Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Ford
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Harmonizing Cloud Release Content for You

Do you feel overwhelmed by the amount of information you need to locate and process during a release, given how quickly innovation is advancing? When finding the right content becomes time-consuming, releases can become a daunting task. We hear you and want releases to be exciting and easy, which is why the Readiness@Scale team at SAP has launched the new release navigator for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition.

Now you can achieve maximum business value from your cloud solution and keep innovation moving with the latest intelligent ERP capabilities by sustainably adopting new release innovations and functionalities with our expert guidance.

Figure 1: My Home

Minimizing the Effort

The release navigator consolidates essential release content from SAP Product Engineering, SAP User Assistance, SAP Learning, SAP Enterprise Support and other areas of the SAP ecosystem organized by Lines of Business (LoB's), Industries, and Cross-Topics. Accessing release content has next been easier! Built-in guided tours, created with native SAP Enable Now software, will teach you how to use various SAP tools and websites to locate content when a release comes. The release navigator will have bi-yearly updates in alignment with the two major releases for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, and those dates can be found within the Release Calendar tile (see Figure 1: My Home). 

At the initial launch, the following LoB’s/Industries/Cross-Topics will be included:

Lines of Business:

• Asset Management
  • Finance
  • Human Resources
  • Manufacturing
  • R&D/Engineering
  • Sales
  • Service
  • Sourcing & Procurement
  • Supply Chain
  • Sustainability

Industries:

• Higher Education & Research
  • Media
  • Mill Products
  • Mining
  • Oil & Gas
  • Professional Services
  • Public Sector

Cross-Topics:

• SAP Activate
  • SAP Central Business Configuration
  • SAP Central Invoice Management
  • SAP Cloud Application Lifecycle Management
  • SAP Cloud Identification Services
  • SAP Fiori/UX
  • SAP for Me
  • SAP S/4HANA Cloud Migration Cockpit
  • Test Automation Tool

Simple & Familiar Navigation

Staying true to our innovative user experience, this new resource has integrated in design concepts from the familiar SAP Fiori Morning Horizon theme for ease of use. The My Home page is divided into three main sections with different corresponding tiles (see Figure 1: My Home).

Sections:

1. Messages: Contains important information for you to read, and new users have the option to take the guided tour around the release navigator to become familiar with basic usage principals.
    2. Quick Tools: Provides easy access to essential release enablement material provided by the Readiness@Scale team, and includes our customer feedback survey.
    3. Release Resources: Allows you to find release content organized by LoB's, Industries, or Cross-Topics and plan for the next release with the Release Calendar tile.

Where to Access

The release navigator for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition will be accessible through the SAP Enterprise Support value map for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition.  

Value maps provide self-paced learnings, expert-led live sessions, collaborative forums, and access to SAP experts; all included as part of your SAP Cloud Solution subscription.

3 Easy Steps:  

1. Complete a one-time sign-up for the SAP Learning Hub, edition for SAP Enterprise Support, that is required
    2. Access value maps
    3. Navigate to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition value map and access under the Upgrade section

Have a question about the value map, or content therein? Leverage the “ask questions” feature in the value map or contact us at sapesvaluemaps@sap.com.

Making Your Impact

At SAP, we value your opinions and suggestions very highly. You can submit release topics that you would like to be covered using our Customer Topic Request & Feedback app. This survey is an excellent opportunity for you to tell us how the release navigator has worked for you and how we can make your release experience better. We also encourage you to share your feedback, thoughts, or questions in the comment section below.

Here is a short video with additional details!

Stay Connected

Follow the SAP S/4HANA Cloud and Readiness@Scale community tags to stay up to date with the latest blog posts. You can also follow us via @SAP and myself via LinkedIn.

2 Comments
richardnagel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Good blog! As an SAP employee (with an I-number), how can I access the Release Navigator? I seem to end up in SAP Learning Hub with a button/link/reference to it...
Andrew_Ford
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Richard. Thank you for your question! Open the support page for SAP Value Maps, then follow the instructions:

1. Click on Access Value Maps
  2. Open the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition value map
  3. Access the Release Navigator under the Upgrade phase.
    • The prerequisite is to have access to SAP Learning Hub, Enterprise Support Edition, which is part of your internal edition subscription. If you get an error, please make sure you have an active subscription.

Please let me know if you have any trouble locating the new tool from there.

Best!