Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello community,

This blog is not updated anymore, instead the blog for 2021 was created:
U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2021 | SAP Blogs

This is our U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2020 blog. If you have questions about 2020 Year-End reporting, you can post it here. This blog will be updated with tips, best practices and, SAP Notes related to this subject.

To be able to access the Year-end 2020 in the Globalization finder page you need to be logged on (similar to SAP Service Marketplace) because it is a gated area and would need authorization.

To review the planned Legal changes for US, start the Announcement of Legal Change application. You can find detailed information about the Announcement of legal changes on this blog.

SAP Notes

Tax reporter notes

2956914 - W-2 / 1099-R Forms, Envelopes and PR Approval letter for year 2020
2954621 - U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2020 Announcement
2955032 - Year End 2020 Phase I for U.S. Tax Reporter
2975038 - Year End 2020 Phase II for U.S. Tax Reporter
2994384 - (Prerequisite objects for SAP Note 2975038)
3001227 - Year End 2020 Phase III for U.S. Tax Reporter
3006708 - (Prerequisite objects for SAP Note 3001227)
3009810 - TR: Year End 2020 additional U.S. Tax Reporter changes.
3012513 - TR: Cleveland OH requires State Employer Account Number in RS record location 248
3010979 - TR: 1099-R Employee Form being generated for Distribution Codes with zero amounts
3012492 - TR: EFW2 file format changes for the Commonwealth of VA for Tax Year 2020
3017122 - TR: Idaho W-2 electronic file rejected by Tax Authority due to incorrect Date formatting in Record RS

General notes

2922369 - IMG: Runtime Error for 3PR Cluster Views V_T51RK_1 and V_T51RX
2990487 - BEN: Limits for retirement, savings plans and Health FSA contribution in tax year 2021
2991544 - RPCPRRU0: Exempt wage types incorrectly configured in TAXT group
3000740 - GARN: IRS Publication 1494 for tax year 2021

Taxes
3008339 - TAX: Community Safety Payroll Taxes for Eugene
3013127 - BSI: Enablement of Tax Type 106 for Concurrent Employment

Important:

If you had upgrade the system to SAPK-60886INSAPHRCUS you need to run report RPUPAV00 as explained in SAP note note which is included in this Support Package:
2923573 - FLSA: Extension of Infotypes 0015 and 0267 to Support Overtime Premium Over Bonuses

This is just for release 608, because infotypes 0015 and 0267 were extended and now have two additional fields so that you can inform the period of reference of the bonus payments. Due this you should run the report.

The ASUG HCM US Webcast 2020 Slide Deck has been attached to SAP Note 2954621 - U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2020 Announcement. In case you are an ASUG member, you can view the webcast recording via video on-demand.

Kind regards,
Graziela
303 Comments
Private_Member_78463
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi experts,

If any of you have clarification on the below, would greatly appreciate your input. SAP released note 2956914 regarding the 2020 W2 Forms; the note specifies a form number and details for the self-sealer form.

However, there is a planned legal announcements for 10/8/2020 that the SAP will be changing the self-sealer layout, here is the text:

• IRS has published a new version of Form W-2 for tax year 2020. There are changes to SSN, as well as Box 14 from form layout as such.

• This is to let you know that SAP Form W-2 Self Sealer copy supported by SAP will be adjusted, according to the IRS released Form W-2 and its instructions.

My question is can we order the self-sealer forms listed in 2956914, or will the upcoming changes render the form numbers listed useless?

Thanks in advance!
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Nick,

I talked to the Developer and the changes that are planned will not affect the form layout.

Kind regards,
Graziela
yseidy
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

SAP had previously announced that the year-end prerequisite service pack would be F7, released on October 8th. However, in looking at the notes included, there doesn't seem to be anything for year-end phase I. Does that mean F7 is no longer the pre-req for end of the year?

Thank you,

Yusef
CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Yusef,

Please refer to note 2954621:

For Year End 2020, the Minimum HRSPs and CLCs and their release dates are as follows:

SAP Release Pre-requisite HRSP for October CLC (SAP-HRCUS) Year End Base (HRSP/CLC) - SAP-HRCUS
Planned Availability -        
October 08, 2021
SAP Enhancement Package 8  (Ehp8) for ERP 6.0
* HR Renewal 2.0 (608)
80 + any CLC released till October 85
SAP Enhancement package 7 for ERP 6.0

SAP Enhancement Package 6 for ERP 6.0

SAP Enhancement Package 5 for ERP 6.0

SAP Enhancement Package 4 for ERP 6.0
F2 + any CLC released till October F7
SAP Enhancement Package 3 for ERP 6.0

SAP Enhancement Package  2 for ERP 6.

SAP ERP 6.0 (ECC 6.0)
I6 + any CLC released till October J1

Best Regards,
Carlos
yseidy
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you Carlos. I'm assuming the October 08, 2021 header for the right-most column is a typo and should be 2020, correct?
CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Yusef,

Yes, it's a typo. The correct date is on October 08, 2020. Just informed the developer to correct the note. Many thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Kind Regards,
Carlos
juli_thompson
Explorer
0 Kudos
I wanted to verify the Phase 1 note will be released later today?

former_member66268
Active Participant
0 Kudos
For the ASUG 2020 Webinar, I couldnt login to the webinar. There is no link in the ASUG event page. Is it possible to post the webinar link or the webinar content/document here?
CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Chandramouly,

Please access your ASUG perfil. Once you had registered for the meeting, you should be able to reach out the link from there.

Regards,
Carlos
former_member66268
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks Carlos. However I didnt find Webinar URL in the profile page or on the event page.  It only shows "You are registered" . Hopefully the recordings and the slides will be available after the fact.

Thanks

Chandra
CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Chandra,

Kindly check the email you had registered. You should have received a reminder 30min before the start of the meeting with its link.

In any case, ASUG will be sending out the recording and slides to all registrants tomorrow.

Thanks in advance,

Carlos
CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Juli,

Phase I was already released under SAP Note 2955032 – Year End 2020 Phase I for U.S. Tax Reporter.

Best Regards,
Carlos

jahnavi_kavuru
Explorer
Hello All,

I registered and attended the ASUG seminar for year end and received the email with link for webcast. However, I don't find any webcast through that link. Only take me to this page, but not able to access webcast after logging in. Any ideas why?

https://www.asug.com/events/hcm-us-payroll-and-tax-reporting-year-end-update-2020

Thanks,

Jahnavi
archana_sharma
Explorer
Same Here. I also got the email from ASUG but when I tried to access the link, It does not has access to that webcast - HCM US Payroll and Tax Reporting Year End Update 2020. I also try using chrome but was not able to get to the webcast. ASUG needs to look into this

Thanks

Archana Sharma
CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Jahnavi,

Please contact ASUG to check this issue.
As per their update during the webcast yesterday, both the recording and the slides would be sent to all registrants today.

Best Regards,
Carlos

CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Archana,

Kindly reach out ASUG to check on that.
As per their update during the webcast yesterday, both the recording and the slides would be sent to all registrants today.

Kind Regards,
Carlos
Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
Hi Carlos

Can you please have someone with SAP either check with ASUG or provide the slide deck here as it will help customers out for the HCM US Payroll and Tax Reporting Year End Update 2020

Thanks in advance as should be no need for lots of individual companies to reach out to ASUG to get a SAP PRESENTATION.

Regards,

Jarret
CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Jarret,

We are checking it internally with ASUG.

Best Regards,
Carlos
former_member66268
Active Participant
Thanks for bringing this up. The redesigned ASUG website is a disgrace and unlike the previous version of their website, the old "content" and "forum" sections are no longer available in the new design. I thought those were the most popular sections of the ASUG!

Thanks

Chandra
Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
Thanks as much appreciated
CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Community,

Please check your emails. ASUG has sent a new email to all registrants with the correct links of the slides and the webcast that had happened on October, 8th.

If you still face some issue with it, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Carlos

former_member66268
Active Participant
Thanks Carlos.  The slide deck and the webcast is available in ASUG website now. The email should take you directly to that page.

Thanks

Chandra
Manikak
Explorer
Hi Everybody,

Thank you for attending HCM US Payroll and Tax Reporting Year End Update 2020. The slides and recording for this webcast are now available for your reference should you wish to review the materials presented. Please refer to -

Best of Luck for Year End 2020!

Best Regards,

Mani
maddilety_kanuku
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi All,

Is there a link where we have all Year End 2020 related material available, like trouble shooting claims process, yana, yava processing steps etc.

Please advise once you have few minutes.

Thank you!
CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Kanuku,

You can keep a track on this blog. It will be updated regularly with all the news of Year End 2020.
Regarding some specific topics and processes (e.g. YANA/YAWA), you can always use the SAP Help to look for some documentation.

Regards,
Carlos
maddilety_kanuku
Active Contributor
Hi Carlos, SAP Help is fine.

But every year end, SAP used to make bunch of materials/documents available for the user guides/resources and store at this link www.service.sap.com/hrusa, this is old, do we have similar resources now?

Please let me know once you have few minutes.

former_member87421
Active Participant

Hi sapmaddiletykanuku ,

Are you referring to the SAP HCM U.S. Tax Reporter Solution document? All the SAP Note numbers with Year End relevant user guides, cookbooks, checklists are linked within appropriate sections of this solution document.

Page can be found at https://support.sap.com/en/product/globalization/hcm-erp.html , under United States > Find all US-related documentation in the SAP ERP US Tax Reporter Solution PDF asset.

Best regards,

Virginia

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Thanks, Mani!
maddilety_kanuku
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thank you, we will review it, hoping this section will be keep on updating as we progress towards year end.

Warm Regards!
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Kanuku,

Yes, we will keep the blog updated.

Kind regards,
Graziela
former_member97828
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Where can I find exact date / estimation for release of Nov. HRSP?

I have to plan system upgrades, hence the question.

Thanks,

Viren

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
former_member97828
Discoverer
Merci Graziela. That was very helpful.
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
No problem. 🙂
archana_sharma
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela, - Do you know Mandatory Cyclic Level related to BSI for year end activities ?

Thanks

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Archana,

SAP recommends to always update the Cyclic and TUB level.
As per the slides attached to note 2954621 – U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2020 Announcement, page 17.

Cyclic TF11.B.1 and TF 10.X.2.

I know that BSI has just released a new cyclic, so my recommendation will be apply it, as it has some changes in the Reverse Tax Engine.

Regards,
Graziela
archana_sharma
Explorer
Thanks Graziela
Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
B1 is still the latest cyclic available for TF 11 from BSI's website. I've seen references to Cyclic C in an SAP Note, but it's not actually out there as of this morning.
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Matt,

This will be released sooner.

Regards,
Graziela
0 Kudos
Hi Expert,  After upgradation, PU19 test gives dump and SSNT, OSSNT  fields are missing in
HR_F_W2_MULT_11. Kindly suggest.
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Dear customer,

I noticed you already opened an incident about this. I already replied it.

Please, use the field in SM34, "Form Processing Indicator", unchecked it, save, and check it again. Make sure you have authorization to udpate SAP standard objects.

These steps will update the structure.

Kind regards,
Graziela
Thank you for quick response!
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

Could you please elaborate the steps? Actually we have tried with SM34 but could not found standard view cluster where we can uncheck the "Form Processing Indicator" and add SSNT field save, check.

Regards,

Sheetal
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Sheetal,

Go to SM34, select V_T51T8, select Molga 10,  Position -> inform HR_F_W2 and select, in the dialog structure, select Tax Form Fields (double click), position select SSNT and change, you will se the field "Form Processing Indicator". Now you just need to uncheck the box, save, check the box again and save.

Kind Regards,
Graziela
amanda_fulcher
Explorer
Hi Graziela,

We recently applied the current HRCUS 85 in our test system. We are in the process of testing the Payroll Reconciliation report - RPCPRRU0 using Wage Type Application CCW2 and we receive the error message "You must include the corresponding /4XX wage type" How can we resolve this?

Thank you,

Amanda
former_member710647
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Carlos

We need only apply this note 2955032 Or you need apply other prerequisite?

I am trying apply and say cannot implemented.

Thank you

Tatiana

CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Tatiana,

Note 2955032 does not have corrections instructions and so that you won't be able to apply it via snote.
Just like all Tax Reporter Year End notes, note 2955032 is only applicable via support package.

Kind Regards,
Carlos
former_member710647
Discoverer
Carlos

Thank You So much.

Kind Regards,

Tatiana

Hello SAP team,

We are in the same situation as Amanda above, after upgrading to Support Pack level 85. Any update on the note/solution? I should add, we are in a concurrent employment (CE) environment, not sure, if that makes any difference. How can we resolve this?

Error

Reconciliation report – RPCPRRU0 using Wage Type Application CCW2 and we receive the error message “You must include the corresponding /4XX wage type” 

Thanks,

Mushtaq.

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Amanda,

As work around you can use the wage type application CSUI.
For the other wage type application in checking with Developer, once I have any update I will post here.

Regards,
Graziela