cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding sales order creation after quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have the requirement where I have to generate a sales order if a quotation is created from VA21. I have found out that BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 can be enhanced to achieve this. A sales order can only be created if the quotation belongs to certain category say 'ABC'.

Since I am new to ABAP I am little confused how to proceed with this information. How can use above-mentioned bapi to fulfill this requirement.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

My requirement is while saving quotation if category = 'ZQT' then Sales order should be created from that point itself.

I want to where can I write the code for this?

Regards,

Sam

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not a developer, but the first question that I would ask if I had such requirement would be "what is quotation category"?

I have not encountered such term before, is this the sales document type?

I also do not understand why you would need to enhance the BAPI itself - what it is that you don't have in this BAPI that requires enhancing it? Even if you have some custom fields in VBAK, VBAP, VBEP, VBKD - these can be updated via EXTENSIONIN. On top of that, with this BAPI you can only update the document flow, it is not a true "create with reference" as in VA01. If you use it - then you have to take care of the copying of conditions etc. by yourself - as explained in SAP note 550726 - FAQ: BAPIs in sales - Restrictions and 370988 - BAPIs in SD: Creation with reference.

I mean no disrespect, but the idea of creating immediately sales order from a quotation seems strange to me as a SD consultant. Normally, you use the quotation to inform the customer at what price, what terms and when you can deliver certain products that the customer asks about and it is not binding to him. Based on the quotations that the customer receives from several vendors he can decide if he is going to buy the products from you or not. Unlike quotations, sales orders are binding to the customer. A sales order referencing a quotation indicates that the customer has agreed to the price and terms. Considering that the business requests to generate the order immediately after the quotation was saved means that there is no negotiating taking place - then it is possible that this quotation is not needed.

Of course, if you use the quotation document for something different than standard - it might make some sense, but it is hard to tell from the information that you provided.