cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Field focus functionality in SAP C4C

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm trying to implement a functionality, in which whenever there is some error in a field, then that particular field should be highlighted to the user. so it will be easy for the user to correct it.

For eg: If a field is mandatory and the user forgets to enter any data in it, then the system should highlight that field with a red square over it or the screen should scroll & lead the user to the error field automatically.

Please let me know, if there is any such functionality in SAP C4C which I can leverage. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Sooriyaprakash

View Entire Topic
mjveerhuis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sooriyaprakash

Standard the solution already provides in highlighting fields and messages in case anything is not filled as defined.

When e.g. a mandatory field is not filled and the end-users save the record the field is already outlined in red and a message in red appears that Save is rejected because field [.... ] is defined mandatory by the key user

When e.g. an end user enters a 'nonsense' value in a field that holds a drop down the same behavior occurs, the field is outlined in read and a message in read appears [....] is not a valid value for this field. Enter a valid value.

I don't know the back ground of the request, but in case there are a lot of fields in the screen and users get easily confused on what they need to do, you might consider to use the page lay out functionality and hide fields that are not relevant for your process and the users that work with it. Like that the screen might look 'easier' for the users and they identify faster where they have forgotten to enter a value.

Kr.

MJ

0 Kudos

Hi Marie,

Thanks for your prompt response.

As per my understanding the Standard SAP solution highlights fields and raises error messages only for the Standard fields. Is there any other way of leveraging this same SAP functionality(mainly error field highlighting) to KUT or PDI fields? The KUT field will be of Text datatype.

Please let me know if you need more information on this request.

Best Regards,

Sooriyaprakash

mjveerhuis1
Active Contributor

Hi

The functionality works the same for non- standard fields.

So also with KUT field that are set to mandatory - the outline is red when not filled and an error message appears stating Save rejected because field is defined as mandatory by key user.

Kr.

MJ

0 Kudos

Hi Marie,

Thanks for your inputs.

I'll work on this and let you know if I there is any additional enhancement needed in this functionality.

Best Regards,

Sooriya