cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SF EC to C4C - Private Contact Data - Employee

Andrew86
Participant
0 Kudos

We are in a EC Implementation programme and as part of this we are looking to establish an Employee Feed from EC to C4C.
We have had our instance of C4C for 8 years receive a feed from SAP HCM which includes an Employees Private Contact Data. We use this so that we send personal email address into C4C for an Employee record. Its been beneficial as an inbound email from an employee who is using their personal email address can be recognised, a ticket created and aligned to that employee.
In the discovery phase for the EC feed, its been detailed that the standard EC SF communication scenario does not cater for the Private Contact Details. On this basis, how and what is the best way to bring in Private Contact Details so we continue receiving these details for an Employee from that of SF EC?

View Entire Topic
HendrikGerdes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I had similar requirements with a customer using EC and C4C. we created own fields via Key User Tools (no code) for the private data. these KUT Fields can also be added and used in the C4C Interface and can be mapped on the middleware to the respective fields in SF EC.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.

Best,

Hendrik

Andrew86
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Hendrik, thank you for your response, at this moment we are tackling this issue.
So at present we have SAP HCM mapping an Employee Personal Email to the C4C Employee Private Details Email Address. We are now moving to Employee Central integration using CPI.

Am i correct in saying we cannot expose this standard Private Email Address field to CPI via wsdl?
I understand you mentioned that if we create a Custom Field and exposed this to CPI we can map to it. However how do we then take that data present in this custom field and place it into the Private Email Address field on the Employee Record. I assume this might involve PDI development and somehow use some form of script to update the Standard field using some form of Event.

Do you know how i could tackle this?