cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is an Owner on an ItemType?

StefanKruk
Active Participant

We created some ItemTypes and every ItemType has the Field 'owner'. We do not know for what this field is and we didn't needed it in the past. Now that we are using the Backoffice and created some UserGroups and Users we have issues with searching in Backoffice. If an own created User click in the Field to search for an Owner we get an Internal Server Error because the User doesn't have the Rights to see the possible Owners.

Question:

• For what is the owner on an ItemType?

I hope you can answer these question and give me an deeper insight in how hybris work.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Stefan - owner is an attribute from the ItemModel class, inherited by all classes that extend GenericItem or one of its subclasses. Owner attribute is not mandatory and allows the linking (or owning) or any itemType to another itemType.

I can't comment directly on the internal server error mentioned - perhaps you could elaborate with details from the hybris application log, with any error or stacktrace.

Best Steve

StefanKruk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I Updated my answer. The Error appears because the User doesn't have the right to see the possible Owners. This leads to an Internal Server Error. With the admin account everything works fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great to hear you resolved the issue and and hope my answer helped your original question :-)

Answers (0)