Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kamal_Jain
Advisor
Advisor

S/4HANA Cloud Output Management – Customize Master Form

In this blog we will see how to customize the Master Form Template using configuration and Apps provided to upload Logos and maintain texts.

In SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Adobe forms (XFA) are the standard technology for rendering application objects (such as purchase orders, contracts, or invoices) into PDF format. Output management in the cloud provides the necessary framework for form template development and maintenance, data assembly, rendering, and output determination for forms. There are standard delivered APPs that can be used for configuration.

Basically, the Adobe form is separated into two parts – Master Form Template & Content Form Template as shown below. In this blog we will see how to customize the Master Form Template, shown here in black lines for logo & Footer Blocks (Address/Tel/Fax/E-Mail). The benefit of this framework is that Master Form Template can be used across multiple Content forms.

Note: As each App on S/4HANA Cloud is role-based so before try to find/run any app, make sure required authorization in place. Here to facilitate, the link to Fiori App library has been given to find the same with each App required here.

In below steps we will see how to configure Master Form Template for Logo, Texts, Sender Address.

1. Manage Logos: Refer link to find required authorizations: Fiori Library - Manage Logos

2. Run the app and upload required logo using the + sign, this logo can be placed on the output Form header.

After uploading image, logo will be added as shown:

2. Manage Texts: Refer link to find required authorizations: Fiori Library - Manage Texts

Run the app and use + sign on header to add new Text, window as shown below will appear and fill required data. We can also add the text in other languages as well by using + Add Language feature.

After save, added text will be shown in the records:

Here we can add multiple texts and use that in configuration of Master form as per requirement.

3. Configuration of Master Form: Refer given link to find required authorizations: Fiori Library - Manage Your Solution

· Find Manage Your Solution, then choose Configure Your Solution, search for Output and navigate inside Output Management Area.

· Here first step shown is to Define rule for Master Form Template, Click on Configure at extreme right.

Create new entry, fill required details as per organization and use Master Form Template = 'SOMU_FORM_MASTER_LETTER'.

Add Footer Block and SAP Logo that has been created in above steps.

Add some custom Form template for Content form (here added Delivery note form) and Save the entry.

Test Case: Create new output for Delivery Note and check Display PDF Document, here header and Footer text should be picked which has been configure in Rules of Master Template above.

• Logo on right side is one which was uploaded in Manage Logo app and configure in Master Form Rule template.

• Footer below that was added in Manage Texts and configured.

• As an information, I would like to add here that if any other changes required to be done in Master Form Template then Adobe Life Cycle designer should be installed, it can be installed using App Install Additional Software. Refer Fiori App Library to find required authorization Fiori Library - Install Additional Software .

After installing, local Adobe Life Cycle designer, there is an App "Maintain Form Templates" that can be used to Upload/Download the Master Form Template.

Conclusion: As you have seen that by using Standard Apps and SSCUI - configuration of Master Form template, customization can be done and there is no coding/change required to be done in Adobe Form Manually.

22 Comments
        Gerard1
        Participant

Great post, Kamal. Thanks for sharing your expertise.

Joanne_Lysy
        Employee
        Employee
        0 Kudos

Kamal thank you great post! Will you be doing any others with how to add fields into the content forms? For example payment terms into the invoice, etc.

Kamal_Jain
        Advisor
        Advisor
        0 Kudos

Hello Joanne,

Yes, I have done standard content forms extension by adding custom fields. Also have done invoice content form extension for multiple customers. You can send me mail if you have any specific question, I will be happy to support.

Regards,

Kamal Jain

Sai_Kasturi
        Employee
        Employee

This is very useful for most of the cloud customers.....thanks for sharing.

Prateek_Agarwal
        Participant
        0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing this information.

0 Kudos

How to get header text in custom form templates.. in S4 HANA

Kamal_Jain
        Advisor
        Advisor
        0 Kudos

Hello ,

Header text will be there in master form template and its available in $.PrintFormTitleText.

Regards,

Kamal Jain

former_member131852
        Active Participant
        0 Kudos

good info

Vijayendra
        Product and Topic Expert
        Product and Topic Expert
        0 Kudos

Really helpful one!!

Amith_Nair
        Product and Topic Expert
        Product and Topic Expert
        0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

Another Great Blog to your edition!

Do you know if we can dynamically change Footer in the master forms for S4HANA Cloud.

Thank you!

Amith Nair

Priyank
        Participant

Hello Kamal,

Nice blog very detailed information,

is it possible to customise the footer info for example if I want to make footer details bold?

Kind Regards,

Priyank

0 Kudos
        Hi Kamal,

Could you please help me explaining how I can change the label context in the custom form template.

I can see the binding path and all.. but not able to understand where to find the value for that binding path.

Thanks

Kapil Jain
        Kamal_Jain
        Advisor
        Advisor
        0 Kudos
        Hello Priyank,

Yes you can customize footer info also. First you need to create Footer Blocks in Manage Text by selecting type = Footer and then that text you need to configure in Rule determination step.

Regards,

Kamal Jain
        Kamal_Jain
        Advisor
        Advisor
        0 Kudos
        Hello Kapil,

Hope if I have understood you question correctly then value of binding will be displayed when Form will be triggered from application. If you want to see the output preview into your Local Adobe life cycle designer then need to have XML that you can upload in Form Properties.

Form Preview

Regards,

Kamal Jain
        Priyank
        Participant
        0 Kudos
        Hello  kamal-jain

Where can I find more details for Rule determination steps?

Thank you,

Priyank
        Kamal_Jain
        Advisor
        Advisor
        Hello Priyank,

It's been explained there on step3 above, please see.

Configuration of Master Form: Refer given link to find required authorizations: Fiori Library – Manage Your Solution

· Find Manage Your Solution, then choose Configure Your Solution, search for Output and navigate inside Output Management Area.

Regards,

Kamal Jain
        sue1
        Explorer
        0 Kudos
        Hi Kamal,

Thank you for the valuable blog.

Need your advise on the language in the forms for public cloud version.

1. The Form fields can be maintained in dual language? example quantity

2. The output can it be translated to dual language. example description from material master converted in other language?

Regards,
        Sue
        moll
        Explorer
        0 Kudos
        Hello Kamal,

Thank you for this nice blog.  I was trying to change t  the address on the custom remittance advice form template . But after i downloaded the custom Master form template and open in adobe life cycle designer i couldn't see the address and Logo  on the form. it is not under "PrintFormTitleText".Can you please advise how i can display the address information so that I  can change it?

Regards,
        Kamal_Jain
        Advisor
        Advisor
        0 Kudos
        Hello Molla,

The Address and logo window would be there in Master Form. You have downloaded content form where you would not see these windows. So use master form if any layout changes required. And for logo and address you can do configuration as per steps given in blog, you dont need to download any form in that case.

Regards,

Kamal Jain
        Pesala
        Explorer
        0 Kudos
        Hi Kamal,

Please advice, how I do above changes in SAP S/4HANA public cloud.

Furthermore, I added logo and address respectively by using change logo and change text apps.

But I did not find the master template in central business configuration( CBC). Please help to sort out this.
        Kamal_Jain
        Advisor
        Advisor
        Hello Welgama,

please try to find app using search option - Maintain Form Templates'. Generally, master form 'SOMU_FORM_MASTER_A4' is used for all content forms. You need to go to app Define Rules for Determination of Master Form Template to put logo and texts that you have created.

In Central Business Configuration, you can search for this activity: Define Rules for Determination of Master Form Template and Maintain Form Templates.

Regards,

Kamal Jain
        Pesala
        Explorer
        0 Kudos

Thanks Kamal.

I'm done it.