Devtoberfest
Find out what's happening, and when, in the Devtoberfest schedule – don't miss out!
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

πŸ”΄ Integrate SAP API Management with 3rd party IDP for SAML/JWT/OAuth based Authentication

Devtoberfest

The session combines topics across security and integration on the SAP Business Technology Platform  (BTP). They are not isolated but connected. We talk about trusting a 3rd party IDP (with MS Azure AD as an example) on BTP and the ways to achieve different types of authentication with SAP API Management for API-managed scenarios to increase the security level of APIs and protect the data from a backend system(s).

After the session, complete the following tutorial so you can earn points to the amazing Devtoberfest contest: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/devtoberfest2023-week1-integration-sap-api-management.html

πŸ› You can find the slides for this session and all the Devtoberfest 2023 πŸ”΄ integration track sessions here - https://dam.sap.com/mac/app/p/assets/event/nKHg7EB?hierarchy=true&sort=Alphabetical

πŸ‘‰Check out other sessions part of the Devtoberfest 2023 πŸ”΄ integration track.

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Starts:
Ends:
12 Comments
TMNielsen
Contributor

is this related to SAP Gateway?

ajmaradiaga
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Not really, it will focus on SAP API Management. It will cover security policies, Cloud Connector, JWT, SAP S/4HANA backend and more.

carlaosap
Explorer

Hi,

When I try to actvate my API Management, I am geting error. I have tried many times, even deleting and create new Integration Suite instance. Any idea please?

mischarf
Participant
carlaosap
Explorer

ok thank your very much

mischarf
Participant

On my side the activation still fails.

ajmaradiaga
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

@mischarf@carlaosap there have been issues activating the capability in the trial US environment. Can you try using the trial Singapore environment? I know that that environment is working fine.

OlgenH
Participant

Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to watch this live at it was too late for me but watched the recording and found this very interesting. So much still to unpack from this session so will have to watch it a few more times. Loved all the architecture diagrams!!

ajmaradiaga
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Yeah, very thorough explanation. Glad that you were able to catch the recording πŸ™‚

twelz
Newcomer

Very insightful as well as really helpful for a current problem at my company! Thank you very much! πŸ™‚

ajmaradiaga
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Good to know that this session will enable you in your day-to-day job!

JorgeCalderon
Newcomer

Hello @former_member54417 and @ajmaradiaga 

First of all, thanks for the really good content. We are actually facing a really similar scenario to the one explained here ( SNOW with SSO with Idp Azure Ad ) consumes a S4 on premise SOAP service via and API proxy exposed in SAP APIM. In our case we want to propagate the identity of the SNOW user to SAp S4. I have seen your video and presenation and it is good, but could you please give me more information about the policies you are using in SAP APIM?

From Azure Snow gets a SAML assertion as result of identification and I guesss we have to send this to SAp PIM, interchange there it for other kind of token generated in SAp PAIM and valdated by S4, right? we are using Cloud Connector too.

Can you tell me more information about what are the policies we have to use and how?please

Thanks

Jorge