Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JK
Contributor

This Blog describes how it is possible to add custom fields to standard migration objects or even create new migration objects.

Description and Screenshots are created with S/4HANA 1610 FPS2. Some options might not be available before and there will be more features available in 1709.

Be aware the Migration Cockpit and Object Modeler are new Solutions, so at some points there are still bugs and there will be a lot of additional features in the future.

before starting LTMOM, you have to create a migration project using /NLTMC

Link to getting started with the S/4HANA migration cockpit (onpremise) 

Update 6.7.2017: Click-Demo/Training of LTMOM

https://cp.hana.ondemand.com/dps/d/preview/76a9ec56a9eb6138e10000000a44147b/1610%20001/en-US/ab24255...

Update 13.3.2018: Working with Staging Tables see Blog https://blogs.sap.com/2018/03/13/working-with-staging-tables-in-s4hana-migration-cockpit-onpremise/

SAP Notes

Check CA-GTF-MIG / SV-CLD-MIG for predefined content problem, check CA-LT-MC for tools problem.

(use expert search https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/mynotes?tab=Search)

Start Migration Object Modeler

Call Transaction code /NLTMOM

Select the Migration Object from the value-list (F4)

in most of the cases, it is the easiest solution to use an existing Migration Object and just add some Fields to an existing Source Structure. But it is also possible to create new Migration Objects or Source Structures.

Create a new Migration Object

To Create a new Migration Object select 'create Migration Object' from the Menu.

you can eater copy from an existing SAP Migration Object/Template or create a user defined Migration object.

User-defined Migration Object

give an Object id(No Z_ required, example MYOBJ) and description. Currently only the option Migration from File by calling Function Module is supported. (see Outlook)

Enter the Name of the Function Module (Example BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEREPLICA)

Parameter for the Return is the Table-Parameter which contains the BAPIRET2-Error Messages (see /NSE37)

Parameter for Simulation see Function Module Description, usually there is an option like TESTRUN, where 'X' means no Update.

Define Source Structure / Add Fields to Source/Excel Spreadsheet

in the Section 'Source Structure' it is possible to add new Fields to existing structure and add new Structures.

choose 'Add Field' to add fields at the end of the structure. choose 'insert Field' to insert the field at the cursor position.

add new Source Structures (Optional)

in future it will be possible to choose the Structure Definition from DDIC or Remote Databases:

Foreign Key Relationship: You can maintain foreign Keys for Keyfields like MATNR or KUNNR. (See also Standard Objects Assignment)

for example, i want to add custom fields to the Material BAPI. The BAPI has an Input Parameter for Customer Fields which matches the Structure BAPIE1PAREX:

Enter Field name, Datatype and Length and Description (Description is shown in generated Excel Template). i usually use CHAR Fields for the Excel/Input Structure and they also can be longer than the target SAP Field.

Press on Button 'Generate Runtime Object'.

next Time you Generate an Excel Template in LTMC, you will also see the new fields.

Target Structure

currently this comes from the assigned Function Module so there is nothing to be changed here.

Structure Mapping

each target structure you want to use/fill needs to be assigned to at least one source structure (can also be more than one). this is done by drag and drop.

best thing is to look at the standard assignments first.

the assignment triggers the loop, you can only assign fields of an assigned structure in the field mapping.

Field Mapping

when choosing field mapping, the current mapping is displayed.

i usually choose 'more/settings/technical names on'.

there might be complex hierarchies with a lot of structures and fields, so i 'collapse' the target structure first and then drill down to the relevant structure. you can also use the 'search' function to find you target field.

then drag and drop the source field to your target field.

some BAPIs have 'X' Field Structures, where you have to Mark the Used Fields with an 'X':

double click the target field to see the mapping-rule:

here you can select from a list of existing mapping rules, or create a new mapping rule. For each Value-Mapping in LTMC, there is a Rule available:

Create new Mapping Rule

if you click on Create you can create a new Rule:

Define Input/Output Parameters

Create a Default Variant

Create Documentation

Edit Code (ABAP)

Use Mapping Templates:

Troubleshooting

seems to be a bug, but i could not yet find a note for it. Solution: just start LTMOM again

use display generated function group to see the generated ABAP Code:

Error: Different number of parameters in FORM and PERFORM

i did not really see an error as it is a standard MOVE Mapping with a Constant Value. After i changed the Constant to 'X', then ok, then change to 'MYVALUE' again, the error disappeared.

Update Custom-Specific/Additional Fields to BAPIs

you need to add these to the BAPI, see https://help.sap.com/doc/saphelp_ehsext40/4.0/en-US/3e/0e1089c24611d1ad09080009b0fb56/frameset.htm

Additional Ideas

Create a Batchinput Recording, Generate a Function Module and create a Migration Object for this Function Module. (/NSM35)

Example Material Master, Field Commodity Code MARC-STAWN currently not updated by BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEREPLICA. I usually do a Z-Report to save it with function /SAPSLL/API_COMCO_CLS_DISTR, but it should be possible also to create a new migration object for this function module.

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2432527/E

Transport DEV/QAS/PRD

in LTMC there is an option to export and import migration Projects.

Outlook

it looks as it will be possible to create Migration Objects from IDOC and Direct DB Access to Source R/3 System.

81 Comments
former_member183783
Contributor
0 Kudos
Wow..thanks,Jorg...I am the first one to comment on it..

Can you give me some tips on below issue  when executing LTMOM... I checked with the BASIS guy but he also has no idea..

Looks like some configuration or application is required to use LTMOM...

JK
Contributor
0 Kudos
i think there is nothing special to be installed for LTMOM from SAP Basis. Do you have a Migration Project in LTMC?

what sap release/patch are you on? are you using webgui or local sapgui installation?

did you try log in in english? ( i see asian characters in your screenshot ), try in english first.

(webgui can be called from browser with /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?~transaction=LTMOM

(i do not recommend webgui here, but just to find out whats going on)

FrankFinkbohner
Advisor
Advisor
Hi Jörg

starting SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1705 there is a new object (Material - Commodity code) available to  classify products. It is using the new FM /SAPSLL/COMCO_CLS_MIGR_BAPI. Probably not available before 1709 OP.

Best,

Frank

sasi1
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Jorg,

This blog is very helpful. We have followed same process to migrate the data.

Tried to insert  Employee address details (PA20) with custom function module, where we are not getting any errors while uploading the source template.and able to proceed with  Star Transfer

Issue here is , we are not able to see the Simulate step in the road map, only three steps are available for custom migration object. And also data is not migrating in to PA20 transaction through the source template, where as we are able to migrate through Function module.

Can you give some helpful tips on the issue.

Thanks,

Kishore

JK
Contributor
0 Kudos
i think if Simulation is active or not depends on the Settings here: (Parameter for Simulation)

what function are you using? some functions require also a post processing function (like save_adress_data), so a combination of multiple functions

if you set a breakpoint at the beginning of function module, you should be able to see the difference between template and your migrate through function module.

former_member447536
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Dear Joerg,

Thank you very much for this blog, it is very valuable. I tried to follow your instructions.

In the transaction LTMOM I try to extend Material migration object by adding (activating) S_MARA-NORMT field.

I mapped rules

T02_CLIENTDATA-STD_DESCR MOVE (S_MARA-NORMT)

T03_CLIENTDATAX - STD_DESCR SET_X_IF_NOT_INIT (S_MARA-NORMT)

and activated changes.

Then, in Migration Cokpit, when I download template, I can see that the file structure has been adjusted automatically - new field S_MARA-NORMT appears on "Field List" and "Basic data" sheets.

However, when I try to upload data from the migration file (filled with data, of course), I receive message "No data available".

Could you please suggest possible solution?

Thank you,

Monika
JK
Contributor
0 Kudos
hi monica

glad to hear you like this

for me this works as described, your description looks ok to me

what is the field type/lenght of your Field?

sometimes i had problems with fields filled with space instead of 'null' (maybe somewhere in your structure), so when uploading the columns got confused, see also my other blog for LTMC

to find out where the problem comes from:

download a new template, enter values (only one line) material number, language key, text, industry sector, material type, material group, base unit of measure and your NORMT Field while you always go to next column with Tab (no copy paste of ranges etc)

if you upload this it should work

adarsha_yellenki
Explorer
Hi Jorg,

We are facing issue while enhancing the Migration of Vendors object using LTMOM with S/4HANA 1610 package 2, by adding new structure for VAT at source structure, fields added are Country and VAT registration number and mapped structures.

In target structure _R_IT_SUP_GENERAL_VAT-CVI field, assigned rule using defined SET_RUN_ID for increment. after creating rule, tried generate the Object, which is ending with 3 errors as below

checked the FM ‘/1LT/LM16300000000000157FI4’ which has error at Perform statement _RULE_SET_RUN_ID_S has only with 4 parameters passed with missing returning parameter.

tried edit and add the returning parameter at 5191 in above FM is removing the syntax error, but actual object is giving error, hence we are not able to upload data using LTMC for Vendors.

Could you please help us in finding, why Generate Runtime Object is replacing the code without Exporting parameter as RUN_ID at perform statment in above FM.

Regards,

Adarsha Yellenki
JK
Contributor
0 Kudos
SAP has started to deliver correction for LTMC and LTMOM

Komponente CA-LT-MC

(expert search https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/mynotes?tab=Search)

maybe this one helps:

2453118           2          S/4 HANA OP 1610 FPS02 - Creation of Rules within LTMOM fails

other interesting notes:

2376533 - Migration Cockpit & SLT on S/4 HANA On-Premise Edition 1610

2486472 - S/4HANA 1610 FPS02 - Syntax error during generation of runtime modules

2498738   Migration - RABAX_STATE Termination in Migration Cockpit

2489225 - How to handle same data from different clients in the migration object

2487822 - How to manually activate a migration object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorg

Firstly many thanks for this blog, it is really helpful.

So I tried getting my hands dirty on using this new tool. I didn’t see any out of the box template for GL Account creation, so started with it as it’s one of the simplest conversion object. I used function module GL_ACCT_MASTER_SAVE. Went through my learning curve, got stuck with hardcoding fixed values, read through the comments and learned that it’s a bug. Then implemented the relevant note and tried to generate the runtime object again.

I am getting a new kind of error now –

Would you know why this would be happening ?

Thanks

Nitish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured out the error, it was due to not defining the foreign keys.

Now struggling to generate a view of the source structure as I cannot download the template from LTMC.

Thanks

Nitish
JK
Contributor
0 Kudos
thats great, i like your approach. what is the problem when downloading template?
nihad_catak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jörg,

thank you for the blog. It’s great!

The ‘new’ LTMOM with FPS2 is great and after all the corrections it’s working fine.

The only problem is that the LTMC is not working with own objects and it is not giving me any errors when migrating own objects.

Same problem as Monica described in her post – ‘No data available’.

But my main question is: can I use transaction MWB instead of LTMC?

To me, MWB looks more detailed and is a combnation of LTMOM and LTMC.

When I download the tepmplate file via MWB, edit the file with my data and go through the migration steps, it works.

Can you please help.

Thanks

Nihad

Former Member
0 Kudos
I get the following error when I try to download the template using LTMC -

Despite having generated "Customer 1" View in LTMOM. Don't know if its a system thing or I am missing something.
jeff_yong3
Explorer
0 Kudos
The transport option is not found in LTMC, any settings required?

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Jeff

The option to import/export is available in 1610 FPS02. You seem to be on a previous 1610 stack. Once you upgrade, you will have the option on the same screen as follows -

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Jorg,

I'm creating a custom LTMOM object to create Sales Contracts using BAPI_CONTRACT_CREATEFROMDATA . I have mapped the 3 main structures (Header, Item, and Partners) and the FM is generated successfully:

My issue is when I run the object via LTMC, the FM does not seem to get called.  I have put break points in the generated FM as well as the BAPI, and none of the breakpoints are hit.  I do not get any messaging in LTMC:

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

C.Curtis

Former Member
0 Kudos
Just a question, not sure if this is the correct blog, there is any standard object for Chart of Account upload?
0 Kudos

Hi Diego

No, there isn't one.

Thanks

Nitish
Former Member
0 Kudos
Thanks, we will use LSMW as in the past
Former Member
Hi Christopher.

I had the same issue and my best guess at the moment is that there are some issues within LTMOM when creating a new object from scratch.

One problem you might have noticed was a missing function when you generate (there should be at least four):

• SS4ACS (this one was missing)

• SS4IL

• SS4OLC

• SS4OLO

To get the missing function I had to manual update tables in the background for given MO:

• Table DMC_COBJ field SOURCE = M

• Table DMC_CNTN field READING_TYPE = 6

• Table DMC_MT_TABLES field TABCLASS = TRANSP

Afterwards regenerate the function group. And try again via LTMC.

Also keep an eye out for messages in the application log SLG1. I've found messages there that are not in LTMC web site.

I hope that helps.
Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos
Thanks  Jorg.
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Juergen,

Thank you very much for the information.  I did notice that the ...SS4ACS include program/function was missing in the generated code. In searching for information on LTMC/LTMOM - I had found info regarding tables DMC_COBJ and DMC_MT_TABLES and had made those updates to the entries.  I did not know about DMC_CNTN - and now that I've updated that info - it seems to have worked!! Thanks you very much.....appreciate the help.

One thing I will mention - is after re-generating the function group, be sure to exit out completely of LTMC....then call LTMC again to ensure you are accessing the latest version.

Thanks again for the help.  🙂

Chris Curtis
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi all, I have another question, we try to create a BP as vendor and also as customer, for this scenario we use external number, the verdor is created and the BP, but when we tried to create the customer, the message displayed is the BP A000000003 already exist, the idea of this proyecto is to create the BP with the customer and vendor role, Does anybody knows how to proceed?
sasi1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jorg,

I’m creating a custom LTMOM object to create Asset Master using BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE1 . I have mapped the main structures (Header, Item, and its fieldds) and the FM is generated successfully:

issue here when we run the object via LTMC, the FM does not seem to get called.  I have put break points in the generated FM as well as the BAPI, and none of the breakpoints are hit.  I do not get any messaging in LTMC:

And also we have an error in migration object Notifications tab that Migration object Z_ASSET_UPLOAD_00T is not assigned to mass transfer 00T, though it was assigned while creating the project itself.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Kishore

JK
Contributor
0 Kudos
there is a standard migration object for assets which is using BAPI_FIXEDASSET_OVRTAKE_CREATE maybe this helps you?
0 Kudos

Hi Diego

The standard objects first creates a BP then adds relevant BP roles and then adds customer sales area and company code details. Since in your case the BP is already created, the system is giving an error. You can create a custom object by copying the standard customer object and remove the BP creation blocks in the used function module(RFC_CVI_EI_INBOUND_MAIN). Also ensure that you add a column for the BP number in your source gathering template and supply the BP number which got created with vendor creation. Also ensure that your program add's the relevant roles to BP when creating customer master.

Thanks

Nitish
delonndlovu
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello jrg.knaus

I have created an custom object using LTMOM (Migration Cockpit Modeller) for Projects. I am using Bapi BAPI_PROJECTDEF_CREATE.

I have done all the required mapping on the Modeller, but when activate the object on LTMC (Migration Cockpit) it goes through all the steps but when I click finish on the final step. It goes back to the object initial page with status Not started (Active).

Am I missing something?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

There is a size limit on the XML File? we are trying to upload 45000 vendors and the LTMC said that Wrong File type or file to big (the file type is OK, I download the template before upload)

Thanks

Diego
0 Kudos
Hi Monika,

I am facing the same problem.

Could you solve it?

Thank you,

Federica
Former Member
0 Kudos

Another question, someone knows if the is a way to download a DELTA XLM file I'd looing into the options and didn't saw it
ad0lf008
Newcomer
0 Kudos
Good Afternoon jrg.knaus:

Actually I´m having a problem with the transaction LTMOM in our SAP 1610 SP2.

I was trying to add a new field to the template of customers (field FDGRV) but I can´t see the Source Structure:

Any advice?

Regards
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Juergen.

When manually updating the fields in background, you mean when generating the function group? or editing the tables content in SE16N + sap_edit?

I tried the second option and didn't work.

Thanks in advance!

Regads,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Adarsha.

Any of the Notes above fixed your issue?

I'm facing the your same scenario, applied note 2453118 but the code doesn't seem to compile.

Thanks in advance.

Sergio
0 Kudos
Good Morning jrg.knaus:

How can I cancel a File with status “started (in process)”? It waste too much time,and I can not upload the next one.

Thanks,

Ce
former_member386172
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi,

I have received error msg "Maintain data path for the relationship of structure R_POSTEDVALUES" when I trying to save after structure mapping for Fixed Asset.

Also how to change the Access Type from 'READ TABLE' to 'LOOP AT TABLE'?

former_member524247
Discoverer
0 Kudos
hi. is it possible to use Function modules which require initialize and commit?
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi dear,

do you know if SAP released an OSS NOTE to avoid the procedure of juergen.sattler

"To get the missing function I had to manual update tables in the background for given MO:

• Table DMC_COBJ field SOURCE = M

• Table DMC_CNTN field READING_TYPE = 6

• Table DMC_MT_TABLES field TABCLASS = TRANSP"

Anyway it works!!

Thank you in advance.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to integrate the customer master in ECC to S/4 HANA wherein ECC is the source of customer master data. In S/4 HANA, does it have any download functionality like the transaction R3AR2/R3AR4/R3AR3 using object CUSTOMER_MAIN in SAP CRM to PULL the customer master data in ECC? Or is there any existing IDoc ALEs/BAPIs that can be used to PUSH the customer master data from ECC to S/4 HANA or vise versa?

What process would you suggest to establish the integration of customer master:

A) working in S/4HANA to pull the data from ECC or

B) working in ECC to push the data to S/4HANA.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Hope you can enlighten us on this matter.

Thank you so much!

Regards,

Mike

JK
Contributor
0 Kudos
There will be a functionality for LTMC, which allows instead of file uploads a transfer from r/3 to s/4 by rfc. it was anounced for 1709 and I expect this to be available with FPS1 in Q1/2018, at the moment you can request the functionality for betatest together with sap consulting (try oss message?).

for LTMC so far there are to options before this feature is available:

a) download data from an abap report

you can use the structure definitions from the top include of the generated functions and use move-corresponding

FUNCTION-POOL /1LT/SIDCLNT00000000XXX.

*--- source types ---*
TYPES: BEGIN OF _TS_IO_S_MARA ,
MATNR(000080) TYPE C,
SPRAS(000080) TYPE C,
MAKTX(000040) TYPE C,
MBRSH(000080) TYPE C,
MTART(000080) TYPE C,
GROUP(000080) TYPE C,
XCHPF(000001) TYPE C,

b) you use SQL to select from source database and insert into excel (sql can insert data into the excel)

c) copy paste (value only to keep the xml structure of the excel)

regards

joerg

former_member534411
Participant
0 Kudos
Dear All,

Can you please provide me SAP Course Details for S/4 Hana Migration Cockpit.

Thanks

Suresh
0 Kudos
Hi,

Have you been able to generate the GL Account Upload, I've created a upload based on FM

GL_ACCT_MASTER_SAVE, but once I'm trying to upload my new GL accounts, I'm getting an error (see screenshot) - Import to table SKA1 not possible.

I've checked out OSS Note:

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/1464666

But that doesn't make much sense. Does that mean I have to load the GL Account General data first, prior to loading the Company Code data?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sandra
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi all,

If i had create a account group z001 , and i can use migration to create customer bp number , and my fi customer assignment is also z001 , but in the field display in bp rule it still show FLCU01 Customer not z001 . Is there any way that i can make the field show z001 not FLCU01 Customer?

Best Regards.

Galen
Former Member
0 Kudos
jrg.knaus nxz1991

Hi!

Trying to solve same problem for GL accounts Master. I was able to download template, but I faced with an issue that I don`t get any result when trying to load my data through LTMC.

Is it enough to use @"move" rule in fields mapping? (created by simple drag and drop)

Thanks,

Alexey
Former Member
0 Kudos
If you're having the same issues we're having, you're probably still running the fixed asset load.

RE performance issues please check :-

2554160 - SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit: Fixed Asset : Less performance during simulation run
0 Kudos
Thanks a lot for the information !
liying_khoo
Discoverer
0 Kudos
I am facing the same problem for the GL account master data creation too where I am able to download template but I don't get any result when upload my data through LTMC.

Any Solutions?

Thanks.
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hello jrg.knaus

Very interesting blog.

Is there any documentation that details which Migration Objects are currently delivered within S/4HANA Migration Cockpit for the latest On Premise and cloud versions?

Thanks

JK
Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos
Thank you.

What's the difference between between the 2 lists - Migration Objects and Objects in 1709.

Is the Objects in 1709 in the latest release and the previous list in the older release?

Are all the Objects in 1709 list also available in the cloud?

Thanks

Labels in this area