Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: In September 2019 SAP S/4HANA 1909 has been released to customers. The Add-On SAP S/4HANA for customer management is integrated into SAP S/4HANA core as SAP S/4HANA Service.

For release information notes(2841019) and product updates please refer to:

https://help.sap.com/viewer/c9b5e9de6e674fb99fff88d72c352291/1909.002/en-US?q=salesforce%20support

https://help.sap.com/viewer/product/SAP_S4HANA_ON-PREMISE/1909.000/en-US

For Sales Force Automation(SFA) in S/4HANA 1909 Click here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the tremendous success of SAP S/4HANA in the customer digital transformation journey SAP began to embed the SAP CRM solution in to SAP S/4HANA which would reduce the landscape complexity significantly and consolidate the back-office capabilities.

First among that was the SAP S/4HANA for customer management add-on which was deployed on SAP S/4HANA 1709 (FPS01) in February 2018. The scope included the Service Process and the Customer Interaction Center.

In this blog series we will focus on the SAP S/4HANA for customer management on-premise solution as in :

Part 1 will focus on the Overview, Architecture, Data Model, Roadmap and Migration Strategy.

Part 2 will focus on the service process, interaction center and adoption of the solution into one of the early adopters of S/4HANA for customer management.

Recommended read for consultants, existing customers and customer planning to migrate to SAP S/4HANA for customer Management

SAP Press E-Bites “Introducing CRM in SAP S/4HANA" https://www.sap-press.com/introducing-crm-in-sap-s4hana_4811/

1. Introduction to SAP S/4HANA for customer management

Overview

SAP S/4HANA for customer management, an add-on on SAP S/4HANA, is an On-Premise solution for Sales & Service.

This solution allows to manage customer relationship and supports with functions and processes in the areas of Sales, service order management and interaction center in the SAP S/4 HANA System.

Architecture

Fig.1

The SAP S/4HANA for customer management integrates seamlessly with SAP S/4HANA and draws on the same data model as SAP S/4HANA and utilizes S/4HANA components such as Pricing and Billing. It makes optimum use of the capabilities provided by the SAP HANA database.

The SAP S/4HANA for customer management has dedicated business applications and its own business object and generic interaction layers.

The UI has been harmonized with the visual appearance of SAP S/4HANA Fiori theme and can be configured to meet your business needs.

SAP Process Orchestration (PO) or Cloud Platform Integration (CPI) can be used as middleware to integrate other systems, provides a tool infrastructure to model and design business processes – from the overall process flow and the sequence of activities up to the interface and data types that are needed to integrate SAP systems and external systems.

Data model & harmonization

Let us look at some of the business objects in classical SAP CRM and SAP ECC. The business objects are exchanged between SAP CRM and SAP ECC via SAP CRM Middleware.

Whereas in SAP S/4HANA for customer management the data model is made much simpler and designed to reduce the data footprint in the organization.

Business objects harmonized are as follows:

The end users experience the master data namely business partner, material, equipment etc., in SAP S/4HANA for customer management as the integral part of SAP S/4HANA and hence the master data is now replication free and harmonized in SAP S/4HANA for customer management.

That means no more middleware is required and no duplication of objects.

For instance, material master database tables such as MARA is used as central source in both SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA for customer management.

Organizational model

Due to the UI framework used in SAP S/4HANA for customer management it is still dependent on the SAP CRM Organizational model, BOL Objects and APIs. Therefore, a mapping between the SAP ERP Enterprise structure and the SAP CRM Organizational Model must be maintained in SAP S/4HANA for customer management. Hence in SAP S/4HANA for customer management a combination of SAP ERP Organizational structure and SAP CRM Organizational model is required.

One Order Framework

In the classical SAP CRM, One Order framework is defined as the framework to handle all the CRM one order documents like Service orders, Sales order, Activities etc. They have the common structure to handle the data basically grouped into Header and Items. The Header and item relationship is 1: n and transaction data are distributed among many tables. It is required to perform join operation on multiple tables to extract data of any business transaction.

Whereas in SAP S/4HANA for customer management the one order data model is greatly simplified for service processes. The data is stored in just two tables: CRMS4D_SERV_H for header data and CRMS4D_SERV_I for item data.

SAP has introduced a new data modeling infrastructure known as CDS (Core Data Services) in SAP HANA which has significantly reduced the need for database join operations and the CRMD_ORDER_INDEX table.

UI Framework & Extensibility

The Web UI for SAP S/4HANA for customer management is based on the 3-tier architecture framework (Presentation Layer, Business Layer & Application Layer), refer to fig.1, which is based on BSP (Business Server Pages). The UI is harmonized with the visual appearance of SAP S/4HANA Fiori 2.0 theme, refer to fig.2, and can be configured to meet your business needs via the framework tools (view configuration tool) available as previously in SAP CRM.

Fig.2

The extensibility (custom fields) of the business objects is possible via the ‘Custom Fields and Logic Fiori app’ in the Fiori Launchpad. Refer to fig.3

Fig.3

2.Difference between SAP CRM & SAP S/4HANA for customer management

Some of the significant differences are listed in the below table:

3. Roadmap

*The scope may be changed by SAP without any prior notice

4.Migration approach from SAP CRM On Prem to SAP S/4HANA for customer management for existing customers*

• Upgrade ERP to S/4HANA, keep SAP CRM as a separate system (consider note 2324473)

• Simplify SAP CRM system to become closer to the simplification map (lists the SAP CRM features not currently supported in SAP S/4HANA for customer management)à move functionality to S/4HANA

• Install SAP S/4HANA for customer management option on S/4HANA, operate in parallel to SAP CRM (hybrid operation)

Note: the two CRM systems are not directly connected, but synchronize through S/4HANA data only

• Incrementally move SAP CRM processes to SAP S/4HANA for customer management option.

How to migrate …

• Master data: should be in S/4HANA already, else use middleware content or data migration tools

• Customizing: manual task, but similar structure and content in both options

• Custom code: manual task, but all supported objects are based on mostly identical frameworks, object implementations, … Calls to non-supported objects or direct calls to database will no longer work.

• Transactional data: similar structure, but different object references. Generic data migration tools will be provided, but cost vs. value for migrating historic transactional data should be considered

Other possible scenarios

• Customer is already running SAP S/4HANA and just installing the customer management add-on

• Migrating from ERP and not yet using SAP CRM

*Sample migration steps. May differ from case to case.

For more detailed explanation of SAP S/4HANA for customer management and migration strategy please refer to SAP Press E-Bites “Introducing CRM in SAP S/4HANA".

https://www.sap-press.com/introducing-crm-in-sap-s4hana_4811/

For any other enquiries you maty reach out SAP @ Enquiry.

Refer Part 2 for Service Management capabilities: Service Management in SAP S/4HANA for customer management
47 Comments
sandeepmkh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank Shridhar for the details blog on the S/4 HANA customer management, this is very useful information.
former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Great overview! Looking forward to your next blog post in this series!
surekha_rao
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks for the blog Shridhar. You have summarized add-on capabilities very well!
sanju_joseph
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you Shridhar Deshpande for sharing blog post with the community!
I am sure the blog will help many customers and developers looking at the early adoption of Customer Management functionality.
former_member218251
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you Shridhar for this blog.  Do you know anything about PPM or CPM integration in this?
shiny_victoria
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks a lot for the blog Sridhar!!. Very well documented !!!
swapna_om
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Sridhar for all the information. You have covered from architecture till migration strategy very well:)
0 Kudos
Nicely articulated Sridhar ! looking forward to more !

0 Kudos

Hi Hofman,

As per my knowledge the integration of PPM or CPM with SAP S/4HANA for customer management is not yet available.
0 Kudos
Thank you Shridhar for a wonderful overview.Looking forward to Part2.
former_member603780
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Shridhar, thank you for this great overview, this is very helpful.

One question: I assume that SAP S/4HANA for customer management is available only in  on-premise environment. Am I right?

Hi Andreas,

Thank you.

The SAP S/4HANA for customer management is also available as part of S/4 HANA Cloud offerings since 1811 release, With this release third party integration for Service Order management via Open Service Order Management API would be possible.

You can refer to the SAP S/4HANA cloud release notes to get an overview of the latest features released for customer management.

Regards,

Shridhar Deshpande

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi

What's about the SAP ECC CS module ?Is the Customer Service module still exist with SAP S/4 HANA.or the CM module will do the job for both SAP ECC CS and SAP CRM CS.

Regards

John
0 Kudos
Hi,

CS in S/4HANA exists. Plan is to gradually replace CS with SAP S/4HANA for cm. This is subject to change.

You may refer to the roadmap and release notes of S/4HANA.
DamoH
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi,

What is a better solution for FSM or CS ??C/4HANA or S/4HANA CM? There is a cloud solution in the roadmap of S/4HANA CM.  Does C/4HANA is preferable? What are the differences between C/4HANA & S/4HANA CM in terms of migration from non SAP to SAP?

Regards

Damo
Martin_mhp
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Shridhar thank you a lot for this helpful overview.

One question: Do you know about the possibility of SAP Commerce Integration in S/4HANA for customer management?
0 Kudos
You may have to leverage the APIs in SAP Commerce to integrate.
adrianox1
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi,

does the "customer management" require addictional licenses?

Also can i use it even if I don't have any previous CRM?

Thanks and regards

Adriano
0 Kudos
Hello Shridhar,

Thanks for this wonderful blog, Very Informative.

What would be a reference point for Engine consolidation (S4 Pricing and Billing) to start with in S4CRM?

Regards

Prasad
0 Kudos
Hi Adriano,

I suggest to contact SAP enquiry link mentioned in my blog for any license related queries.
0 Kudos
Hi Prasad,

I could not understand what you meant by reference point for engine consolidation. S/4HANA for cm now uses the prices and conditions from the S/4HANA pricing engine. S/4HANA for cm doesn't require IPC and java routines for price calculation...thank you.
0 Kudos

Hi Shridhar,

With Engine Consolidation for Pricing and Billing, is there any feature consolidation between SAP CRM Pricing and S4HANA Pricing? What would be the Strategy to migrate the existing Pricing Routines from CRM to S4CRM if the sales and service processes are to be migrated into S4HANA?

Regards

Prasad

maik_bosch
Contributor
0 Kudos
Hello shridharvenkatesh.deshpande

can you say something about the differences and future directions between the C/4HANA portfolio and SAP S/4HANA for customer management?

Thanks and Regards

Maik
0 Kudos
As of now you need to rewrite the routines (ABAP) in S/4HANA pricing engine as there is no IPC in S/4HANA..
0 Kudos
Hello Sridhar,

Thanks for the excellent explanation..

Can you help me to find the relevant Customer Management Fiori apps

Regards,

Balaji
former_member621900
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thanks for the information Shridhar.

Just a quick question, we create sales organization in customer management by replicating SD Sales organization through the transaction.

But how we can create service organization in Customer Management?

Please reply.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Hi,

You will have to create service organization manually in the create or change organization model (PPOCA/PPOMA).
0 Kudos
Hi,

C/4HANA is a suite for cloud solutions like Sales, Marketing, Commerce, Service and Customer Data Cloud where as S/4HANA for cm will be part of S/4HANA from 1909. Read help documents for future releases of S/4HANA for cm.
former_member563498
Participant
0 Kudos
HI Sridhar,

Could you share the 1909 features in CRM for S/4HANA.

Does it needs a separate licence cost or it includes in S/4HANA.

Thanks,

Deepak
0 Kudos
Hi Shridhar,

Thanks for sharing excellent blog on customer management. I would like to know that SAP is still considering to continue CRM old Genil/Bol architecture internally? Is there any future road map to replace Genil/Bol architecture?

Thanks,

Vinay Joshi
ydpatil
0 Kudos
Hi Sridhar,

Do you see in future, CS module will get Obsolete in S4 ?

Thanks

Yogesh

Amin-Hoque
Advisor
Advisor
Amin-Hoque
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

There are no Fiori apps yet.  The solution uses the Web Client UI from CRM online.

See the test script here:

https://rapid.sap.com/bp/#/browse/categories/sap_s%254hana/areas/on-premise/packageversions/BP_OP_EN...

See help here:

https://help.sap.com/viewer/c9b5e9de6e674fb99fff88d72c352291/1909.000/en-US/e3e687eadff84474a0dae9f9...

Amin.

0 Kudos
Hi Vinay,

As of now no.
Hi Shridhar, what is the transition path for existing customer Licences for customers moving from SAP CRM on HANA DB to SAP S/4HANA Customer management.
former_member563498
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks Amin !
former_member646589
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Very well written Shridhar. Great work! Keep it going.
abdulrahmansaif
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thank you very much for the great article

do you know how the cost will may calculate for the resource assigned to the services in the opportunity and how system service price.

thank you again
DaniEmmenegger
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Shridhar

Is there a best practice or a migration-cockpit-object to migrate the crm orders from onPrem-Crm to S/4HANA Customer Management?

Thank you

Daniel
former_member662023
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Ihttps://saponlinetrainings.com/sap-crm-online-training/ came to know much more details on SAP CRM. Thanks for the information provided.
<a href="https://saponlinetrainings.com/your-guide-to-sap-crm-online-training/">crm online training</a>
chaithanya_mk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shridhar,

Thanks for the post, gives a good insight on future CRM processes in S/4HANA.

However, I’m disappointed that SAP decided to simply adopt Webclient which is more than 15 year old technology. Webclient has been a sore edge of SAP CRM for years!

I hope SAP releases Fiori apps soon.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Chaithanya.

0 Kudos
Hi.

Exists already a plan or detailinformations for a customer Management release in 2020?

Thanks.

Andreas
0 Kudos
Hi,

I need to create a custom table on the client in the WEB UI. I couldn't find a source on where I can create it. Do you have a solution suggestion on this subject?
0 Kudos
Hi Sridhar,

I am new to BRIM . Can you please let me know how to launch CRM WebUI in s/4 1909.

Regards,

Raju
0 Kudos
Hi Shridhar,

Thanks for a such a detailed information on S/4 HANA  CM. I am looking for Blog/guidebook for product configuration in S/4 HANA Customer Management. Could you please help me out here.

Thanks & Regards

Paresh
fsimovic
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Shridhar,

Would you send me which restrictions or which functionalities are lost with the new Service S4HANA? , for instance the integration with Warranty claims?

Thanks in advance.

Fernando.
abhiranjan
0 Kudos
I need to integrate Communication software with S4HANA CM solution . I have seen below Busines role is provided, could you please guide how to integrate and what are the configuration needs to be performed .