Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Context Node for Binding from Used Component

GopalNair
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to be as clear as I can in this question. So, please excuse the length of the question, and request patient perusal.

I am creating a custom UI Component which displays list of jobs running in the system. To do this, I have defined usage for component : :GS_JOBMONITOR, and successfully embedded the MainView from GS_JOBMONITOR component into the custom component window, and I was able to display the assignment block.

The list of jobs running in the system is stored in JOBS Context node in GS_JOBMONITOR component, as shown in the following screen shot:

My goal is to create a Model Context Node in my custom component, and in the component controller method : WD_USAGE_INITIALIZE, perform context node binding between GS_JOBMONITOR.JOBS context node, and my custom controller context node.  When reviewing the BASE_ENTITY_NAME of JOBS context node, we see that the underlying BOL Entity name is : "JMJob", as seen in following screen shot:

To perform context node binding, we will need the source and target context nodes to be of similar nature. Hence, I tried to create a context node in my custom component controller with the same underlying BOL Entity type, "JMJob". This promptly gives me the following error:

So, the question is, how do I identity the right BOL Entity to use for creating Model Context node in my custom component, so that I can perform context node binding from a used component?

Best Regards,

Gopal Nair.

View Entire Topic
former_member211707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gopal,

You can use component set "JOBMON" also. JOBMON is component set for component JOBMON and we can find context node JMJob there under genil_model_browser.

Thanks,

Amit