cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isuue installing SAP Commerce 2105 with Windows

chholzermsg
Participant

Hi,

I dowloaded the current version of SAP Commerce (CXCOMM210500P_1-70005661). When I try to install it on my Windows machine (using the cx recipe), I get an error during "initialize".

] The command failed: [exec] C:\projekte\commerce\hybris\bin\modules\smartedit\smartedittools\common\temp\pnpm-local\node_modules\.bin\pnpm install --no-prefer-frozen-lockfile --strict-peer-dependencies [exec] ERROR: Error: The command failed with exit code 1

It looks to me as if the node_modules" folder is not there.

Has anybody solved this issue?

cburmeister
Explorer

Same here. The error occurs only with version 2105.1. Version 2105.0 is working.

NiveditaPDixit
Explorer
0 Kudos

Encountering the same issue of failing for the command execution of pnpm install on 2105.1

[exec] Running "pnpm install" in D:\hybris\2105\hybris\bin\modules\smartedit\smartedittools\common\temp [exec] [exec] [exec] The command failed: [exec] D:\hybris\2105\hybris\bin\modules\smartedit\smartedittools\common\temp\pnpm-local\node_modules\.bin\pnpm install --no-prefer-frozen-lockfile --strict-peer-dependencies [exec] ERROR: Error: The command failed with exit code 1

NiveditaPDixit
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have LTS node version 14.18.0 on my instance , but the build is using the latest version 16.6.0

Can find it in the node install folder within the bundle 2105\\hybris\\bin\\modules\\npm-ancillary\\npmancillary\\resources\\npm\\node\\node-v16.6.0-win-x64

trace

[echo] verdaccio.cache is set to: false [echo] Running [rush update] on path D:\hybris\2105\hybris\bin\modules\smartedit\smartedittools [exec] [exec] [exec] Rush Multi-Project Build Tool 5.50.0 - https://rushjs.io [exec] Node.js version is 16.6.0 (pre-LTS) [exec] [exec] [exec] Starting "rush update" [exec] Your version of Node.js (16.6.0) is not a Long-Term Support (LTS) release. These versions frequently have bugs. Please consider installing a stable release. [exec]

chholzermsg
Participant
0 Kudos

The pnpm is stored in directory <User>\.rush\node-v16.6.0. (I think it is created by SAP Commerce)

NiveditaPDixit
Explorer

Yes, it comes bundled with SAP commerce

0 Kudos

Hi,
I believe that you may work this out by having npm installed on you machine.

Please check with npm -v command in command console.
C:\Users\user>npm -v

Previous versions of CX didn't require npm but latest one seem to struggle without it.
You can find some general information about installation of node.js here
https://phoenixnap.com/kb/install-node-js-npm-on-windows
but in general it should be enough if you downloaded and installed node.js. You can use below link. I used 64bit version to make it work on my Windows 10.
https://nodejs.org/en/download/
Check if this can help you too.

NiveditaPDixit
Explorer

Hi ,

I already have npm installed and also installed pnpm .when it failed during the initialize step . Installed pnpm using the command which reports the failure "pnpm install --no-prefer-frozen-lockfile --strict-peer-dependencies" on the command prompt. and no error is reported standalone. JFYI, I had node 14 LTS version installed and observe node 16 being leveraged by the build overriding already present node LTS version .

2105 patch 0 works fine with no issues for the same configuration and initialize went through cleanly with no issues and able to setup stores including the Spartacus .

JFYI..

NPM version on my instance

D:\>npm -v

D:\>node -v v

Thanks,

Nivedita

View Entire Topic
NiveditaPDixit
Explorer

Had raised the issue with SAP support on Commerce 2105 patch 1 , below workaround provided by SAP support works fine for me , able to proceed with build and setup of Commerce.

1. Change the pnpm version to 5.18.10 on "bin\modules\smartedit\smartedittools\common\config\rush.tpl.json";
  2. Delete .pnpm-store under your Windows $HOME;
  3. Trigger commerce build
0 Kudos

I tried replacing the pnpm version but still, I get the same Error

Let me know incase if I miss any

NiveditaPDixit
Explorer
0 Kudos

Worked fine for me , following the steps mentioned in my answer above. Is it installing 5.18.10 pnpm version ??

0 Kudos

I am getting the below error,

[exec] Copying "/APP/sap/hybris/bin/modules/smartedit/smartedittools/common/config/rush/pnpm-lock.yaml"

[exec] --> "/APP/sap/hybris/bin/modules/smartedit/smartedittools/common/temp/pnpm-lock.yaml"

[exec] Copying "/APP/sap/hybris/bin/modules/smartedit/smartedittools/common/config/rush/pnpm-lock.yaml"

[exec] --> "/APP/sap/hybris/bin/modules/smartedit/smartedittools/common/temp/pnpm-lock-preinstall.yaml"

[exec]

[exec] Checking installation in "/APP/sap/hybris/bin/modules/smartedit/smartedittools/common/temp"

[exec]

[exec]

[exec] Running "pnpm install" in /APP/sap/hybris/bin/modules/smartedit/smartedittools/common/temp

[exec]

[exec]

[exec] Linking local projects

[exec]

[exec] LINKING: @smart/utils [exec] [exec] ERROR: Internal Error: Cannot find installed dependency "@angular/animations"

[exec] in

[exec] "/APP/sap/hybris/bin/modules/smartedit/smartedittools/common/temp/node_modules/.pnpm/local/%2FAPP%2Fsap%2Fhybris%2Fbin%2Fmodules%2Fsmartedit%2Fsmartedittools%2Fcommon%2Ftemp%2Fprojects%2Futils.tgz_prettier@2.1.1/node_modules"

[exec] You have encountered a software defect. Please consider reporting the issue to

[exec] the maintainers of this application.

BUILD FAILED

/app/sap/hybris/bin/platform/build.xml:13: The following error occurred while executing this line: /app/sap/hybris/bin/platform/resources/ant/compiling.xml:75: The following error occurred while executing this line: /app/sap/hybris/bin/platform/resources/ant/compiling.xml:133: The following error occurred while executing this line: /app/sap/hybris/bin/platform/resources/ant/util.xml:13: The following error occurred while executing this line: /app/sap/hybris/bin/platform/resources/ant/compiling.xml:140: The following error occurred while executing this line: /app/sap/hybris/bin/platform/resources/ant/compiling.xml:269: The following error occurred while executing this line: /app/sap/hybris/bin/platform/resources/ant/util.xml:132: The following error occurred while executing this line: /app/sap/hybris/bin/modules/smartedit/smartedittools/buildcallbacks.xml:134: The following error occurred while executing this line: /app/sap/hybris/bin/modules/npm-ancillary/npmancillary/buildcallbacks.xml:460: The following error occurred while executing this line: /app/sap/hybris/bin/modules/npm-ancillary/npmancillary/buildcallbacks.xml:139: exec returned: 1 Total time: 3 minutes 15 seconds

NiveditaPDixit
Explorer
0 Kudos

The above error is not related to pnpm installation, it is related to angular .

Cannot find installed dependency "@angular/animations".

probably you already have angular installed and it is conflicting

you will find animations folder under node modules for angular which should will be installed .

bin\modules\smartedit\smartedittools\common\temp\node_modules\@angular

0 Kudos

I have not installed angular, but I have installed node v16.10.0 and npm 7.24.0

Still it's weird, any other thoughts to solve this issue

roman_sz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Please check with versions mentioned by Piotr Sztok in one of answers above.
Also please run that on non-patched 2105 version. We haven't succeded with 2105.1 version.

chkumar03
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nivedita,

Changing the pnpm version to 5.18.10 ,this is enough and worked for me.