Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
former_member220781
Discoverer

How Status Functionality in SAP helps professionals to control different activities:

• SAP status profile functionality which is basically a workflow enabled functionality
  • Status profile is enabled by assignment to the sales order type (header level) or item category(item level)
  • Every activity will be defined by status number
  • With the help of the status number you determine the sequence in which the user statuses are activated.
  • You can assign lowest and highest number to status number so that particular activity can work within that number
  • you can track all activities performed for particular document based on updated statues
  • it can also be used for reporting purposes.

How to configure status profile in SAP and enable for Sales documents:

1. Define Status Profile:

SPRO--------- Sales and Distribution---------- Sales >Sales documents ---------- Define and Assign Status Profile------------Define Status profile

2.Assignment of Status profile at order type at below path:

SPRO--------- Sales and Distribution---------- Sales >Sales documents ---------- Define and Assign Status Profile------------Assign order type/Status profiles

3.Assignment of Status profile at item category at below path:

SPRO--------- Sales and Distribution---------- Sales >Sales documents ---------- Define and Assign Status Profile----------- Allocate status profile to item categories

4.Set Status controls based on business requirements.

Go to Transaction control screen and enable below functionality

:

5.Enter Authorization code to change the status:

t-code BS02 can be used also

Details about User Status:

Status Number:

It is the number which is assigned per activity and it is unique to every status.

This is the text  which will flow to sales document once it is activated and update as per business activity mentioned in the configuration.

Initial:

whenever sales document is created by default this status will be activated to it.

Lowest Status No:

This will ensure that particular activity will be performed within this lowest number and once that activity is performed this will get deactivated.

Highest Status Number:

all activities will be performed till this number and it will block other activities or status updation having below status number than this.

Position:

it will give you at which place this status can be activated.

Priority:

if several status have same priority then status which has highest priority will have preference.

Step by Step usage of Status in Sales Document  status tab and approval process:

1.Based on initial Status ,order will have status A001 as per configuration

2.Update User exit logic based on business requirement and call function to change the user status and it will change to A002 as pending for approval

3.Use Authorization object to approve or reject, it will again call function to change the status as per maintained in the status profile and after approval it will change to A003

4.Once it is rejected ,it will have status A004 as below:

Conclusion:

• Status profile functionality is useful to track activities in a sequence and create workflow based approval process.
  • Statuses can be used to control and communicate.  Statuses can be used in reporting.
27 Comments
former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Informative

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai

very good document

manzoor_ahmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Its worth document for the junior consultant. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good informative document.

former_member213901
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is nice Document ,can you share us if the Approval need to be Triggered on the Discount % on Different scales.

former_member220781
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will call up when net price falls below your PMIN so as long your net price is greater than PMIN,it will not change status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helpful!

kanishakgupta1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we create a status profile based on division? For every division, diffrent status profile even for same document type at header?

former_member220781
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We can not create status profile based on division,it can be created based on order type and item category level.

nishant12
Participant
0 Kudos

Very Helpful indeed! :smile:

Regards,

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helpful document. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Very good and helpful document.

Thx..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

User can  create delivery or billing  otr not even if status is required for approval.

Regards

Avanish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Helpful document, thank you for sharing!

AmanSharief
Explorer
0 Kudos

Helpful..

former_member187236
Participant
0 Kudos

This is a good doc, it is good for understanding the basic concept for those who are beginners, but not sufficient enough.

I was trying to do the same and there i found many thing which are not explained here, so practically it is incomplete. It should be in detailed when you are posting it.

Can anyone provide the detailed doc of it.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

may be the point Authorization code Functionality is missing here, which assigned at various status in the status profile.

This authorization code is assigned as authorization key in user id---.roles--authorization object--(B_USERSTAT) under  Status Management: Set/Delete User Status.

if the Authorization key is not assigned User cannot Release the order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Parag,

As mentioned by Siva, there are few more things to consider under status profile, where you can have authorization control, having control at the item category level and how you can toggle between different user statuses in one sales order. Below is what I would suggest you to refer.

Release Strategy for Sales Orders - Status Profile

Thanks much.

Regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very helpful document and thank you for sharing......

0 Kudos

Good Info & Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

very good, thank you!

0 Kudos

Hi,

Very helpful document and thx.

Can we make the sales order non-editable affter the status is changed?

Former Member
0 Kudos
How user status works?? It is when we update sales order? This is because user status is in PeCV (Pending Commercial Validation) I need to know how this works ??
former_member409605
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Please help me provide name of User Exist which I can trigger status functionality following on company level. some of comapany code user do not want to use this function, some they want.
faizan_211
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello,

thanks for the information. i want to create status profile for contract document (VA41). i have created same as mentioned in your blog. i also created authorization key through BS52 and assigned it to my status profile but system didn't stop me while saving contract document through VA41 and i am able to create its billing document.

can you please guide me which field i am missing in this process or what should i do for contract document.
nora_svalbard
Explorer
0 Kudos
I tried to recreate this tutorial but it seems that many steps are missing. For example I cannot create a status profile since the authorization code is unknown. But where and how the authorization code is created is not included in the tutorial.
Labels in this area