Data and Analytics Discussions
Get involved in Data & Analytics discussions. Engage in vibrant conversations, share insights, and explore perspectives on data and analytics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data analysis in relatation to BSID and BSAD

ITManuel
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm building a report which analyses customer related accounting informations contained in BSID and BSAD. What I understood so far is that BSID contains open (non - cleared ) items and BSAD contains cleared items. 

I've discovered that the column [BELNR] cannot be used as a unique identifier for accounting documents. CHAT-GPT is saying that the unique identifier for accounting documents in BSID and BSAD is composite key of the following fields: [BUKRS], [KUNNR], [GJAHR] and [BELNR] this on a document basis on a line basis also [BUZEI] would need to be included. 

My first question would be, is this information correct?

My next question is in relation to the clearing items contained in the field [AUGBL]. This field seems to contain the [BELNR] of the clearing item, but the [BELNR] is again not unique across the tables. I find multiple items if I search for the clearing item with only the [BELNR] which is provided in the [AUGBL] field. 

How can I solve this issue or am I not getting something correctly?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

2 REPLIES 2

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

I've found that ChatGPT is often not correct when using SAP.

Why not use the BSEG table for this?

Or, if you are on S/4HANA, use the ACDOCA table?

0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

thank you for your response. 

I'm still working on S3 so would have to go with the BSEG table. Using this table I can ignore the BSID and BSAD table right?

I intend to use BKPF and BSEG and combine them to have all informations required. I understood that the unique identfier of a document in BKPF and BSEG is a composite key of the fields [MANDT], [BUKRS], [GJARH] & [BELNR]. Via this key I intend joining the the 2 tables. 

It is still not clear to me how I can intentify clearing items in BSEG. The field [AUGBL] seems to contain the [BELNR] of the clearing item, but the [BELNR] is again not unique in BSEG. I find multiple items if I search for the clearing item with only the [BELNR] which is provided in the [AUGBL] field. Would a composite key of [AUGBL] and [AUGDT] be a unique identifier?

If not how can I identify clearing items of individual items in BSEG?

Thanks in advance