Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
former_member109388
Participant
Hello community,

This is our U.S. Affordable Care Act (ACA) Information Reporting 2016 blog post.

If you have questions about 2016 ACA reporting, you can post it here.

This blog will be updated with tips and SAP Notes related to this subject.

-----
More information about the planned legal change please read the SAP note below:

2359091 - Announcement Note for Affordable Care Act Information Reporting 2016
-----

Kind regards,

Roger Oliveira
341 Comments
mraffel
Participant
0 Kudos
Al,

SAP note 2444447 has been officially released if you want to try it out.
Best,

Mathias
MWest
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Community,

Email notifications from SAP Community is now available. For more information, please see: https://blogs.sap.com/2017/03/30/email-notifications-from-sap-community/

Regards,

Margaret

rose_nguyen1
Explorer
0 Kudos

We had a similar scenario with 2 interns who became full-time employees (FTE) mid-year.  To get the MonthlyOfferCoverageGrp values when they were not FTE to resolve the AIR error, we updated feature UBAIC for the specific PERNR and overrode feature UBAAS for Box 16.   Please make sure their master data is accurate.  Then ran the Correction process to generate form 1095C for the employees and xml files for the IRS.   You may see the 2 sets of xml files that Mathias and Al encountered.   We loaded the xml set for the 1095C correction to the AIR system & was accepted.
0 Kudos

Margaret/Roger:   Would you please look at incident 144368.  We got this schema error (from IRS) after implementing all Notes (that were available on March 23).

SAP Support was getting a memory error when trying to re-create the problem and this has been going on since March 23.   We now believe we corrected the memory error so they should be able to re-create the problem in our system

Can you please take a look.    There is a space before the number in the tag:   Form1095AttachedCnt> 123</Form1095CAttachedCnt

This space happens in this tag for any RunIDs that we generate XML on and it not unique to any specific RunID.
Former Member
0 Kudos
Dear All,

I am getting error:

There is an error in ACA standard SAP Class

cl_hrpayus_employee_factory=>create

This class doesn’t create  correct instance of the following interface for certain retired employees with many assignments.

go_employee                    TYPE REF TO if_hrpayus_employee.

We get an error with Info Type 000 stating – Infotype 000 cannot be found. Infotype 000 exists on that particular record.

0 Kudos

Hi Roger,  I know this is an incredibly busy time for everyone but we are quickly approaching our 60 day deadline with IRS to have a corrected file submitted.  We first filed on Feb 21st so we only have a few days left.  We have opened incident 147138 / 2017 ACA: Corrections File cannot be created and implemented the notes as recommended with no success.  Could you possibly take a look for us?

Thanks and best regards,

Debbie S.
Former Member
0 Kudos
Mathias,

Thanks.  I am getting it put on now.  Once you applied it, did it correct/resolve your two sets of XML files being created for a correction run?

Best,

Al
mraffel
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Al,

yes, that last note fixed the 1094-C and XML problem we encountered.

Now we are just waiting for the IRS letter for a password reset....

Best,

Mathias
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Mathias,

Glad it resolved your issue.  We are still getting two XML files when we attempt to process a correction run after applying this latest note.  I may resort to submitting an incident with SAP and see what they say.

Thankfully, my HR team is still working through correcting the master data on those employees that kicked out so we aren't in total crisis mode to get these corrections submitted, but I am most certainly ready to get this done and over with!

Best,

Al
former_member109388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

The new version of SAP Knowledge Base Article 2458635 – Affordable Care Act (ACA) common issues

It aims to centralize some ACA issues and their corrections.

Regards,

Roger Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Team,

I am facing an issue with AATS communication testing issue with one of the Tax company.

This is the new tax company for the year 2016. We successfully submitted remaining 7 companies XML files to IRS which we did for 2015.

I have some doubts. Could you please clarify.

1. In which system (Quality  or Production) we need to do AATS test scenario.

2. Are there any mandatory SAP notes to be applied. (Already we submitted remaining 7 tax companies XML files to IRS)

3. Could you please send the link for User manual for AATS communication testing scenario.

4. Shall we need to prepare dummy benefit plan and employee for this testing.

Please advice us at the earliest.

Regards,

Sairam.

MWest
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sairam,

1. Quality system since you will be creating non-production test data

2. For list of mandatory SAP Notes, please see SAP Note 2359091 – Announcement Note for Affordable Care Act Information Reporting 2016

3. For more information on AATS 2016 testing and the cookbooks, please see SAP Note 2385115 - ACA: 2016 AATS Scenarios

4. You will need to follow the IRS AATS Narratives, which will be non-production test data. For helpful tips on creating test employees and benefit plans, please see:

1. ASUG Webcast: Affordable Healthcare Act (ACA) November 3, 2016: slide 6

2. ASUG Webcast: Affordable Healthcare Act (ACA) May,12: Note: Although this webcast was for reporting year 2015, the steps on slides 7-13 are similar for reporting year 2016 that you might find helpful.

Regards,

Margaret
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Margaret,

Thanks for the reply.

At present I am facing the below issue.

The Issue is as below.

[TPE1106] The manifest file does not match our current schema .In particular, our system identified a potential issue with the following elements. irs:EIN and documentSystemFileNm.

I have used the narraitves 7 for testing and EIN as per that 0000000710.

Could you please advice me to resolve the issue at the earliest.

Regards,

Sairam.

MWest
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sairam,

Please recheck your implementation of SAP Notes (make sure that all UDO reports were executed correctly (including the third step, when possible)), configuration (in particular the separate 2015 and 2016 date range in V_T77PAYUS_TXCMP), and implementation of the HR Attributes.

Regards,

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Margeret,

With your advice we were able to submit AATS communication file to IRS.

But it was rejected.

The errors are showing as below.

Form 1094C 'Business name' and 'Employer EIN' in Employer InformationGrp must match with IRS data base.

Form109495C Transmittal upstream / form 1094c upstream details/ Employer Information group/Employer EIN.

I have followed the Narraitives 7 and named tax company as TEST  carrtestseven.

Please advice us to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Sairam.

MWest
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Sairam,

Please ensure that your configuration matches the IRS AATS Narratives: https://www.irs.gov/for-tax-pros/software-developers/information-returns/affordable-care-act-assuran.... For example, ALE Name: Carrtestseven

Regards,

Margaret
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Margaret,

Now the error related to Form 1094C 'Business name' and 'Employer EIN' in Employer InformationGrp must match with IRS data base is rectified.

At present while downloading XML files are being saved with TEST prefix, which we were unable to upload to IRS site. IRS system is showing the rejection.

The Error showing as [TPE1106] DocumentSystemFileNm

Here I am attaching the screens related to the same.

The DocumentSystemFileNm in manifest file  including Prefix "TEST".

I have maintained the Tax company as TEST  with CARRTESTEVEN s details; Mapped the EIN number 000000710 to tax company TEST in EIN to BSI tax company node.

Also mapped Tax company to  to Tax authorities, Tax types, Employer ID number.

Please advice us at the earliest.

Regards,

Vikram.

MWest
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Sairam,

Please ensure that you have the appropriate entries as described in the Cookbook AATS Submission 7 document attached to SAP Note 2385115 – ACA: 2016 AATS Scenarios. For example, in the last section Communication Test, step 6 describes the appropriate entries for RPCBENUS_ACA_XML. In particular, please recheck step 6.c. Deselect Test mode.

Regards,

Margaret
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margaret,

Already we deselected Test mode while executing HRBENUS_ACA_XML

As per Narratives 7, we need to fill AATS TEST SCENARIO as 7; But I did not find field AATS TEST SCENARIO.

Some we need to restrict Prefix TEST in the generated Manifest XML file.

Please advice.

Regards,

Sairam.

MWest
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Sairam,

When you execute transaction HRBENUS_ACA_XML, AATS TEST SCENARIO is the last field on the parameter screen of this report.

Regards,

Margaret
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Margaret,

Thanks For your suggestion. By that, Prefix TEST in the generated Manifest XML file issue was solved.

But We are getting another error.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>

-<ns3:FormBCTransmitterSubmissionDtl xmlns:ns3="urn:us:gov:treasury:irs:msg:form1094-1095BCtransmittermessage" xmlns:ns2="urn:us:gov:treasury:irs:common" xmlns="urn:us:gov:treasury:irs:ext:aca:air:ty16">
-<ACATransmitterSubmissionDetail>
-<TransmitterErrorDetailGrp>
-<ns2:ErrorMessageDetail>

<ns2:ErrorMessageCd>HEADER-003</ns2:ErrorMessageCd>

<ns2:ErrorMessageTxt>The Header 'UniqueTransmissionId' must not be a duplicate of the 'UniqueTransmissionId' from another transmission</ns2:ErrorMessageTxt>

</ns2:ErrorMessageDetail>

</TransmitterErrorDetailGrp>

</ACATransmitterSubmissionDetail>

</ns3:FormBCTransmitterSubmissionDtl>

Could you please advice us to resolve the error.

Regards,

Vikram.
MWest
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Sairam,

It could be that you submitted the same file to the IRS again. You can call the IRS to determine the reason for this error in their system.

Regards,

Margaret
MWest
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Community,

Version 1.8 of the SAP ACA User Guide for 2016 is now available in SAP Note 2359091 – Announcement Note for Affordable Care Act Information Reporting 2016.

Regards,
Margaret

mraffel
Participant
Dear all!

Just an FYI... today we filed our corrections for the issues detected by the IRS based on our original filing.

We received the status 'Accepted' and are closing the project now.

Thank y'all for the ongoing support!

Best regards,

Mathias Raffel

debbieb_bcps
Participant
Mathias,

WOW, hooray for you and your colleagues!! I wanted to express my appreciation for the insight, advice and clarity that you have provided over the past 18 months via this blog. I have relied on the knowledge you have shared more times than I can say. I look forward to working with you on future projects, though hopefully they will not be as convoluted, complex or confounding as the ACA :-).

Debbie B

mraffel
Participant
Debbie!

Thank you for the kind words! I believe it was a great group effort with all of us helping each other and learning from each other! Your contributions were always insightful as well!

Definitely let's stay in touch for the next challenges. The new EEO-1 reporting change is on the list but still too early to say how it will play out.

Best regards,

Mathias

joelle_wilson
Explorer
0 Kudos
Al, have you made any further progress on not getting both the 1094 and 1095 XML files for your correction run?
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Joelle,

No, I have not made any further progress.  In fact, our HR team is still gathering all of the required/missing data, so I have hit the "pause" button until they can give me a subset to test with.  We recently refreshed our QA system from our PRD system so I have clean data to test with.

I have not checked for SAP Notes for a while so I wonder if there are now some additional ones to apply.

Thanks,

Al
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias:   I know this is the ACA blog, but since you mentioned the new EEO-1 reporting change, I was curious on how your company is approaching this.   Do you know if SAP will release the new reviewed report (which I believe is 3660 fields wide) and are you waiting for that?
A suggestion for improvement on the 2017 1095 form Part III Covered Individuals has the word employee spelled wrong in the sentence "If Employer provided self-insured coverage, check the box and enter the information for each covered individual enrolled in coverage, including the emlpoyee"

former_member109388
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Angi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I contacted the team responsible for the form they will consider this suggestion in the next reporting year.

We appreciate your feedback, this really helps us to improve the solution delivered.

Regards,

Roger Oliveira
mraffel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nancy!

We just kicked off the project and are looking at 3 options (homemade Excel report, 3 party payroll (PY) provider support, SAP's enhancement of the EEO-1 report). I am hoping for the SAP report but we do not have the W-2/W-3 data in SAP but rather our PY system. Time data we do have in SAP. Not sure yet how to merge the data. 

Curious, where did you see the '3660 fields wide' specification?

Have a great day and best regards,

Mathias

mraffel
Participant
0 Kudos
Nancy,

FYI, I just found this note: 2480243 - 2017 EEO-1 Survey - Revision of the Employer Information Report

Have a great weekend!

Mathias
0 Kudos

Will there be a new blog for 2017 PPACA? Thx
former_member109388
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Angi,

A new SAP JAM Group will be launched tomorrow (September 1).

Therefore, the link to access it will be released also tomorrow.

Please take a look at this blog post to access the new Jam Group.

Regards,

Roger Oliveira
MWest
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello SAP Customers,

For SAP ACA reporting year 2017, please join the new SAP JAM Collaboration Group: SAP ERP HCM Benefits Management USA. To request to join:

1. Send email to globalization@sap.com with the subject “ACA 2017” and brief message including your:
    1. company name
    2. name and title
    3. corporate email address (email domain must match company name registered with SAP)
  2. Receive approval email and follow the instructions to accept invitation to join

Note: Once you have joined the SAP JAM Group: SAP ERP HCM Benefits Management USA, join the Subgroup or Discussion Group ‘SAP ACA 2017’ to begin collaborating.

Regards,

Margaret

Debbie_Moses
Participant
0 Kudos
Sorry, but I'm such a novice at this.  I can create the chat, but I don't see the option to select margaret.west or rogerolvr
MWest
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Deborah,

Thanks for letting me know. Looking into this, will get back to you.

Regards,

Margaret
MWest
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Deborah,

Please see updated instructions above.

Thank you,

Margaret
0 Kudos
Dear all,

I am looking for help printing 1095C info out of SAP.  I would really like to be able to print the 1095c info out onto pressure seal forms.  Does anyone know if this is possible from SAP?
0 Kudos
Hi Landon,

I haven't tried this, but it should be possible.

I think you could create a z version of hrbenus_1095C_yyyy, import a blank pdf, position all the fields correctly according to your form, and run the print program (with the config to use your custom form, of course).  I think your spool file would then have just the information in the correct place on blank pages which you could then use to print on your forms.

Positioning the fields would likely be trial and error, printing and adjusting until everything is right were it belongs, but it should work.  A simple prototype should be easy to create and test.

Hopefully, that's a useful starting point.

Alex