Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lingaiahvanam
Active Contributor

Classical MRP:

The main function of material requirements planning is to guarantee material availability, that is, it is used to procure or produce the required quantities on time both for internal purposes and for sales and distribution. This process involves the monitoring of stocks and, in particular, the automatic creation of procurement proposals for purchasing and production.

In doing so, MRP tries to strike the best balance possible between

• optimizing the service level and

• minimizing costs and capital lockup.

The automatic planning run in MRP determines any shortages and creates the appropriate procurement elements. The system generates messages for critical parts and unusual situations so that you can rework the planning results in a specific area with problems.

MRP Live:

Using MRP Live, you can benefit from improved performance and execute the planning run in much shorter cycles. This means that you can execute several planning runs daily providing the MRP controller with the following benefits, for example:

• More up-to-date supply and demand information on which to base decisions.

• Faster reaction to demand changes reduces the risk of stock-outs and means that you can reduce safety stocks.

• Match demand and supply more efficiently than was previously possible.

• Identify and react to issues faster than was previously possible.

The report MRP Live (with the technical name PPH_MRP_DISPATCHER) is a copy of the report RMMRP000 and provides the following options for carrying out the planning run:

• MRP Live (transaction MD01N) calls MRP on HANA

• MRP Live (transaction MD01N) calls classic MRP

Planning selection MRP Live and Classical MRP

During the planning run, the system plans the materials according to the sequence determined by the low-level codes that are defined in the bill of materials. That is, for the first low-level code (0), the system determines which materials can be included in MRP Live on HANA and plans these first. In a second step, the system determines the materials with the same low-level code that could not be planned in MRP Live on HANA and then automatically plans these materials using classic MRP. Included in this second step are also the materials that were planned in MRP Live on HANA but for which an error occurred. Both the planning in MRP Live on HANA and classic MRP has to be completed for one low-level code before the system commences the planning of the next low-level code (1).

That is, during the planning process, the system divides the materials into groups:

• Materials that can be planned using MRP Live on HANA

• Materials that still have to be planned in classic MRP because:

• They require a planning feature that is not yet supported by MRP Live.

• You have set the Plan in Classic MRP indicator in transaction md_mrp_force_classic. In this report, the system displays all materials with active MRP views in the material master and you can define that the planning run is to be executed using classic MRP for individual materials. You should check which materials require the processing of a BAdI during the MRP run and always set this indicator for these materials.

• Materials that cannot be planned in either MRP Live on HANA or in classic MRP because of inconsistent master data, for example. The system creates exception MRP lists for such materials that cannot be planned.

Parameters Differences

Additional References:

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2268085

Best Regards,

Lingaiah
21 Comments
0 Kudos
Thank you for sharing the information Lingaiah.
lingaiahvanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thank you, Rajat for your message.
former_member649284
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks for sharing the information. It's really helpful.
former_member288834
Participant
0 Kudos
Nice blog.
former_member603259
Participant
0 Kudos
Good blog thanks for sharing.
0 Kudos
Excellent and very Informative.
former_member655912
Participant
0 Kudos
Good one.
former_member657743
Participant
0 Kudos
Nice blog Lingaiah
former_member350108
Participant
0 Kudos
Nice blog Lingaiah!
lingaiahvanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thank you Chandramouli!
lingaiahvanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thank you Ravinder!
lingaiahvanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thank you Prathima!
lingaiahvanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thank you Suresh!
lingaiahvanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thank you Varesh!
lingaiahvanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thank you Vijay!
former_member677517
Discoverer
Hi,

I am executing MRP Live in 1909 sandbox system and for one FG it is not exploding the BOM and generating any requirement for the component. It is not generating Schedule lines for the Raw Materials.But when I am executing the MD02 tcode , it is exploding the BOM and generating the schedule lines.Can you please suggest.
lingaiahvanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suprit,

Check MD21 planning file entry for components, if not create planning file entry in MD20 and then run MD01N planning run with regenerative planning mode.

After planning run check the results and let me know if you still have any issues.

Best Regards,

Lingiaah

0 Kudos
noted

jai1231
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Lingaiah sir.,

Good Afternoon

Thanks for your blogs about MRP,

Please let me know, is there any limitations for MRP Types of VB, PD, and LOT-Size: FX

If I am trying to use MRP Type VB, PD with FX lot-size, and those working at T code: MD01N, But same time those not working at Monitor Coverage (Fiori(1909))

My business scenario is Lot-size: FX and Fixed Lot Size:1250. So, suggest to me which MRP Type can I use? and Provide If the configuration.

Thanks

Jay
P2003523347
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks for sharing such nice blog, Please keep sharing such nice blogs.

Thank you

Sunil Patil
eduardo_vargas
Explorer

Until which year SAP will support MRP classic?

Labels in this area