Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor

Just recently we've crossed the magic line of "100 solution scenario" on SAP Enterprise Architecture Reference Library ('EARL'), our internal repository for business and solution processes and SAP Best Practices content.

Today we've achieved another important milestone with the migration of SAP Best Practices for S/4HANA 2022 (SAP internal only) to EARL and the successful import of the same into SAP Cloud ALM ('CALM'). The very same content has already been made available on SAP Best Practices Explorer externally.

With this we're providing SAP Best Practices content for SAP S/4HANA (on-premise) and S/4HANA Cloud, private edition implementations available to customers and implementation teams, accelerating our ambitions to modernize the tool chain for process related content and to support SAP's business process as-a-service ('BPaaS') vision.

SAP Best Practices for S/4HANA 2022 deliver

• localizations for 43 countries in 25 languages

• latest updates to 557 localized solution processes and respective process flows

• updates to test scripts and process diagrams

• latest updates of additional accelerators

Best regards, EARL development team
13 Comments
MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
The referenced EARL homepage doesn't appear to be active:

EARL Home Page Error

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

mbensan

Its Internal portal. Kindly ignore.
holger.steffens : you have to update external facing Url.

menona
Explorer
0 Kudos
Not able to access the link provided
Sycntegral
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Could we import the maps to Visio? Previously I used to work with the maps interface of the SAP Enterprise Designer , than Solution Manager but all of them were underdeveloped and not meet clients requirements.

at some projects clients and functional teams just dropped using them due to limited functionality.

whatbisbteh current edit ability status ?
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Adi,

our graphical integration strategy is defined along the Signavio acquisition. Saying that we're currently not planning to make diagrams generally available in an editable format, this will likely be a feature for licensed customers only, using Signavio.

Best regards

Holger
Sycntegral
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Holger

Thank you for your keen answer.

I this I this is a strategical mistake.

The possibility to run Fiori zaps from the collaboration diagram as in SOLMAN Focused Build, the ability to create Test Scripts from the Diagram with the right click will never be achieved in Signavio.

I now assume not connecting all the dots is the direction. Let’s see the year 2023 results so
wagener-mark
Contributor
0 Kudos
When will we be able to see the Best Practices in CALM? For us they are not visible, yet!
HolgerSteffens
Advisor
Advisor
Hi Mark,

thanks for asking, my CALM colleagues informed me that it was just published an hour ago. You should see it already or in the course of the day.

Best regards, Holger
Wulff
Associate
Associate
Wulff
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos
Hi Adi,

indeed you can change the diagrams in SAP Cloud ALM.

When you display a BPMN diagram you can find a "Copy diagram" button in the header. When you click the button, you create your own custom process with this diagram. You freely change and adjust the diagram until it fits to your business.

Hope this helps and best regards,

Wuff
Wulff
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos
Please check my response above.

Cheers, Wulff
Sycntegral
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is better than nothing, but still I could not connect the activity to the related Fiori App by adding the Semantic Object and Activity to for example "Adding Freight Cost" App that I developed

Wulff
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos
Check this blog.