cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between structure BAPIPARNR4 in ERP vs. BAPIPARNR3 in CRM due to missing field VAT_REG_NO

michael_piesche
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) What has happened ?

Customer updated ERP system to EHP8 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 with Service Pack 15 (09/2020) and currently has CRM system EHP4 FOR SAP CRM 7.0 with Service Pack 04 (11/2016) FP.

2) What is the (current) problem ?

The update of ERP system is already in production, despite the fact that the issues with sales order replication from CRM to ERP have been noticed during update in the dev/test environment already. I currently wonder whether soon there will be more issues to pop up.

3) More details

The current problem occurs when RFC BAPI_SALESDOCU_PROXY_UPLOAD is called from CRM in ERP, which uploads the CRM sales order to the ERP system. Currently, the problem is based on the difference in the table structure for TI_PARTNERS. The structure in ERP is BAPIPARNR4 and in CRM it is BAPIPARNR3. Currently they are not identical due to the update. In ERP there is one more field, which is VAT_REG_NO, that has been inserted before the CRM Partner Guids. For that reason, the Partner Guids are not submitted correctly, and the process stops understandably with an error about not being able to map the business partners (CRM message CRM_ORDER_MISC 020, ERP message C 010).

4) Solution ?

I have not been able to find a perfect SAP note right away regarding this issue. I should be assigned an S-User account shortly in order to start an Expert chat or even open an incident. However, I thought I give it a shot to get some info this way as well.

5) Update

The best SAP note I found is this, which will definitly solve the specific problem.

But it contains only manual steps, adding the field to the structure, which would be very obvious when tackling the problem through modification without the help of SAP.

Also, I find the component a little confusing, CRM-S4-SRV-SVO, but I guess there is a renaming going on in order to give CRM the touch/blessing of S4. But the software component S4CRM probably only exists in CRM when you start to connect it to S4.
The last thing that stopped me for a bit before implementing was the fact, that the note was in regards to another ERP note (2851130), which didnt directly apply to this case.

6) Going forward

The manual steps have been implemented and transported and solve the problem as expected.

In conclusion, I believe the ERP note was integrated into SAP releases, whereas the CRM note has not been integrated yet, or has been integrated into more recent releases (which seems understandable, as the SAP note is from October 2019 and the CRM releases I have looked at, have a release date prior to that).

So my final question would be, with what CRM releases (Service Packs) will this issue be fixed through standard coding?

View Entire Topic

2937127 - Replikation von CRM Belegen ins ECC System bricht ab nach Einbau des Hinweises 2851130 im ECC System

Solve the issue with CRM system EHP4 FOR SAP CRM 7.0 with Service Pack 15 (10/2020)