Devtoberfest
Find out what's happening, and when, in the Devtoberfest schedule – don't miss out!
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

🟑 How Did I Miss That?

Devtoberfest

As a follow up to the popular session from @MichelleMoudy  last year's "How did I not see that?" We will have another great session for #FunFriday where the Developer Advocates come together to share stories of times where we were involved in a project, a go-live, a push to production, anything that really had an impact on others and we made a mistake and learned from that mistake. 

It's all part of growing and we want to have fun sharing what it is that made us who we are.  Please join us in the chat and comment, ask questions and even share your own stories if you would like.

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Starts:
Ends:
13 Comments
aancos_id2
Participant

Raise your hand if you haven't ever executed a batch-input in production that was supposed to modify something but... deleted everything!

Don't worry, it wasn't important... it was just data from infotype 8, only 2 days to pay the payroll; nothing that a backup and a few hours of work couldn't solve πŸ˜‰

jpsapabap21
Participant

Typing a TR number and making an error which makes a custom table TR a upgrade TR....

6 months after the upgrade...

You can imagine what happens next..

how did I miss that?

VladiE
Participant

I missed the Devtobtoberfest 2022, how did I miss that?

thomasks
Participant

In the 1st year of being a developer and barely understanding the power of unix commands, I was asked to remove older files from certain folders in the filesystem and instead removed entire folders... thanks to the Basis team, they had a backup of the filesystem and directories. 

More like a "how did I MESS that?" moment.πŸ˜…

Florian
Active Contributor

How did I miss the event.. would have loved to listen to it live.

Next time 😞

hac
Explorer

I also had the issue with deleting a folder on the unix machine. I was checking some issue with a custom PI adapter that was using some temporary files and I removed everything in the folder. I was lucky I was in the temp folder and anywhere more relevant

maulikparekh
Participant

How did I miss to comment here πŸ˜„ It seems 500 points we may get πŸ™‚ 

VijayCR
Active Contributor

I have once deleted the table maintainance generator of a table which contained table event I could regenerate it however could realize the events were missing only it was moved to production later have to rebuild the event .

Thanks,

Vijay

rcaziraghi
Participant

Once, while I was fixing a computer I had, I changed some parts and then tried to turn the computer on, but nothing happenedβ€”no beeps, nothing. I checked and saw it was plugged into the power stabilizer. I thought I had broken something. I reverted all the parts back to their original state and was nearing my wits' end when I realized that the power stabilizer wasn't plugged into the outlet. I almost went nuts because I had just lost an hour there.

harsh_itaverma
Participant

Fun session!!

Was able to attend it live and read few more stories in the live chat on youtube πŸ™‚

abulehtesham
Explorer

Deleted the wrong branch when I first started with Git. Lost my work because I hadn't merged 'dev' into 'main'.

Jeansy
Active Contributor

I selected the wrong Transport Request in STMS when importing a change request into productive environment πŸ˜„

SyambabuAllu
Contributor

I too encountered issues during my initial days of OData development, where I missed some of the Gateway (OData) objects/artifacts sequencing when moving to production.