cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I schedule a follow up email with time as trigger?

alessandroventuri
Participant
0 Kudos

I am designing a very simple email campaign that

- sends an email with a link to a landing page to a target group

- if the contact fills a form in the landing page he registers to an event, and a confirmation email is sent

- if the contact does not fill the form, after 7 days a new email is sent with the same link and the process is re-done

- if the contact fills the form, the confirmation is sent, and if he does not still fill the form even this time, nothing happens further

- after 30 days from the first sending, a reminder is sent to all those that filled the form, in order to remind them that the event date is approaching.

I could design all these steps apart the last one. Apparently there is no way to schedule the reminder waiting for x days.

Any suggestion? Thanks!

View Entire Topic
Katharinam
Participant

Hi alessandroventuri,

"After 30 days from the first sending, a reminder is sent to all those that filled the form, in order to remind them that the event date is approaching."

Maybe you can work with an additional campaign that works on the trigger "Filled the Form" and additionally with a live target group "Campaign xy" (= the previous campaign) as a filter.

Via the Send Parameters, you can set that the email will be sent 30 days after the campaign has been triggered.

Kind Regards

Katharina

alessandroventuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Katharina, thank you very much for your quick reply!

I had already thought about it, but it seemed very strange to me that the system can't handle such a simple automation workflow within just one campaign...

Katharinam
Participant

Hi Alessandro - one more idea:

if you want to display everything in one campaign, I would try to work with the same Trigger (= "Filled the form") twice: Once for the confirmation-mail and once for the follow-up-mail after 30 days (Send Parameters).

You might have to test this to see if it could work that way.

alessandroventuri
Participant

Hi Katharina, this idea sounds much better! Thanks for taking the time to think about it out of the box.

I am quite inexperienced, so before spending time for workarounds I always wait to see if there is a "native" way to do things with SAP MC.

But since apparently this is not the case, you have been really helpful!!!