Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AngelikaHuber
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

You can use the Manage Customer Line Items app and the Manage Supplier Line Items app for all sorts of analyses on customer or supplier line items.
That’s why many fields and columns are displayed when you open the apps. But what if you're missing a field?

Let's take a closer look at the Manage Customer Line Items app. The following standard columns are displayed by default.

Fig. 1: Standard columns shown in the "Manage Customer Line Items" app

And there are many other fields and columns that you can simply select from the Settings dialog box and display in the app.

Fig. 2: "View Settings" dialog box showing additional columns

But what if you need a column or field in the app that is not listed here?
Data source extension could be the answer.

To use this, your key user only has to open the Custom Fields app and choose the plus sign on the Data Source Extension tab to create a data source extension for the Customer Line Items (FAR_CUSTOMER_LINE_ITEMS) data source.

All fields available for this data source are displayed.

In the Available Fields tree, the key user simply has to navigate down to the field that you want to add to the Manage Customer Line Items app.

Fig. 3: Available fields for the "Customer Line Items" data source

Once the key user has selected the field that you want to add, the field information is shown in the Selected Fields section. Here, the key user can even change the field label and tooltip text by selecting the Custom Text checkbox and entering a text of your choice.

Fig. 4: Selected field

Once your key user has published the extension, the new field is available for all users.

Thanks for reading this blog post. I hope you’ve understood how simple it is to add a new field to the Manage Customer Line Items app.
Of course, if you want to add a field to the Manage Supplier Line Items app, your key user simply has to create an extension for the Supplier Line Items (FAP_VENDOR_LINE_ITEMS) data source.

Feel free to leave any comments you may have below.

See also:

App Extensibility: Manage Customer Line Items

App Extensibility: Manage Supplier Line Items

https://blogs.sap.com/2019/02/05/key-user-extensibility-in-sap-s4hana-cloud-data-source-extensions-p...

25 Comments
Victor_Alvarez
Participant
0 Kudos

Really the game changer should be like in OnPrem BADI: if_ex_fi_items_ch_data~change_items or BTE 1650 for adding custom fields calculated on the fly. Both of them (specially for perfomance the BADI) were widely used in almost all SAP projects.

Since 2208 the technology is there Edit Source Extensions-Calculated fields ( https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_S4HANA_CLOUD/0f69f8fb28ac4bf48d2b57b9637e81fa/d72a13f700de4b2fbd33a6e7... ) we only need customer and supplier line items data source to be available for adding calculated fields and therefore by free to fecth customer information through BADI.

AngelikaHuber
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Thanks very much for your comment. Unfortunately, we cannot provide the  Calculated Fields feature for the line item apps at the moment.

But since we’re currently reworking the apps, we will try and see if we can provide this feature in the new apps.
thomasvv
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Angelika, thank you for the great blog!

Is the document header text under "Journal Entry" a new addition to the customer / supplier line item data sources?

Having a look at the same data source on my end, the only options I have under "Customer Line Items" are "customer", "Customer Company" and "One-Time Account Data for Customer Items":

Thanks.

Regards, Thomas

AngelikaHuber
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your comment.

May I ask you if you looked in an on-premise system?

The blog post refers to S/4HANA Cloud, and in S/4HANA OnPremise the document header text under Journal Entry is available as of 2021 FPS2.
For S/4HANA OnPremise 2021 FPS0 and FPS1, a SAP Note needs to be implemented.

Best regards,
Angelika

thomasvv
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Angelika, thank you for your response.

I looked at an S/4HANA OnPremise system, release 2021 (initial shipment stack).

Could you kindly reference the SAP note which needs to be implemented for this to be added?

Thank you very much once again.

Kind regards,

Thomas
AngelikaHuber
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Thomas,

Sorry for the late reply.
Here's the link to the SAP Note 3156013.

Best regards,
Angelika
thomasvv
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Angelika,

We ended up doing a custom implementation.

But thank you very much for referencing the note for others.

Kind regards,

Thomas
gpardeshi24
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Angelika,

Thanks for details on custom fields for Manage customer line items Fiori App. We have similar requirement from user but for the field BKPF-XREF1_HD. User want this field to be added as new column for customer manage line items fiori app. Could you please guide on this or do we need to raise OSS.

If OSS not required, then what customizations are required if this field is not readily available in (FAR_CUSTOMER_LINE_ITEMS_SRV) data source fields. Please provide step by step solution required for this customization as I not much experienced on customizing standard fiori applications.

Thanks,

Gayatri
steffenriemann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hello Gayatri

To add field BKPF - XREF1_HD, please follow the path "Customer Line Items" -> "Journal Entry" and select the field "Reference 1". This field corresponds to BKPF - XREF1_HD.

Please note, that the association to "Journal Entry" which represents the document header (BKPF) is available as of S/4HANA OnPremise 2021 FPS2 and higher. For S/4HANA OnPremise 2021 FPS0 and FPS1, a SAP Note needs to be implemented. (SAP Note 3156013).

For S/4HANA Public Cloud this association is generally available.

Best regards
Steffen
gpardeshi24
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Steffen,

Thanks for quick reply. Hope you are doing well!!

We are still on S/4HANA On-premise 2020 and I wonder whether above solution will work for me.

Any work around or alternative for S/4HANA On-premise 2020?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Gayatri

steffenriemann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hello Gayatri

S/4HANA On-Premise 2020 does not support the data source extension for "Journal Entry" fields. Unfortunately I am not aware of an alternative solution.

Best regards
Steffen Riemann
ebeji
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello @Angelika

Thank you for this instructif blog.

I have a question related to data extension.

In case, we want to add a calculated field to the column , is it possible?

Thank you

AngelikaHuber
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Emma,

Thanks for your feedback.

At the moment, we cannot provide the Calculated Fields feature for the line item apps.
We are, however, reworking the line item apps, and will try and see if we can provide this feature in the new apps.

Best regards,
Angelika
0 Kudos
Hello angelika.huber

Thanks for details on custom fields for Manage customer line items Fiori App.

Can you please suggest how to add the Supplier Bank account number and Bank name in Manage Supplier Line item through Key User Extensibility in SAP S/4 HANA Cloud - data Sources Extensions ?

How to get Data sources list for the particular app ?

Thanks in Advance.
steffenriemann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hello Priyanka,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

The supplier bank account data cannot be displayed in the app "Manage Supplier Line items" because there can be more than one bank account maintained for a business partner. The app "Manage Supplier Line item" displays always exact one table row per supplier line item. If a supplier respectively a business partner has two or more bank accounts, the system could not determine which of the bank accounts should be displayed.

You can however display the supplier bank accounts in the app Display Supplier List (F1861).

Please note, if a supplier has more than one bank account, then this app will display several rows for the same supplier - one fore each bank account.

Best regards

Steffen
andreamaral
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi I'm beginer! I have a issue in both apps. I need build a select field bind to  KNB1-FDGRV.

But I don't know what Businness context I must user and how I proceding for make logic for validate this value to entityset. Some one can help me?
steffenriemann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hello,

The fields of KNB1 represent the company-code-dependent data of the customer. You can access such fields via the association to Customer Company.

So to add the field KNB1-FDGRV which represents the Planning Group, follow the path "Customer Line Items -> Customer Company" and then select the field "Planning Group".

For Manage Supplier Line Items it is similar - follow here the path "Supplier Line Items -> Supplier Company".

Best regards
Steffen
andreamaral
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen, thank you so much, it's works perfectily.
One question more, if I want make a search help for this fields, how I must proceed?

tim100
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Angelika, thank you for the great blog!

It seems only standard field(s) can be included using this method.

I need to create a new custom field(the custom field need to be appended to the related standard table) and add it to “Manage Customer Line Items”, is it possible?

steffenriemann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hello Claudio

I am glad that the hint worked out well.

With regards to the question about the search help: Unfortunately, I don't see a possibility to add a search help.

Though the data model contains for the field "Planning Group" an associated data source which is CDS-View I_CashPlanningGroup, the system cannot use it to provide a search help because this CDS-View is not released yet. Only released CDS-Views are allowed to be used to ensure stability.

It is planned to release this CDS-View in a future release.

Best regards
Steffen
AngelikaHuber
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Tim,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

As to your question, it will be able to create custom fields for the Manage Customer Line Items app and the Manage Supplier Line Items app in a future release. More information to come soon.

Best regards,
Angelika
tim100
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello Angelika,

Really thanks for your reply.

We are looking forward to the release version which can create custom fields for the Manage Customer Line Items app and the Manage Supplier Line Items app. I believe it will be able to help us a lot.

Best regards,
Tim
AngelikaHuber
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Tim,

Here is the good news: as of S/4HANA Cloud 2402 you will be able to create custom fields for the Manage Customer Line Items app and the Manage Supplier Line Items app. Please note that the custom fields must be created in the "Accounting: Journal Entry Item" (FINS_JOURNAL_ENTRY_ITEM) business context.

For more information, see the Preliminary What's New documentation:

Best regards,
Angelika
kamlesh_sharma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @AngelikaHuber 

We have a new requirement where we need to display new custom fields which is part of some custom table. I am able to add new custom fields using custom fields and logic app in fiori app but now display value in these custom field from our custom table, I am not able to find out exit or place where I can add my custom logic to fill these custom fields .

Please help with this requirement.

Thanks.

steffenriemann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello @kamlesh_sharma ,

The app supports only custom fields of the business context "Journal Entry Item" and custom fields added to one of the associated data sources that are available via Data Source Extension. Fields of a independent custom table cannot be added to the app. For performance reasons it is not possible to use a kind of "User-Exit" or BAdI to fill fields via custom logic. Such a mechanism would not support the analytical features such as filtering, sorting, grouping neither.

Best regards
Steffen