Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Narasimha
Active Contributor
The blog post aims to evaluate the Monitor material coverage app features WRT  classical tools MD04 and MD07 with use cases.

Please go through the previous blog for other use cases while comparing MD04-MD07- Monitor Material coverage app

Use Case 3: Material type – Raw material, Initial stock -0, No supply elements, Future demand exits.

Let us create future demand (Say tomorrow) by creating a manual reservation -MB21

Use Case 4 : Material type – Raw material, Initial stock -200, No supply elements, Future demand exits and surplus situation.

The above screens show the surplus situation in MD04, MD07, and Green bars in the Material coverage app.

Let us add future demand.

There are many blog posts on features of the Monitor material coverage app. I will not repeat them, however, will put a few screenshots to cover a few important features.

When you access Manage materials, you will get into the monitor coverage app, which looks like the one below.

The stock requirement list in Fiori would look like below when MRP is run

You can see that you can easily edit PO date and other options.

Conclusion: Material coverage and monitor material apps are very useful apps which add value to existing MD07 transaction.

Do give feedback on any other important features I may have missed comparing these objects.

29 Comments
Thanks for the blog.The PO option- "requested-waiting for answer-" does it change S/R date ?.
Simple explanation
Thanks.MD04 in Fiori is looking much simpler
Narasimha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks Chandra
Narasimha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks Hasan
Narasimha
Active Contributor
No Girija.
former_member811373
Participant
As always, very useful. I liked your way of testing it with manual reservation.
Good one. For PO 3 radio buttons, is there any report which says , which are the pOs where ate changed/ requested-waiting for answer /request later ? This report would be very helpful for procurement team
former_member807425
Participant
Running MRP every now and then, somehow doesn't look practical in live environment
former_member43157
Participant
Does this solve MD06 issue ? Looks like revoke acceptance shortage can do some trick
That is a very good point.
Narasimha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
No. This works on MD07  (live data) , revoke acceptance - I am still testing. will come out with its features
Narasimha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Although, I have implemented in 2 sites, users are still hesitant to use this feature.
Narasimha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Not explored Sahil
Narasimha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks Deepa
Another quality document. Keep posting
former_member820002
Participant
Good one. What do you mean by MD04=-MD07- Monitor Material coverage app?
Can you explain new features for Manufactured materials just like you id for Raw materials?
I think It is MD04-MD07 (Typo) , but in my opinion, the app is to be compared only with MD07. Md04 is not relevant here.
Yes Deepa, even I liked it. I don't have to wait for SD/MM/PP guys to give me demand to complete my demo to user. Super cool way of demo.
former_member807425
Participant
We need to check if we run MRP and create PR-convert to PO and rerun MRP. Will it create another dependent requirement?
Yes, but only one issue is how it shows exceptions (I know how it shows schedule in and out)
Narasimha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Will do Hasan.
Narasimha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I am not sure, if it shows all error messages in the Fiori
Narasimha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks Chavi
Narasimha
Active Contributor
Yes It is mistake.  I used MD04 because, in Fiori S/R list shows different layout
former_member811987
Participant
0 Kudos
Good questions
former_member811987
Participant
There are many Monitor material coverage apps. Which one should be used for which scenarios?
0 Kudos
I believe some are for MTO and some are for MTS
Labels in this area