Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Features of SAP S/4HANA Customer Management

former_member595182
Participant
0 Kudos

I have some Questions regarding SAP S/4HANA for customer management features:

1. Can we use sap CM (CRM addon for S/4HANA) service without integration with timesheet (CATs)? If yes how can we record planned and actual costs?
  2. Can we mention work center (and work center capacity) in service order? Where can we mention this?
  3. Can we mention equipment used in maintenance in CM service order and mention its capacity?
  4. Can we mention operations with activity type as in CS service order? If yes where? If No, What are the alternative to mention many activity types in service order other than the one used in integration with time sheet?
  5. Can we record goods recipes and goods issues with reference to CM service order directly (from MIGO)? If No can we post issues and receipts directly on internal order created for the service order, and what will be effect on controlling?
  6. Is item category Tools still exist in latest version of sap CM? if not what are the alternatives? Can we create new item category to be used in issuing tools and receiving them at end of service order?

also is there any document comparing between SAP CM and SAP CS?

Thanks.

View Entire Topic
Silvia_Ventura
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Alaa,

sorry for the delay in my answer. I've just seen your ticket in our S/4HANA Service queue. I'm going to use this Community to respond your questions because they are very interesting for another customers as well.

First of all, I would like to clarify : S/4HANA Service is under-design. The objective is to minimize the impact and migration of CS customers merging the best of both components
  • (Commercial aspect) Selling process /agreements -> CRM Service orders
  • (Technical aspect) -> CS/PM orders. This include the workcenters, task list

Service order & CS order will be integrated together as "twin objects" and they will be synchronized. This means, when you create a (CRM) service order, system will create automatically a PM order . You can check the roadmap of S/4HANA in RoadMap_S/4HANA, here you can search "maintenance-centric" that is the name of this new service orders.

Secondly, I'll try to answer your question for version 2021

1. Can we use sap CM service without integration with timesheet (CATs)? If yes how can we record planned and actual costs? Yes you can but then you can't get any costs from working hours.

2. Can we mention work center (and work center capacity) in service order? Where can we mention this?

3. Can we mention equipment used in maintenance in CM service order and mention its capacity?

6. Item category Tools still exist in latest version of sap CM? if not what are the alternatives? Can we create new item category to be used in issuing tools and receiving them at end of service order?

No in this version 2021. When "maintenance-centric" is released (likely in 2022) the maintenance order linked to the service order will manage capacities & work centers and tools (item category BUS2000153 is not available)

4. Can we mention operations with activity type as in CS service order? If yes where? If No, What are the alternative to mention many activity types in service order other than the one used in integration with time sheet?

It's not exactly as CS. You have to specify the activity type per item category in customizing

Define Derivation of Attendance Type, Activity Type and Cost Element.

5.Can we record goods recipes and goods issues with reference to CM service order directly (from MIGO)? If No can we post issues and receipts directly on internal order created for the service order, and what will be effect on controlling?

Service order is not a controlling object. That means that can't collect costs and the good movement, purchase documents are assigned to the internal roder.

This all current information that I got for 2021. Hope it clarifies a little bit your questions.

Have a good day

Silvia Ventura

former_member595182
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks alot this is really helpful.

Alaa Mohammed.