Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

General Behaviour

As you are all aware, any condition type that is not checked for Statistical check box in pricing procedure will add to the net value and post the value in FI.  On the other hand,  if it is checked, it will not post the value in FI and also it will not add to net value in the sale order / billing.

Requirement need to be addressed

Now imagine, a requirement came to you as follows:-

A particular condition type should not add to net value in sale order / billing but should post to FI.  I have come across people who immediately say it is not possible even with user exit.  But, IT IS POSSIBLE via standard configuration itself.

Solution

Go to V/06, select that condition type and execute.  There, select the below tab and check the box for “Accruals”.

In your Pricing Procedure, don’t check the box for “Statistical” against this condition type BUT, have different Account Keys assigned at the last two columns viz.Account Key and Accruals.  Finally, in VKOA, assign the required G/L Account in the last two columns for both the Account Keys.

Now try to create a sale order and billing and check the FI posting.

G. Lakshmipathi

46 Comments
former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sir thansk for posting

Naren K

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Useful post, but I think the sentence 'don’t check the box for “Statistical”' is incorrect. If you do not mark it as statistical, it will influence the net value of an item, wheras marking the condition as statistical in pricing procedure allows posting of accruals without influence of the accrual amount on the item net value.

Regards,

Marcin

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No it will not influence on the net value which I have tested it.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Simple but very effective tip for consultants.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your compliments.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member211556
Active Participant

Have already used this option but Good to get to know that this is a right approach from the post.

Scenario : Freight is calculated but not charged to the customer. Yet it should be tracked by the business and captured in FI. So we implemented the same logic and got it done.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vasanth,

Thanks for the business example!

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

Your blog is structured (e.g. with sections) this makes it easy to understand.

In my opinion, a (few) business examples would have made the blog more beneficial to the readers.

Members have asked for tips to write "functional specification documents", I would suggest them to read your blog to get some idea on how to structure material.

Thank you for this blog!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshimipathi  SIR

this is simply super bz it is so helpful to others

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

this kind of tips boost subject concentration for beginners and professionals. how we have to keen in terms client requirements and solution. Thanking you for your tips and future support also.

warm regards,

Jagadeesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your compliments.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the example. I have used the condition type as accruals assgined the account key for "Accruals".

I have a doubt. Is it mandatory to assign account key for "Account Key"

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not necessary.  But do a test scenario, take the concurrence from finance people on the postings and then move the request to production.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I tried.. if I am not assigning any account key.. then it doesnt post to the accrual account or then I get an error saying Item category 02000 is missing (obligatory in accounting transaction 0200/0001)

coz it doesnt find any line item to be posted.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is only possible for accrual entries as per my testing. You have to assign accrual G/L for posting otherwise system will not allow. If there is some other way please share.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmipathi,

I have similar requirement for my client, but here the scenario is posting the cost to deferred G/L, (Revenue  Recognition is active), But encountered below error:

Balance in transaction currency

Message no. F5702

Diagnosis

A balance has occurred in transaction currency 'USD' with the following
details:

Exchange rate '00', amount '           334.80' and currency key 'USD'.

The data in the transaction currency were transferred from the calling
application.

System Response

Your data cannot be processed in FI.

Procedure

The error is probably in the calling application.

Any suggestion will be very helpful

Thanks

utpal

Former Member

Hi,

Add one  business senario: for some export business, we need pay VAT tax of sales order first , then refund from government after get approval,  so this tax should not be charged to customer (not cumulated into net price) but need be posted into FI for tax refund usage...

With best regrds

Jian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmapati,

This is very very useful.

This can be of great use for VAT purpose for export to EU from czech republic.

Regards,

Himanshu

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a similar request. Can you share how did you achieve it. Was the condition type a tax condition type ?

I am having trouble as the tax conditions does not behave as desired with the accruals settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sir for posting such informative document...congrats... :smile:

Kind Regards,

Pankaj

rajendra_prasad17
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you. this is nice...!

obrarajesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Llakshmipathi.ganesan ,

It is very informative

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot its very use full.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you... good information..

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir,

Thank you for sharing

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u ,,,,,,lakshmipathi.ganesan for sharing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Lakshmipathi

I am trying to obtain the same result but the problem is that in my accounting document the same amount is posted both for credit and for debit, so the final amount is 0. I did the following:

- marked the Accruals flag in condition type details

- unmarked the Statistical flag for the condition in the pricing procedure definition

- inserted 2 different Account keys for the condition into the pricing procedure

- configured account determination in VKOA to use a specific G/L Account (same g/l account in the last two columns) for the indicated Accrual Account key

Tried different combinations, none worked. Basically, if I can make it just post the debit and not also the credit, it would be fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Cosmin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Very useful post. We had a business scenario where in we wanted to take certain cost components from material costing into the pricing to calculate statistical margins.These conditions were statistical and we needed them to be posted into accounting. We followed the same approach. I believe that the same approach will work in MM Pricing also

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the exact requirement with a pricing procedure and condition type however the statistical indicator is still set on the PO. Any ideas? Basically I would like a pricing condition type to show up on the PO without adding to the material price but it can still be invoiced. The condition type can't be set up as a delivery cost though because reversals don't work correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmipathi

Thanks for the post. Our system is configured the way you mentioned and I found your post as I was trying to understand how we were able to post to FI, though a condition type was showing as statistical in the billing document. However, I saw one difference from what you mentioned in the post.

In our system, though we maintained two different account keys in the pricing procedure, we maintained the entry in VKOA for only one account key. We maintained two different GLs (normal and provisional) for the same account key and there is no entry for the other account key. Is this set up ok?

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all ;

For example : Rebate related conditions ..

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed. It will not affect net value since the condition was setup as accrual in V/06.

Thanks for sharing this tip, Lakshmipathi.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try with two different accounting keys like ERB& ERU .

Update us..

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Useful article for all SD folks.

Thanks

Atul

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please, can you share the result of the posting made into accounting?

I have done similar configuration, but the accounting document posts two lines for the amount related to the condition set as accrual: is this the standard behaviour? Is there any way with customizing to have just one line?

Thanks and best regards,

Andrea

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very Informative.

0 Kudos

very useful posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for this information. This is of great help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi

My Requirement also same as Cosmin.  I followed all your suggested config and noticed accounting doc have entry of debit and credit.  Required  to post only Credit entry. Any suggestions would be greatly

Thank you,

former_member535138
Participant
0 Kudos
Very nice document, I think Its applicable in MM too.

former_member365886
Contributor
0 Kudos
We also Implemented similar things called BAP price(Business affiliated price) condition type which was not charged to customer as in commercial invoice but shown in Excise invoice.But the intricate details of configuration and implication is very nicely depicted in this document by the author.
0 Kudos
Very precise & informative blog. Can anyone please share the VKOA setting & also the accounting entry.

Thanks in advance.
vinodn146
Explorer
0 Kudos

The Blog is very informative. I have similar requirement where I do not need two values in the calculation of net price but needs them to be posted to accounting. But when I try to use above method I have to assign additional accounts where the values gets posted. And doing this I am able to see additional entries. Is there any way so that we can ensure that only one account will get posted for such conditions?
0 Kudos
Dear Lakshmipathi Ganesan,

Thanks for posting such ideas, which can help many people.

We have the same requirement for our client, where surcharge amount should not affect the net value in the Sales Order/Billing document and the amount should post to a GL account. Same GL account amount will add to the existing report.

Steps used:

1)New Account key created

2)Assigned in accrual's column in pricing procedure.

3)Condition type activated for Accrual.

4)Maintained the GL account for both Account keys() in VKOA.

But, after implementing this, GL account is debiting and crediting at the same time. It means it's nullifying the amount.

Please help..
former_member623103
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello lakshmipathi,

Our requirement is that the interest condition type value is included in the base price. I will follow the same procedureas you showed for the interest condition tyoe. But our other requirement is the base price should get deducted by the interest amount and that should be posted to the g/l account. How can i achieve tbat please?
0 Kudos
Hi lakshmipathi Ji,

I have done the said changes working fine but in sale order Tax Value field MWSBP coming value 0.

In Export No Bond sale we assign IGST 18% at the time of IRN we required this tax value from field.

Please provide the solution sir..
Labels in this area