cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebUI in ChaRM - How to change field label?

sergey_dorokhov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the WebUI of the change document in ChaRM, the label of the field //BTDOCFLOWRFC/OBJECTID "associated request for change" cannot be changed. The changes via UI Component Workbench simply won't be saved.

According to entries in SAP Community, there are still ways to change the filed label via Design Layer and/or via Text Repository. I tried this, but I couldn't find this field.

Can somebody refer with this problem?

Thank you.

Best regards
Sergey

Vera_Jiang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
I have added tag "CRM WebClient UI" to help this question. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sergey_dorokhov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Does anybody know the solution?

That would be very helpful for me.

Thank you.

deepa_m_s
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Sergey,

You can change the field label in the CRM UI itself. 

1. Launch CRM Web UI [T-code SM_CRM/CRM_UI]
  2. Choose a relevant business role [Ex : SOLMANPRO]
  3. Open the document you want to change the field label for and click on the "Show configurable areas" button at the top right. If you're unable to see this button kindly check the KBA 2520279 - SAP CRM WebUI: Show Configurable areas/Configure page buttons are not showing up, to enabl...
  4. Once you click on the "Show configurable areas" button, click on the section where the field is added on the screen.
  5. The View configuration page opens up and a configuration layer is selected by default. 
  6. You can select the field you want to change the label for and click on the "Show Field properties" button. 
  7. You can directly edit the Field label here. 
  8. Save and apply the changes made. 

Hope this helps. If this doesn't help change the field label and if you still have issues with editing the label, feel free to raise a case with CA-WUI-UI component area and we'll help check this further. 

Best Regards, 
    Deepa
    SAP Product Support

sergey_dorokhov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

Thanks for your answer. I already know the traditional procedure for adjusting the fields in WebUI. But the change of the mentioned field label is not saved. If you think this is a bug, I will open the SAP ticket. But I thought there are other ways for field editing.

Best Regards,

Sergey