cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

​How do I restart the hotfolder service which died without restarting the backgroundProcessing node?

geffchang
Active Contributor

How do I restart the cloud hotfolder service which died without restarting the backgroundProcessing node?

The cloud hotfolder imported a VariantCategory file that had a cyclic structure. e.g. VariantCategory A is the supercategory of VariantCategory B, and VariantCategory B is the supercategory of VariantCategory A. This caused the hotfolder import cronjob to die because of StackOverflowError. i.e. There are no more logs about the import progress.

The fastest solution would be to change the status of the dead cronjob to ABORTED and to restart the server. However, we can't restart the server during business hours. Is there another way to restart the import service (e.g. via Groovy script) without restarting the backgroundProcessing nodes?

StefanKruk
Active Participant

When you restart a Service in the CCv2, the Restart is done in a Rolling Mode.
So the BackgroundProcessing Node will set up additional nodes and only will shutdown the old nodes after the new nodes are ready.

You can test this in any CCv2 Environment before.

geffchang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

stefankruk Thanks for the comment. I'm aware of this behavior. Would you know if this prematurely aborts any business process that is currently in progress, or does it gracefully wait for all business processes to end before shutting down the old server?

StefanKruk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As far as I know it will be tried to shutdown the Server for a period of time, so that running processes can finish, but it is not guaranteed. If you have long running Jobs there you should identify them first and make a decision if you can stop/restart them.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)