Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slaveya
Advisor
Advisor
I am happy to introduce another great colleague, part of the new Waste Management S4/HANA Solution (as you can imagine part of the Environment Health and Safety :))

His Name is Dzhaner Hasan and he is a Software Developer

For how long have you been with the team? – Around 10 months

What is your favorite thing about working on EHS Waste Management? – The cause, knowing that what I do has a purpose and that I am making a positive contribution to society. The tasks we work on are not monotonous or repetitive. I am constantly learning new things and improving in a wide range of areas as a result, which makes this job very rewarding and interesting. Also, our team is fire.

Can you share one challenge you've faced in your role, and how did you overcome it? – I am fresh out of college, and this is my first job, so everything was a challenge to some extent. However, if I had to highlight one challenge, it would be learning and understanding the ABAP programming language.

What are you most excited about working on in the next year? – I am incredibly enthusiastic about the new AI technologies and their potential; hence, I would love to work on something related to this.

What advice would you give to someone who is interested in working in the software industry? – As surprising as it may sound, coding is only a small part of the job. In my experience, being an effective communicator, possessing strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to search for and find information are far more valuable assets, so I would focus on those. Most importantly, never back down and never give up.

Bonus question 1: What is your favorite feature of our product? – I really appreciate the simplistic design of the applications. I've always believed in the principle of "less is more."

Bonus question 2: Care to share a hobby or interest? – I’m a huge fan of classical books and even have a degree in English Linguistics and Literature, my favorite genre is horror (especially psychological), and my favorite author is Edgar Allan Poe. Other than that, my hobbies include staying at home, playing video games, scrolling through memes all day, and eating junk food.