Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ankit
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Agenda of this blog is as follows: 

• Profit Centre Configuration
  • Create Profit Centre Groups
  • Create Profit Centres

Profit Centre Configuration

The standard Hierarchy is a special type of profit centres group that contains all profit centres belonging to a controlling area and that reflects the organizational structure in Profit Centres Accounting. This is where you check your configuration related to Profit Centres.

Prerequisites:

App used: Manage Your Solution

SAP Business Role Required: SAP_BR_BPC_EXPERT

To validate the configuration of Profit Centre, please follow the below steps:

1. Search for the Manage Your Solution App
  2. Click on Configure Your Solution
  3. Select the Finance application area and the Master and Organizational Data sub area as shown belowProfit center.png
  4. Click on Configure Profit Centre Item
  5. Here you will see Standard Hierarchy ‘YBPH’ is assigned to pre-configured controlling area ‘A000’. 
Note: 
  • Standard Hierarchy ‘YBPH’ is assigned to pre-configured controlling area ‘A000’. If you do not want to use the SAP’s default value, make sure to maintain assignment of the new value in ‘SAP Central Business Configuration > Configuration Activities > Define Profit Centre Standard Hierarchy in Controlling Area’. Reference task Transport Configuration to move the setting to Test and Production System.
  • If you want to rename the Profit Centre Group you can edit the name accordingly.

YBPH.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Create Profit Centre Groups

You can use this app to search for profit centre groups as well as create, display, and edit profit centre groups.

Prerequisites:

App used: Manage Profit Centre Groups

SAP Business Role Required: SAP_BR_DIVISION_ACCOUNTANT

In the Realize Phase, during the setup of your SAP S/4HANA Cloud system, you must create a default profit centre and a default profit centre group in your quality system. Since master data changes are not transported to your production system, you must recreate these objects in your production system before you commence business. You create these master data objects in both systems using the Manage Profit Centres and Manage Profit Centre Groups, respectively.

Note: that you cannot create versions for the standard Hierarchy as a special profit centre group.

So now let us see how to create the Profit Centre Groups for the first time:

1. Go to Manage Profit Centre Group App
  2. Filter with Controlling Area: A000 and Click on Go
  3. For the First time “In SAP’s pre-delivered standard content, a default profit centre standard hierarchy YBPH is already assigned to the controlling area A000. However, the profit centre group YBPH is not delivered since it belongs to the profit centre master data. So you need to create by Clicking on New button
  4. Enter the Name as of your above configuration(Profit Centre Configuration), I have chosen as A you can use YBPH itself and Click on Continuep8.png 
  5. Accordingly, you go ahead creating & adding the Child Groups

How to deal with the existing Profit Centre Group Scenario:

1. Let’s say your standard Hierarchy Node is YBPH
  2. You have created new profit centre groups and those are not available for the selection during profit centre creation 
  3. Reason is Newly created Profit centre group is not created under Standard Hierarchy i.e. YBPH
  4. Let me reproduce above issue mentioned in the step 2 Here I am creating the Profit Centre Group i.e. TestAk which is not under YBPHp1.png
  5. Here I have created Profit Centre and child Profit centre groupp2.png
  6. Now let me go to Manage Profit Centre App and create new profit centre with this Profit centre groupp4.png
  7. So now how to fix this issue, let's continue..
  8. To make the new profit centre group created available for selection, you go ahead and create new child groups under standard delivered Hierarchy node i.e. YBPHp5.png
  9. Select Standard Hierarchy Node YBPH & Click on Edit
  10.  Click o New Child Group, lets add 2 child groups Atest1 & Atest2p6.png

After this creation, I am expecting to see these 2 Profit centre Groups under value selection of Standard Hierarchy Node during Profit centre creation as shown below:p7.png 

Further you can refer the below video for your reference.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Create Profit Centre

App used: Manage Profit Centre 

SAP Business Role Required: SAP_BR_DIVISION_ACCOUNTANT

Use this app to search for, create, view, and edit profit center master data. This app allows you to manage profit center master data in an easy-to-consume way.

In short in this app, you can Create, edit, copy, and delete a combination of a profit center and a validity period.

To create Profit Centre follow the below steps:

1. Go to Manage Profit Centre app
  2. Enter the filters and look for any existing profit centres, if not click on Create button
  3. Fill the header information like Profit Center ID, Profit Centre name, Valid from, Valid  to, Person responsible, set the organizational unit details like Standard Hierarchy Node & Segment all these are mandatory fields and other informations. Here I have used the same Profit Centre Group i.e. Atest1 which is created as above sectionp10.png
  4. Click on Create

Important Links:

Help Portal:

Manage Profit Centers

Manage Profit Center Groups

Community:

Profit Centre is not creation in S/4 HANA Public Cloud

Knowledge Base Article(KBA):

Newly created Profit Centre Group not visible in app 'Manage Profit Centres'

Roadmap Viewer:

SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition (2-system landscape)

Regards,

Ankit K