cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send out live campaign to e-mail other then golden record?

JEFODB
Participant

Dear experts,

Our system is integrated with our Sales Cloud environment and our website. This means contacts can have multiple origins (Website or C4C BuPa).

We have the following business case.

Step 1: A contact fills in a form on the website to request a whitepaper.

Step 2: This creates an interaction 'Whitepaper requested' on the contact profile.

If this contact already exists (matching based on mail address), the interaction will be added to the contact profile. If not, the system will create a new contact.

Step 3: Based on a trigger-based campaign - whitepaper requested - an e-mail with the download link is send. This e-mail is not linked to a specific communication category.

This is working perfectly as designed for new contacts or contacts with only one e-mail address.

In some cases however, we know two e-mail addresses. One business mail address coming from our C4C system (@companyA.com) and one personal address coming from the website (@gmail.com). The match & merge logic is set up that C4C has the highest priority and thus the C4C e-mail address is stored on the golden record. In this case our trigger based campaign sends out the-mail to the C4C e-mail address regardless of which e-mail was filled in on the form.

So, I request the whitepaper via my person address (@gmail.com) but I will receive the e-mail with the whitepaper link on my business address (@companyX.com). This is ofcourse not very customer centric.

I already though about using suppression rules on campaign execution but I want to avoid this as much as possible. (If it is even possible)

Does anyone had a similar requirement? And if so, how did you tackle it?

Thanks in advance!

Jef Op de Beek

View Entire Topic
vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jef,

Not sure if this wouldn't be an equal mess than using suppression rules, but maybe using a subscription-based category might help.

Subscription-based emails have a different determination of the email address used. Now, with the delivery of https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/228421/?section=sectionComments it changed a bit, but those kind of emails are sent to the subscribed email address instead of to the golden record email address.

So you might add a hidden preselected flag on your landing page that subscribes the person to the category "whitepaper", and then the mail should be sent to that specific email address.

However with the influence request mentioned above, I'm unsure about what the result will be if that same person then afterwards again requests the whitepaper with again another email address... I fear he then might get it on both subscribed addresses, so that should be carefully tested.

Hope it helps,

Groetjes

Joyca

JEFODB
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca,

thank you for the response. Indeed setting up a communication category might help in this scenario. Although, it should be tested carefully to see what the impact will be if a contact has two different mail addresses in the system.

However, we also have a similar scenario for event registration. The difference here is that we already have a communication category 'Events' and most of the sales contacts already have an opt-in for this type of newsletter. In this case, your solution will most likely not work.

I was hoping that there was a feature where you can choose to send out live e-mails only to the e-mail linked to that specific trigger interaction. (in my case: Whitepaper) To me it seems a quite logical process.

I'll test the work around with the communication category and keep you posted.

Many thanks,

Jef