Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dinesh_kumar45
Participant
Motivation:-

In this blog you will learn how to display data in SAP Build Apps web application from SAP ODATA Service.

Overview:- The SAP Build apps low code/no code solutions which enable users of all skill levels to easily create the business applications. This approach help users to create applications and automate the  processes, Developer can use the drag-and-drop functionality and create the application.

Business Scenario:- Here I am going to show you, How S4 OData consumed to Build apps in tubular format.

Welcome Page

Click on Create button and click on Build an Application

Builds app

Click on Web & Mobile Application

Web and Mobile app

Give the Project Name & Project Description and Click on Create button

Project Name and Description

Design view, As we can see all the tool in the CORE tab but Table we can not find here so we need to go in INSTALLED Tab.

Design view

In Installed tab search for Table as given below.

Installed Tab

Click on Table and you will get option for install the Table in UICANVAS.

Install Table

After Installed Table you will get table in Installed Tab.

Added Table in Installed Tab

Drag Table to Page Layout

Drag Table to Page Layout

Before Mapping data from S4 to Build apps , We need to create Destination in the BTP cockpit under Connectivity and give the required details of S4 system , ODATA URI and Additional Properties as given below.

BTP Destination

Connection Test

Connection Test

Click on Auth Tab in UI Canvas

Auth Tab

Click on Enable Authentication Button

Enable Authentication

Click on Enable BTP authentication.

SAP BTP Authentication

Click on Save button.

BTP authentication Page

Now go to Data Tab and click on Add Integration

Add Integration

Add BTP Destination

You will get your created BTP destination as below.

Get Destination

After select the destination, you will get ODATA Set and click on Install Integration

Installed Integration

Click on Enable Data Entity.

Enable Data Entity

Save the Integration.

Save Integration

Click on UI Canvas and Select the table, in Right side click on Configure button under Table resource.

Go to UI Canvas

Select ODATA Set

Select ODATA Set

Here you can see the fields from ODATA and in Display Name you can give your desire column heading name.After that click on Save and exit and click on Save button on top right.

Showing fields from ODATA

Click on Launch Tab and click on Open Preview portal.

Launch Tab for Preview portal

Click on Open web preview

Open web preview

Select your project which you want to see the output.

Select your Project

Final output as below data is coming from S4 and displaying in Build apps.

Final Output

In conclusion, integrating S/4 HANA using BTP destinations and SAP Build apps can provide businesses with a powerful solution to streamline their processes and improve their customer experience. By using BTP destinations to connect the multiple systems and SAP Build apps to create custom applications, businesses can read real-time data from S/4 HANA and display.

Once you get more familiar with the SAP Build apps then it will be easier to build scenario and play around. Try to different some more integration scenarios.

Hope this blog may help you in your use cases. Please do like follow and comment if you have an any query on this topic.
24 Comments
hans_raj30
Explorer
Hi Dinesh Kumar,

First of all, it's a very brief technical understanding on SAP Build apps and its very useful care you have shown here. it will really be helpful for many SAP consultants. Keep it the good SAP blog post again thanks for sharing knowledge.

Thanks,

Hans Raj
dinesh_kumar45
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks Hans Raj , Glad to know you liked this blog.

Thanks

Dinesh Kumar
Hi Dinesh,

Its very useful blog on SAP Build apps, Thanks for sharing and keep it the good post.

Thanks

Priti
PierreCol
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Great tutorial Dinesh, thank you! 👍🏻
dinesh_kumar45
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks Priti
dinesh_kumar45
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you very much pierre.col. It means a lot for me.
vedika11
Explorer
Great article! step-by-step guide is easy to follow for all those who might be new to this ODATA integration. Thanks for troubleshooting tips.

Thanks for sharing!

sanjay109
0 Kudos
Hi Dinesh sir,

This will be very helpful for everyone, very well described.
Keep up the good work.
singhsahab811
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi,

Thanks for detailed and informative blog post on SAP Build apps with ODATA integration.

Thanks & Regards

Tushar Rajput
rahul_sinha10
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Dinesh

This is very usefull detailed blog. Thanks.

Rahul Sinha
dinesh_kumar45
Participant
Thanks Vedika
dinesh_kumar45
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks sanjay109
dinesh_kumar45
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks Tushar Rajput
dinesh_kumar45
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks Rahul
shantanusharma
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Dinesh

Thank you for the useful blog. I used it to list sales orders from my S/4 system in the table component. It didn't work initially even though the API returned data in Postman. I then added pagination parameters to restrict the number of records.

Data adapter properties

Pagination setting

Once I restricted the number of records, the app worked properly. Do you know why this is so?
dinesh_kumar45
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi shantanusharma ,

Glad to know you liked my blog.

Coming to your question No, Pagination property is not dependent on API output. Even I did not give any pagination property and it is displaying all the ODATA API data. I think you need to check you binding again.

Pagination Property

Thanks

Dinesh Kumar

shantanusharma
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dinesh

I too don't think it should have an impact but I get no data when the parameter isn't set. I am using the API_SALES_ORDER_SRV/A_SalesOrder from the Sales Order (A2X) API package for SAP S/4HANA. You have created an OData service in S/4 that you have used in the blog. What is the volume of data in the table in S/4? I have a large number of records in the sales order header table at my end, so this could be why I need to set the pagination parameter. I am not required to set pagination in Postman so I think Build Apps might be imposing it in order to prevent an inordinately large data fetch.

Why don't you try it with  API_SALES_ORDER_SRV/A_SalesOrder? Details in the SAP Business Accelerator can be found here: https://api.sap.com/api/OP_API_SALES_ORDER_SRV_0001/resource/Sales_Order_Header

dinesh_kumar45
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Shantanu Sharma,

I tried for pagination but it seems property is not working after done the setting in SAP Build apps but I am looking into this and get back to you soon.

Thanks

Dinesh Kumar
danishsap2

Hello Dinesh,

I gone through many links and study material about this topic, But I found your blog more helpful to understand the concept how you explained. I can say, yes your explanation can make more and more clear only within 4 minutes. Thank you for sharing your knowledge, keep it up.

Regards

Danish

dinesh_kumar45
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks Danish
Jeeva
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Dinesh,

Thank you for the useful blog. It was really helpful and with the steps mentioned above I was able to display data in tabular format.

I have a requirement where I have to add an additional column to this table. Is it possible to add additional column to these table. If possible, can you guide me how to add additional column.

Thanks & Regards,

Jeeva S
ayushpattnaik
Participant
0 Kudos
I didn't like this table. It is an infinite scrolling table. I think the table could have been better if we had a custom no. of results per page table with next and previous page buttons. I was able to implement the desired kind of table using the native Row and cells with pagination implemented from this blog by murali.shanmugham
Summitt12
Participant
0 Kudos

Great blog

We followed the blog but not able to add filter and URL parameter 

Also posted here

https://community.sap.com/t5/sap-builders-discussions/build-apps-basic-tbale-with-data-adapter-page-...

Has anyone been able to achieve filteration and url parameter in S4 API in Build Apps ?

Cheers

shivam123ortan
Participant
0 Kudos

Great blog, 

Helped me to configure Odata to Build Apps.

I'm facing a problem in changing date format in basic table. How can I do modifications of certain fields of the table?

Screenshot 2024-04-09 115032.png

Thankyou 🙂

Labels in this area