Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
11 Comments
Former Member
0 Kudos
can u tell me the difference bet ween dep.keys&dep.areas and the use of the sort keys types of sort keys & where we can see the client level master records like customer ,vendor & asset classes.
pandu_bad
Participant
0 Kudos

Nathan, Thanks for detailed explanation

After going through with the detailed, i would like to be bit clear on one thing once the depreciation key is activated after the upgrade, system will stop reffering to old tables or still it continue (since old tables are also present)??

please advise

Thanks

Bose

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The depreciation engine (either old or new) will look at the new tables if the key if active.  If it's inactive, then it will look at the old tables...  which you can no longer access except via a custom ABAP program to update or view at SE16.

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder how this awesome stuff has been ignored by the community!

Thanks,

V V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent!  I found it very helpfull after battling with this issue.

Thank you very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos
Excellent article Nathan. This has helped me to resolve a significant depreciation calculation issue .

Cheers,
Steve
laoula
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your article in your website, it is very helpful. I have an issue with my client in France. Depreciation to the day fonctionnality is active. In the "Posted tab", depreciation calculated per period are not the same due the number of days per month.

My client want depreciation calculated per period have the same amount.

Do you know how I can solve this ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Mourad
NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
They're asking for opposite items.  If it's calculated per day than January and February will have different amounts.  If they want the amounts to not be different, then it won't be based on the day.

@nathangenez
laoula
Explorer
0 Kudos
Dear Nathan,

Thank you for your response.

If "Depreciation to the day" fonctionnality is disabled, do you know how I can determine the start of depreciation with the capitilization date and not at the period start ? I did not find a period control key corresponding in the customizing.

Other question, is it possible to depreciate asset in fiscal year with 12 periods and 30 days in every periods ?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Mourad
NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
If you're not using daily depreciation (which is only a requirement in France, Thailand and some other countries... I blogged about this on our site by the way), then the the start day within a month won't matter.  As an example, July 5, 8, 12, 15, 20, 21, 21, or 30 will all yield a full month of depreciation.  ONLY if you activate daily will you get different amounts in the initial month... but then this also impacts all other months and you won't get an even distribution between the 12 months.  They will bump up and down based on the number of days in that month.

Second question: Yes.  This is the standard way that SAP calculates it.  Assuming that your FYV is based on 12 periods, you'll get a uniform/even distribution between the 12 months regardless of how many days are in that month.  It's just dividing the planned annual amount by the number of periods.
laoula
Explorer
0 Kudos
Dear Nathan,

Thank you for your response. Can you describe how you get a uniform distribution between the 12 months in the fiscal year ?

I tried to define weghting of periods, with 1 weight proportion on 12 periods. But it doesn't make the expected result.

In my case, I have to activate depreciaiton to the day fonctionnality (we are in France), and for an asset acquired 120 000 € on 15.01.2021 (15th january) and useful life 10 years, and we want depreciation planned calculate 500 € in the first period, and 1000 € in the periods 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

Mourad
Labels in this area