Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Monica_Reyes
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Prior to a conversion to SAP S/4HANA it is essential to resolve data inconsistencies in ECC for documents that will be transformed during a System Conversion.  Failure to resolve these inconsistencies may result in unexpected stoppage of the Migration Monitor and in some cases cannot be easily resolved without special intervention by SAP Support.

To identify and fix these inconsistencies while still in the ECC system, we have programs FIN_CORR_RECONCILE and FIN_CORR_DISPLAY that can reconcile accounts and find data inconsistencies.   The program FIN_CORR_MONITOR can analyze the inconsistencies discovered in the last reconciliation run and potentially correct the discovered errors.

This blog post provides tips and advice on how to run these programs

1. Run SE38>FIN_CORR_RECONCILE

Please refer to my blog post System Conversion_ Finance Consistency checks of Transactional Data for more details on FIN_CORR_RECONCILE & FIN_CORR_DISPLAY

1. Run SE38> FIN_CORR_DISPLAY_ISSUE

Results:

This specific error relates to FIN_FB_RECON 592, 593, 594, 595: Clearing specific to ledger groups differs between master data and BSEG/BSEG_ADD

TIP! To find what types of errors are discoverable by the FIN_CORR_RECONCILE analysis check note 2956096 - FIN_CORR_MONITOR: Information on correctable errors

3. Run SE38>FIN_CORR_MONITOR

TIP! You can display the list of errors by message number, company code and fiscal year and by document/line item. You can double click on a row to drill down for more information, such as the package (company code and fiscal year) and the individual line item.

1. Select Correction Mode

TIP! the Correction Mode enables the correction/modification functionality

1. Choose a specific line entry and select “Correct”

1. Select “Simulate” to test the correction process before any irreversible commitments are made

TIP! The corrections will be simulated, and the statistics are written to the log. At this point no changes/corrections will be committed to the database.

7. Select Display Log

1. Select the log to see the details

1. To fix the error in real mode, run again step 3-5 and this time select Update

1. Repeat steps 7-8 to display the log

TIP!  If a correction run includes more than one company code then you will see individual correction logs for each company code.

1. To confirm that the error is being fixed run FIN_CORR_RECONCILE and FIN_CORR_DISPLAY

The original discrepancies should no longer be reported.

In summary, prior to a conversion to SAP S/4HANA it is essential to resolve in ECC data inconsistencies for documents that will be transformed during the System Conversion.

This blog details on how to run programs FIN_CORR_RECONCILE, FIN_CORR_DISPLAY and FIN_CORR_MONITOR and provides tips and advice on their practical use.

Please share your own experiences with this topic in a comment.

Hopefully you found this blog helpful, if so, please click on “Like”.

– Brought to you by the S/4HANA RIG -

8 Comments
0 Kudos
Hi Mónica,

I´m running FIN_CORR_RECONCILE in PRD system for current FY and it is taking a long runtime. My main concern is whether the job is actually doing the work or it will fail.  is it a way to check the progress of the execution before it ends up? since we are in PRD and we have limited time for our work,  I dont want to just wait until it ends up of fails, because if it fails (due to the long runtime or other reason) it would have been a waste of PRD-time´s window.

Looking forward for your advice

KR

Cristian
Monica_Reyes
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Cristian,

Running the program in Production takes time.  You could try to run more parallel jobs by splitting the company code and fiscal year combinations.

I am not aware of any way to check the progress of the execution while job is running. Details can be checked only once jobs are completed.

Hope it helps,

Monica
former_member789596
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Monica,

I am observing an unexpected behavior with FIN_CORR_MONITOR in our Test system. I executed the program in ‘Reconciliation’ mode for a specific set of documents in Company Code 0000 for Fiscal year 2000

The program identified those documents as having inconsistencies and I see that the FIN_CORR_ISSUE table was populated for those and the FIN_CORR_DISPLAY transaction also shows these inconsistent records as expected.

However, when I execute the FIN_CORR_MONITOR program in ‘Monitor’ mode to display the errors for this company code and fiscal year, I do not get any records. Since this is the primary tool for fixing data inconsistencies, we are unable to proceed.

Could you please review and let us know what the issue is or if there is something we're doing incorrectly or Do we need to implement any SAP Notes to fix this issues?

Thanks

Siby
Monica_Reyes
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Siby,

The FIN_CORR_MONITOR cannot resolve all inconsistencies. You can find additional information on note 2956096 – FIN_CORR_MONITOR: Information on correctable errors and/or open an incident to request SAP help. Thx
ikarahan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can I delete/clear a RUN ID Fins Corr results from our system?

Due to a side effect of a note, 900 million incorrect error records occurred in the FIN_CORR_ISSUE table. SAP fixed the problem and we need to delete some results.

Regards,

Monica_Reyes
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Isa,

I will investigate if deleting is an option but why do you need to delete the results? You can rerun the reconciliation programs and generate a new run id  or  exclude the "incorrect" ones from the run ids with problems

Hope this helps!
Monica_Reyes
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Isa,

We do not have any standard tools/reports to delete entries from FIN_CORR_ISSUE table. If needed, you will may have to develop your own report for this.
alicja_z
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Mónica,

when I check results for FIN_CORR_MONITOR I see many documents listed that are already archived. Is it a normal program behaviur that archived documents are checked? It's not possible to run any correction related to archvied documents. Do you have any advise how to hanlde this?

Best regards

Alicja