cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Marketing Cloud: One Click Unsubscribe button not visible in emails

rebeca_elvetia
Explorer

Hello Community!

My company is getting ready for the google deliverability updates. According to these updates, it is required for us to enable a "one click unsubscribe button" to our emails.

We have followed the steps detailed under "Automatic Unsubscribe for Emails (List Unsubscribe)" and we have also added an email address for unsubscribing based on the links here:

In the Sender Profiles in the options for the header we have opt for Email Address for unsubscribing. Since Sinch Email 365 is our ESP, we have used the email address that is presetted and recommended (unsubscribe@eusmtp.email.sdi.sinch.com). See also picture attached.

Even though, when we tested receiving an email, no unsubscribe button or any link in the email body or header of the email is visible.

So my question is:

Is there any additional step we must configure? I thought only the email address was necessary for the unsubscribe button to be visible, but are we missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Rebeca.

View Entire Topic
Vibhuti_Dabral
Explorer

Hi Rebeca, 

Try validating the Header value on your received email. It should be something like this.

List-Unsubscribe:<mailto:unsubscribe@........>

If you have a proper mailto link visible on the header, then your email client is not conforming to the instructions given by the list unsubscribe header.

rebeca_elvetia
Explorer

Hi Vibhuti_Dabral,

I just checked the header of the test email I received. And I confirm that the header value for List-Unsubscribe has a proper mailto link visible.

rebeca_elvetia
Explorer
Hi, My header value looks just like you are describing. I assume then my email client is not conforming to the instructions given by the list unsubscribe header. What should I do next?
Vibhuti_Dabral
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Rebeca,
Vibhuti_Dabral
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rebeca,

IMHO if the header is visible, and if the test email to a Gmail account shows you the 'Unsubscribe' option, then according to me your work is complete. There isn't much you can do about the email clients. Having said that, you can try using One click Unsubscribe URL as suggested by Isabelle. Chances are that it might work. If that is not an option or that too does not work then, you would have to reach out to the developers of the email client you are testing on, and ask them how they are supporting the List-Unsubscribe header.