Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nidhimishra01
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
We concluded Discovery and Solution implementation design principles for SuccessFactors Solutions workshops covering Employee Central Data Migration last week for APJ and EMEA. This was my first implementation design principles for SuccessFactors Solutions workshop as a participant and as a co-host.

Though I had heard about the workshop and knew what to expect, attending it was quite a different experience. Enriching experience I should say.

As an implementation consultant, many times I was faced with dilemma around the best approach to solution a business requirement, especially where more than one configuration solution was possible. I would search the community to check if someone else had solutioned something like what I was handling or tried to reach out to colleagues to understand if they had similar requirement on any of their projects.

I was amazed to find that implementation design principles for SuccessFactors Solutions workshop was an answer to the need to connect with various experts/consultants across different partner organizations and share knowledge/experience in the area of Employee Central and SuccessFactors Suite.

Adoption of implementation design principles for SuccessFactors Solutions helps to foster uniform implementation practices leading to time / cost savings, implementation risk reduction, thereby avoiding reinventing the wheel every time​.

Implementation design principles for SuccessFactors Solutions have been published on various topics to provide structured direction to challenges related to Solution Architecture, Integration and Migration coming up during implementation in the area of Employee Central and SF suite​. These documents can also be shared with customers to apprise them of SAP recommendations in these areas. Implementation design principles for SuccessFactors Solutions documents complement SAP configuration guides and other best practices content provided by SAP. These are thoroughly reviewed by relevant product management teams before being published.

Our team hosts various types of workshops like Bootcamps which provide detailed structured guidance to implementation challenges via efficient & optimized product recommendations and guidance. Also, suggest alternatives to tackle typical implementation pitfalls.

Discovery Workshops to collect and prioritize product implementation challenges jointly with other SAP SuccessFactors partners and Solutioning Workshop to brainstorm, ideate and synthesize solutions for product implementation challenges jointly with SAP SuccessFactors and implementation partners.

Invites are sent out to partner organizations to participate in these workshops to ensure that experienced consultants and architects, nominated by their organizations, come together to contribute to these sessions.

In the recently concluded implementation design principles for SuccessFactors Solutions workshop on the topic of Employee Central Data Migration, we had consultants participating from various partner organizations and from within SAP. This was conducted over 2-days in virtual mode. We kicked off the workshop by sharing underlying concept of implementation design principles for SuccessFactors Solutions, how partners can collaborate and where to find implementation design principles for SuccessFactors Solutions documents for consumption.

Each partner organization had to capture the challenges that they have faced during data migration in the mural. On Day 1, SAP SuccessFactors Product Manager joined us to take us through “Infoporter: Latest Product Enhancements & Roadmap Items” – Infoporter is SAP’s preferred tool for data migration. This was an interesting and insightful session. Next, we went through the challenges posted in Mural. Participants elaborated on their challenges and others contributed by sharing their experience/workarounds.  We continued to discuss challenges on Day 2 till we covered them all.

Thanks to all the participants for their active participation which made the session very useful. I am sure all of us had good take away from the discussions in the workshop.

implementation design principles for SuccessFactors Solutions documents can be accessed via following channels:

• SF Customer Community:

https://community.successfactors.com/t5/Implementation-Design-Principles/ct-p/ImplementationDesignPr...

• SAPPartnerEdge:

https://partneredge.sap.com/en/library/education/products/emp_mng/hcm/implement/te_hcm_sf_idp.html

• SAP Help Portal:

https://help.sap.com/viewer/product/SAP_SUCCESSFACTORS_HXM_SUITE/2005/en-US

• KBA

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2861334

SAP SuccessFactors Product Advisory and Partner Success team not only facilitates collaboration and knowledge sharing among stakeholders but plays a wider role:

• Conducts workshops to collect challenges and brainstorm on solutions and work arounds

• Provides platform to industry experts and consultants to come together and share their knowledge

• Shares inputs received during these workshops with relevant teams within SAP

• Updates the workshop participants regarding product management response against collected challenges

• Encourages partners to co-author implementation design principles for SuccessFactors Solutions documents based on their area of expertise

• Encourages partners to co-host implementation design principles for SuccessFactors Solutions Webinars

• Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to deliver quality implementation design principles for SuccessFactors Solutions document

I would encourage all SuccessFactors consultants out there to make use of Implementation design principles for SuccessFactors Solutions documents,contribute and collaborate!
3 Comments
sitakant_tripathy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos
nidhi.mishra Thanks for sharing this. We are currently working through the SuccessFactors implementation and On-boarding 2.0 has turned out to be a major pain point. My view is that the overall task based functionality is overly rigid and lacks flexibility for basic form based data capture. It would be great to understand if this was part of discussion.

Regards,

Sitakant
nidhimishra01
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Sitakant,

Onboarding was not part of the discussion. Did you check available implementation Design Principles for SuccessFactors Solutions documents for onboarding ? We have couple of them. Please use the portal links in the blog to navigate to Implementation Design Principles for SuccessFactors Solutions documents.
sitakant_tripathy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Nidhi,

Thanks for coming back. Yes, we have checked the relevant documents and have been engaging with SAP as well. It was just to have a view of similar concerns and any experiences shared from the wider community.

Regards,

Sitakant