Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial confirmation in Service Order

Bidhu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

In S/4HANA Service, System is allowing to complete the order, with partial confirmation.

Service Order:-

Item 1 = 1 qty

Item 2= 2 qty

Goods issue against reservation

Item 1 = 1 qty

Item 2= 2 qty

Service Confirmation

Item 1 = 1 qty

Item 2= 1 qty <-------------

Final confirmation.

Now system allow me to change the status to Completed. and released to billing. and invoice to be created.

So in short, the one quantity issued against a reservation is issued from stock but cannot be invoiced (Shouldnt be). which is bassically lost.

Is this a pruduct bug or its by design ?

Anyone faced this and how you have resolved it?

Thanks

Bidhu

View Entire Topic
Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bidhu,

When you set the service order to completed, the reserved item is put back in the unrestricted stock, so that other service transactions can consume that item from the unrestricted stock.

When you complete the service confirmation for the item 2, only 1 item is consumed as part of the service confirmation. The remaining item is put back into the unrestricted stock - and it is not lost. You can still see that item in the inventory, but in unrestricted stock.

I hope you are invoicing the service confirmation in this case (T&M), as only consumed item is invoiced which is correct.

Regards,

Siraj

Bidhu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Siraj

Thank you very much for explanation. Really appriciated.

If we issue goods issue (MIGO) from warehouse, the parts wont go back to stock, am I correct? I need to create a Goods return for that I think.

Thanks

Bidhu

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bidhu,

Sorry for the late response.

Yes, you are right. The unused spare parts will remain in the storage location, which is used for consumption from the service order. You need to return the goods explicitly back to the central warehouse.

Regards,

Siraj