Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akmal1216
Employee
Employee
Hello all,

Recently we discussed with one of friend about  ABAP CRUD operations on dynamic tables. The idea is the following, there should be one report to enable user to insert table name (any table name exists in the system ) and report should do the CRUD operation accordingly.

Disclaimer: Report shouldn't be used in production system and it can't be used with tables under SAP namespace.

For this purpose, I developed the below report with following selection screen:

As it can be seen, there are two processing blogs:

• First, input the table name and user can download table structure, view recodrs in ALV format or download the table records into Excel file.

• Second, it is more about creating, updating and deleting the table records from Excel file.

Here is the Excel file format:

Table Name Column 1 Column 2 Column 3

and here is how user can fill it properly:

ZFILE_TEST NAME City Street
 ZFILE_TEST  Sherlock Holmes  London Baker street 

Below I am sharing the GitHub link for complete logic overview, I hope you will find it interesting.

In case any improvements or feedback, feel free to share your thoughts.

GitHub link:

CRUD operations on dynamic table

2 Comments
avikjuoss
Participant
Good Job, this can be handy in Conversion /FUT/SIT  phase in non PROD environment/! Please incorporate a validation check to exclude SAP namespace from this report for standard tables.
akmal1216
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos
Thank you for the feedback
Labels in this area