Devtoberfest Blog Posts
Got something to share with your fellow Devtoberfest participants? Write it up and share it in a post here!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
By popular demand, we will once again have a contest aspect to Devtoberfest. In 2021 we introduced the idea of earning points from a variety of different activities. This expanded the contest to a much greater number of community members.  Therefore, this year’s Devtoberfest contest will again use the same basic structure.

2023-08-18_08-57-30.pngIt will be a points-based contest.  Points are awarded for things like attending one of the educational sessions, completing certain developer tutorials tied to the topic weeks, or other activities that contribute to the SAP Developer Community. Prizes are awarded based upon SAP Community badges which you earn and you must have a public Community profile to participate.

The listing of activities, points, and other contest details is Coming Soon.

But the fun doesn’t end there.  We brought back the animated Contest Gameboard to help you track your progress through the contest.  Just add your SAP Community Profile ID (the one from people.sap.com - https://people.sap.com/#personal_info  - the value you want is the #personal_info part of the URL) to the end of the following URL: https://devrel-tools-prod-scn-badges-srv.cfapps.eu10.hana.ondemand.com/devtoberfestContest/scnId.Her....

And if you are curious how we built the animated gameboard, we have also released the whole thing as a Sample Code repository here.

IMG_7028.JPGWe also have digital prizes that you can win this year. But most exciting, we have a genuinely great grand prize again this year. It's an all-expense paid trip (see details below) to SAP’s Newport Beach office in California to meet with SAP leaders, product experts and an VIP experience at one of area's major tourist destinations. This grand prize includes:
  • Economy round-trip airfare during event specific dates
  • Single Occupancy Hotel Room during event specific dates
  • Airport transfer fees to and from major gateway airports during event specific dates
  • Meals during event specific dates
  • Theme Park ticket, meals, and transportation on specific date
You will need to earn points to qualify for a prize tier and then to be as fair as possible we will perform a random drawing amongst everyone that qualified for that level.  And as always be sure to review the legal terms and conditions. We also have an FAQ About the Grand Prize Trip.

All the possible points for earning activities and the value of each activity are detailed here (Coming Soon).

Complete tutorials, attend sessions, and solve code challenges you might be sporting a nice pair of mouse ears on your VIP prize trip!
118 Comments
thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

@thomasks - you received the email but you don't see the badge on your profile right?  Because they don't show up in the API data on your user.  For completed tutorials without badge assignments we have an open issue with IT. 

thomasks
Participant
0 Kudos

Yeah, you are right, I don't see the badges in the people.sap profile.

I only checked the emails and the status in Marian's new Badges Dashboard https://devtoberfest.marianzeis.de/?scnId=thomas.steaphen

Thanks @thomas_jung 

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This afternoon (CET) I am not able to log into the contest activites (tutorials) and sometimes when I try, I get a popup promting me to choose certificate from socialize.gigya.com.

For example this happens if I try to open 🟣 Devtoberfest 2023 - Low Code No Code, Week 4 - Governance | SAP Tutorials

TMNielsen_0-1696944876162.png

Have the tutorials been hacked or what is happening?

Regards Thomas Madsen Nielsen

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

@aancos_id2 and @harsh_itaverma -- all the missing badges should be assigned now. In fact for everyone that had missing badges the catch up batch jobs are all complete and should have everything assigned now.

@thomasks - Yours are not assigned but that's because the tutorial system doesn't show those are completed for you. Do you perhaps have multiple accounts assigned to your Universal ID? And if so you might be completing tutorials under a different inner account than what you have assigned to your SAP Community Groups account.  If so you can request an account merge and all activity will be brought into a single ID under your Universal ID.

thomasks
Participant
0 Kudos

@thomas_jung , yes I have 2 accounts under my Universal ID. Is there a team that I can reachout to merge the accounts? Could you share the support team's email.

Thank you

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

@thomasks 

Details on Account Merge can be found here Information about Account Merge (sap.com)

harsh_itaverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung ,

Thanks for your reply. Over the past few days few of the missing badges were allotted to me.

But still I missing these.

#9AFF9A Create a Site Using SAP Build Work Zone, standard edition 
#9BCD9B Add an SAPUI5 App to Your Site 
#FFD39B Add a URL App to Your Site 
#CD919E Access Your Launchpad Site with SAP Mobile Start 
#FF69B4 Create an SAPUI5 App from the Command Line 
#FF6EB4 Debug Your SAPUI5 App 
#CAE1FF Event Driven Architecture – SAP Event Broker for SAP cloud applications 

If you can help with these, it would be great.

Thanks,

Harshita

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung ,

I have completed below tutorials but still the badges are not updated in my gameboard...is that something missed here.

Week 1
#872657 - Devtoberfest 2023 - Create a Customer List Page in an MDK App
Week 2
#191970 - Devtoberfest 2023 - Create and Configure Forms
#AB82FF - Devtoberfest 2023 - Create an Application for Producing Messages
#1E90FF - Devtoberfest 2023 - Create an Application for Receiving Messages
#7CCD7C - Devtoberfest 2023 - Get OAuth Access Token for Document Information Extraction via Web Browser
#CDAA7D - Devtoberfest 2023 - Use Machine Learning to Extract Information from Documents with Swagger UI
Week 4
#9BCD9B - Devtoberfest 2023 - Add an SAPUI5 App to Your Site
#FFD39B - Devtoberfest 2023 - Add a URL App to Your Site

Thank you,

Syam

SMaaLL
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello @thomas_jung 

Sorry to bother you again . Today a last day of contest and I have checked my all my badges.

I still haven't received the badge/points for #F8F8FF. Could you please check?

Thanks a lot.

Alpesa1990
Explorer
0 Kudos

!!

Alpesa1990
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung !

I face to the same problem. I have completed the item but I don´t have the badge:

#F8F8FF - Devtoberfest 2023 - Event Driven Architecture – SAP Event Broker for SAP cloud applications

Thanks in advance!

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

@harsh_itaverma - IT checked your list and they say that you have completed some of the steps but not all in those tutorials and that's why the badges haven't been issued. 

harsh_itaverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung, Apologies for troubling you.

I checked again, but for me it appears to be all tutorials are completed.

Additionally, all the mentioned tutorials belong to two missions:

harsh_itaverma_2-1697202991952.png

harsh_itaverma_1-1697202946702.png

And on my profile, I have both the mission badges.

harsh_itaverma_0-1697202923014.png

harsh_itaverma_3-1697203068687.png

Attaching the screenshot for all the tutorials.

#9AFF9A Create a Site Using SAP Build Work Zone, standard edition 

harsh_itaverma_0-1697201586455.png

#9BCD9B Add an SAPUI5 App to Your Site 

harsh_itaverma_1-1697201638773.png

#FFD39B Add a URL App to Your Site 

harsh_itaverma_2-1697201675793.png

#CD919E Access Your Launchpad Site with SAP Mobile Start 

harsh_itaverma_3-1697201728270.png

#FF69B4 Create an SAPUI5 App from the Command Line 

harsh_itaverma_4-1697201775422.png

#FF6EB4 Debug Your SAPUI5 App 

harsh_itaverma_5-1697201836505.png

harsh_itaverma_6-1697201876659.png

Please suggest, what can be done next.

Thanks,

Harshita

aancos_id2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung ,

Many of the missing points have been appearing, right now I would only have these pending, apart from the fun activities:

#CDAF95 Create a Reusable Service 

Thank you very much for this search for the lost badges!

And congratulations for all the work, once again.

Regards.

harsh_itaverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung 

I have all the badges allotted to me now.

Just #F8F8FF - Devtoberfest 2023 - Event Driven Architecture – SAP Event Broker for SAP cloud applications is missing.

Thanks a lot for helping 🙂

Regards,

Harshita

ALEJONO
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @thomas_jung.

Will finalists receive a badge this year like the one was delivered on 2022?

Kind regards,
Ale.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

@ALEJONO @We do have some special badges planned and we will get those assigned once the team returns from TechEd.