Devtoberfest Discussions
Join in the conversations with your fellow participants, on anything and everything to do with Devtoberfest!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your top reasons to participate in Devtoberfest?

mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi all! 🎊

Less than 2 weeks until Devtoberfest begins which is why I want to take some virtual drum sticks in my hands and start drumming my excitement with this discussion!  😄 🥁

My top reasons for SAP developers to join this celebration are:

1) Get to know your community: Experience what it's like to learn with your community of likeminded SAP developers
How? Join the activities shared in this Devtoberfest group and see who else is participating sessions you're interested in here.

2) Learning: Whether you decide to participate at your own time schedule or together with others, Devtoberfest is a great opportunity to put in use what you learned about topics like ABAP & CAP, SAP Build / Low- and No- Code, Integration, Data, Analytics, & AI, Frontend. See all details of the educational content here

3) Fun: Devtoberfest wouldn't be what it is without the Fun Fridays, the contest or the favorite #petoberfest. All Devtoberfest details can be found in @thomas_jung ' "Welcome" post here

😊Now your turn: What are your top reasons to participate? 

31 REPLIES 31

mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

By the way, you are invited to join me in an informal casual Devtoberfest Coffee Chat on Sep 15 to connect with other participants (or to-be-participants) 🎉 https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/devtoberfest/devtoberfest-coffee-chat/ev-p/285138 

I would love to have joined the chat @mynynachau - but won't make it being OOO! Really nice idea to connect all participants and potential participants! Your top reasons for joining Devtoberfest sound spot on - I would add the same 😊.

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

Thanks Katherine! How sad you can't make it. Enjoy your time off. Maybe we'll have another one if there are more people interested. 😉

Minyahil-1621
Explorer

I am new to SAP community so i want to learn from the community .

Hey @Minyahil-1621  that's great, feel welcome! 😊 Which Devtoberfest sessions are you planning to join? 

Sølvtofte
Explorer

Just like the other years, I will definitely attend some sessions - to gain new knowledge. I will also try to improve my skills in learning sessions. And then just have fun - I am not able to connect to my old community id, due to job switch - so I have to rebuild and redo - badges and so on. The Universal ID merge did not help me in that case 😞 

@Sølvtofte - happy learning! Hope you enjoy Devtoberfest.
When you say it didn't help you - had you gone through the account merging process?
(You might already know about our support page).

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

0 Kudos

Thanks - I have tried - but because I have a new job in another company - I can not sent a mail from the old company mail address, that tells that this old account is no longer valid 😞 so I just have 2 accounts - one which is now active - and without any bagdes (almost) and one with a lot of bagdes (old account: solvtofte - new account: lsolvtofte) 

I do have the old account merged into my SAP universal account - so I do not know what else to do. 

Minyahil-1621
Explorer

I want learn from Devtoberfest community

laesap
Explorer

Hi everyone!

Can't wait to meet the Devtoberfest people, as I am new in the  SAP community!

Indeed, I will definitely attend some sessions in order to learn from you all!

Cheers,

mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Feel welcome! It's nice to e-meet you 😊 What are your topics of interest @laesap  ? 

0 Kudos

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Regarding my topic of interest, it’s mainly SAP Analytics, which is quite large ☺️

tkbisoyi9118
Participant
0 Kudos

👍

Sandra_Solis
Participant

Hello !!!

My main reason to join #devtoberfest is the knowledge, because we can discover many new topics and technologies and improve a lot in a fun contest. This is my only reason to join, the knowledge 😊

100% nothing beats gaining knowledge through peer learning with your community! 🙌

ChithraN
Explorer

Hello ,

This is the first time I am joining #devtoberfest and learning is my primary reason for joining 🙂 Also fun !

mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Awesome @ChithraN ! Welcome! What are you eager to learn?
I'm sure it will be fun 😊

sarika
Explorer

Excited to join #devtoberfest. Looking forward on great learning experience especially SAP Build / Low- and No- Code. 

jresendiz
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Can't wait to learn from all the community. 👨‍💻

sayayinbluepe
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm happy to participate for the first time in Devtoberfest, I'm already counting the hours until it starts and I can share, learn and have a good time with the community 🙂

Elvis Medrano

That I call excitement! Great to have you with us, Elvis! Anything particular you're looking forward to most? 🙂 

Yes, I'm very interested in ABAP Cloud, BTP and SAP Fiori; and of course Petoberfest Day!!!! 🙌🐕😊

Elvis Medrano

0 Kudos

Sounds good! I like! 😊

thomas_weger
Discoverer

Hello,
also for me it's the first time attend the #devtoberfest. 😀
I am curious to get an overview about several different topics like ABAP, Process Automation, LowCode/NoCode. Also to get to know the community.
We are currently in the phase of implementing SAP S/4 HANA private cloud in our medium sized company. So I am very courious how SAP can help us to grow and which possibilities and tools it gives us for the future.

Greetings from South Tyrol 

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor

Hi All,

I've marked my calendar with quite a few Devtoberfest sessions to stay abreast of the latest developments in SAP BTP.   A new area of interest for me is ABAP Cloud and how it supports on-stack developer extensibility for SAP S/4HANA.

Looking forward to it,

Mustafa.

johna69
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

I love the lifelong learning it takes to be in this field. Devtoberfest is a great way for me to cross domains I don't touch day to day.

Utkarsh_goel123
Participant
0 Kudos

Nice

0 Kudos

Hello

cemal
Participant
0 Kudos

I like the setup touching different areas from development & integration to data & analytics, from RAP to CAP. It is great for catching up the recent progress in all the areas 🙂

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Devtoberfest is an great point to get to know what is all around..

Honest to be true.. there are different areas I do the tutorial and don't get the mechanic behind because there are to much questions left how to adapt it into my business area..

but that is exact the great thing here.. I see what is possible and when there is an situation I can come back and have a starting point where I can dig.

That's just great. And of course, being around with the community and see other participants also is great.. even if I haven't the chance to attend a lot sessions this year.. but hey, that's life. Take it as it comes.

abulehtesham
Explorer
0 Kudos

Devtoberfest has been supercharging my skillset every year since 2020, keeping me well-prepared for the upcoming year. During this event, I've had the opportunity to learn about various topics, including CAP hybrid development, SaaS enablement for CAP projects in BAS productivity environments, AI-RAG for large language models, and Process Automation accelerator hub. I've also delved into adding custom SAPUI5 apps, building SAP S/4HANA extensions using SAP Build Apps, and Key User Extensibility.

In Devtoberfest 2023, I had the chance to explore how to integrate SAP API Management with a 3rd-party Identity Provider (IDP) for SAML/JWT/OAuth-based Authentication. Additionally, I discovered an efficient way to clean ABAP code in seconds using ABAP Cleaner.

Participating in the cryptic puzzle challenge was both interesting and challenging. I enjoyed the fun Fridays, contests, and the delightful #Petoberfest.

Unfortunately, I missed out on Game Night because I wasn't aware of it in advance, and I now regret not participating or commenting, which means I missed the opportunity to earn 500 points.