Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello community,

This blog is not updated anymore, instead the blog for 2021 was created:
U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2021 | SAP Blogs

This is our U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2020 blog. If you have questions about 2020 Year-End reporting, you can post it here. This blog will be updated with tips, best practices and, SAP Notes related to this subject.

To be able to access the Year-end 2020 in the Globalization finder page you need to be logged on (similar to SAP Service Marketplace) because it is a gated area and would need authorization.

To review the planned Legal changes for US, start the Announcement of Legal Change application. You can find detailed information about the Announcement of legal changes on this blog.

SAP Notes

Tax reporter notes

2956914 - W-2 / 1099-R Forms, Envelopes and PR Approval letter for year 2020
2954621 - U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2020 Announcement
2955032 - Year End 2020 Phase I for U.S. Tax Reporter
2975038 - Year End 2020 Phase II for U.S. Tax Reporter
2994384 - (Prerequisite objects for SAP Note 2975038)
3001227 - Year End 2020 Phase III for U.S. Tax Reporter
3006708 - (Prerequisite objects for SAP Note 3001227)
3009810 - TR: Year End 2020 additional U.S. Tax Reporter changes.
3012513 - TR: Cleveland OH requires State Employer Account Number in RS record location 248
3010979 - TR: 1099-R Employee Form being generated for Distribution Codes with zero amounts
3012492 - TR: EFW2 file format changes for the Commonwealth of VA for Tax Year 2020
3017122 - TR: Idaho W-2 electronic file rejected by Tax Authority due to incorrect Date formatting in Record RS

General notes

2922369 - IMG: Runtime Error for 3PR Cluster Views V_T51RK_1 and V_T51RX
2990487 - BEN: Limits for retirement, savings plans and Health FSA contribution in tax year 2021
2991544 - RPCPRRU0: Exempt wage types incorrectly configured in TAXT group
3000740 - GARN: IRS Publication 1494 for tax year 2021

Taxes
3008339 - TAX: Community Safety Payroll Taxes for Eugene
3013127 - BSI: Enablement of Tax Type 106 for Concurrent Employment

Important:

If you had upgrade the system to SAPK-60886INSAPHRCUS you need to run report RPUPAV00 as explained in SAP note note which is included in this Support Package:
2923573 - FLSA: Extension of Infotypes 0015 and 0267 to Support Overtime Premium Over Bonuses

This is just for release 608, because infotypes 0015 and 0267 were extended and now have two additional fields so that you can inform the period of reference of the bonus payments. Due this you should run the report.

The ASUG HCM US Webcast 2020 Slide Deck has been attached to SAP Note 2954621 - U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2020 Announcement. In case you are an ASUG member, you can view the webcast recording via video on-demand.

Kind regards,
Graziela
303 Comments
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Mushtaq,

I noticed that you already opened an incident for this.
As informed to Amanda you can use the CSUI, meantime I´m discussing this with Developer.

Regards,
Graziela
Thanks Graziela.
amanda_fulcher
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you Graziela,

The CSUI does work but along with the CCW2, the C941and TAXT application gives the same error "You must include the corresponding /4xx wage type".

Thanks,

Amanda
cbird
Explorer
0 Kudos
Is there an estimated date when TF 11 Cyclic C will be certified and released?
KumarG
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi All,

We are producing the PDF W-2 standard form, HR_F_W2_MULT_11, for the employee copy. Would like to know best practices used for mailing the W-2 forms to the employees. Is the form mailed using the fully covered envelope, or envelope with the window.

Thanks

Kumar

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Kumar,

Please, check note:
2956914 - W-2 / 1099-R Forms, Envelopes and PR Approval letter for year 2020

Kind regards,
Graziela
KumarG
Explorer
Hi Graziela,

Thank you for your help.

Kumar

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Christopher,

I have talked to the developer, they are still working on certifying the cyclic.
Once this is available I will publish here, we don´t have a estimate date yet.

Kind regards,
Graziela
aruba2017
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Graziela,

We are running into the exact issue as well and would like to know a fix for this ASAP because we are planning to go-live on 11/14/2020. .

Thanks,

Duong

JagadeeshB
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi All,

We have recently installed SP Upgrade F0 to F8. We have run Payrolls before and after the installation of SP update, after the installation of SP update we are seeing Payroll difference in the wage type /559. We have raised oss message with SAP and SAP rep says this doesn't come under SAP scope even if the differences are coming after the SP upgrade.

Please let us know if anyone is also seeing differences in /559 wage type after the SP upgrade.

Thanks!

Jagadeesh.

former_member66268
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Is anyone using the Multiple Worksite - Combined report in tax reporter (not the state level report)? our employee population exceeds 60k and each time we run for the largest tax company, it runs forever and never completes.

Thanks

Chandra
aruba2017
Explorer

Hi Grazilela,

FYI, that I have resolved our issue.

What I did was just comment out Function  UPAR1 – BSI version flag in the SubSchema.

We are using custom Schema and SubSchema.

We are on BSI Version 11 and it does not play well with it because I recalled having to do the same with our Payroll SubSchema.

Regards,

Duong

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Duong,

Glad to heard that! Thank you for the update.

Regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Chandra,

Could you confirm if you already opened an incident about this?

Kind regards,
Graziela
former_member66268
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Not yet, I will be opening today or tomorrow.

Thanks

Chandra
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

Should we still expect a note to resolve this error?

Regards,

Monica
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Monica,

I will reach out the Developer tomorrow to get an update and I will let you know.

I think so, but I will confirm.

Thanks,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Chandra,

Just make sure constant TRSMP is set to ON in T511K. If this still not work, I will analyse the scenario.

Thank you,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello all,

Just got an update from Developer, the cyclic has been certified by SAP.

Kind regards,
Graziela
former_member66268
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks graziela.dondoni  . Yes, the TRSMP is set to ON. I have started the job this morning (with TRSMP ON) but its still running. I opened a ticket. Take a look whenever possible.

Thanks

Chandra
former_member66268
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hello SAP team, our tax team has indicated couple of new taxes coming through effective 1/1/2021.  I wanted to ask if SAP is aware and/or working on it.

Connecticut Paid Family Leave Tax, effective 1/1/21. Details available here

Eugene, Oregon city tax, effective 1/1/21. Details available here

I did not see these listed in the Announcement of legal change, so was wondering. I'm assuming CT PFML would be just a BSI update but guessing the Eugene one may involve both SAP and BSI changes.

Any updates would be helpful.

Thanks

Chandra
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Monica,

I have confirmed that a note will be released. Once this is published I will post here.

Regards,
Graziela
Hi Jagadeesh,

Did you see any difference in Federal or state withholding? could you please explain about once Specific scenario?

Thanks!

Gopi Meka

Thank you Graziela.

Regards,

Monica

JackieN
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

Hoping you can assist, after upgrading to the latest HR support pack 85 certain Finance transactions (FB50) are generating runtime errors and no longer post documents successfully.  We've had an open message with SAP since 11/2 with no progress or solution to date. I've requested escalations through the 800 # and our account manager several times but it has not helped.  I'm concerned that we will be unable to move forward with our planned HR support pack upgrade in the live Production system given the instability the updates caused to Finance posting transactions. Would appreciate any guidance or assistance you can provide for us.

Here is the open message we have with SAP.

758210 / 2020 FB50: While posting accounting doc getting error : SQL error "SQL code: 339" occurred while accessing table

Thanks,

Jackie
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

We've noticed that system is not considering the 27th pay period while calculating the Garnishment deduction.

We encountered this issue when the deduction in IT0195 is keyed in as 'Monthly normalised amount'.

eg: Monthly normalised deduction amount of $173.33.

Bi -weekly deduction - 173.33 / 12 * 27 = $77.035.

However, the calculation is based on 26 pay periods, which is $80 bi weekly deduction. It seems the UGARN function is ignoring the 27th pay check.

We're seeing this issue post upgrade to the system and we're currently at HRSP stack level 82.

Thanks

Madhav
NWL
Explorer

2877988 GARN: Monthly normalized over deducting
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Jackie,

I don´t have knowledge in FI component. My recommendation to you is to reach out your Support Representative again, and clarify how urgent this is to the Business.

Kind regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Chandra,

SAP is aware about this.
The requirements are in draft and we are waiting for the publication.

There is already 2 tickets number in BSI side for these changes.

Kind regards,
Graziela
alicia_robinson
Participant
Graziela -

Do we know an expected release date for these changes since they both start 1/1/2021?

Our first payroll of the year unfortunately runs on 1/1/2021 and we need to know how to handle both of these if they are not available before then.

Thanks,

Alicia
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Alicia,

I recommend to you to reach out BSI for further details about this.
They already the tickets opened about this.

Thank you,
Graziela
alicia_robinson
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks for the quick reply!!

I will contact them today.
former_member66268
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks graziela.dondoni  for the update. I'm little confused on your statement relating to the requirements are in draft and awaiting publication. Are you referring to the actual local requirements relating to these taxes? I thought these two (CT PFML and Eugene, OR taxes) are all signed into law and published. Is that not the case?

Thanks

Chandra
Thank you Aman!

This note explains the change.

Madhav
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Chandra,

This is what I heard, in this case, I believe the better way to clarify is with BSI.
I hope that just a new tax type can be created, so just the tax model in SAP side needs to be changed.

Regards,
Graziela
JackieN
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

Appreciate your response, we just confirmed payroll postings are also failing.  Basically any transaction posting to table BSEG is failing.  Unfortunately, we haven received promising attention from our account manager after several email request for prioritization.  SAP has bounced the message across multiple teams and is with development team now but still no answers.

Thanks,

Jackie
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Jackie,

You can also call to CIC, the contact number is available on 560499 note.
This team can help to analyse the Business Impact and adjust the case priority if needed.

Regards,
Graziela
alicia_robinson
Participant
0 Kudos
Chandra -

I contacted BSI yesterday and this was the response that I received:

Thank you for your email. BSI is aware of the CT PFML and Eugene OR and this issue is with the Research Group.

You will be provided with the status of your request as soon as it is available.

This doesn't sound like they have even started on the changes, but it is my understanding these are already passed into law by the taxing authorities.  I'm not sure I understand the delay.

Thanks,

Alicia
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Alicia,

I will share this with Developer and the information this is already published and not draft.

Thank you,
Graziela
former_member66268
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hello jackie.alvarez  - thanks for posting the issue here. I dont think I can help but did you apply only the HR support packs or did you apply all support packs (finance, and other modules). We only applied the HR support pack 85 and but we havnt done any testing for finance transactions till now!

Thanks

Chandra
JackieN
Explorer
Hi Chandra,

We only applied HR support pack 85 and an SAP_UI update which was required.  At first it appears the FI document gets posted since you do get successful message but when you go to display the document it doesn't exist and there is where we are encountering an update termination message.  Hopefully, it's just happening for us:)  We are still waiting a reply from SAP.

Thanks,

Jackie
Debbie_Moses
Participant
0 Kudos
We implemented NW 7.4 SP22 to NW 7.4 SP24, and are now getting a short dump when accessing SPRO  Payroll 3rd Party maintain HR payees for regular remittance. Below is info from the dump. Has anyone else had any issues or recognize this error?

sukhbir_singh3
Explorer
Hello

Check note 2922369 - IMG: Runtime Error for 3PR Cluster Views V_T51RK_1 and V_T51RX

Sukhbir
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Jackie,

I did a note search using term BSEG and I found notes:

2983084 BSEG-QSZNR not updated in case of extended withholding tax
2962194 FBL*N optimization of BSEG special field selection
2984437 Source document and FI documents in BKPF and BSEG are missing, but environment documents exist in Accounting

These notes are from FI, I´m not sure if you already have this corrections in your system, but if you don´t this might be helpful.

As I´m not expert, not sure if they are relevant.

Kind regards,
Graziela
Debbie_Moses
Participant
0 Kudos
sukhbir.singh2  that worked perfectly! Thank you so much!
JackieN
Explorer
Thank you Graziela!  The last note looks promising, will share with our Basis team to see if relevant.
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Dear community,

Phase II note has been released:
2975038 - Year End 2020 Phase II for U.S. Tax Reporter
SAP Note need to be applied before 2994384 (Prerequisite objects for SAP Note 2975038) and you need to run report NOTE_2994384, before implementing Phase II.

Kind regards,
Graziela

evelyn_barbosa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good Morning community:

We have applied Supports Stacks and CLC’s and are currently on

ERP 6.0 SPS 19

HRSP ECC 6.04 EhP4 F5

HRSP ECC 6.07 EHP7 A6

CLC’s SAPK-604 F7

NW 7.40 SPS 22

Has anyone found the following when running Third Party Posting Document program RPURMP00 the spools gives the following:

A section with:

Create Third-Party Remittance Posting Run  

Due date change for HR payee on the basis of an accumulator

And a section with:

Create Third-Party Remittance Posting Run

HR payees for direct FI update via RFC

In this section it indicates HR doc reference, HR payee reference, Eval Run, amounts, posting number with a short description indicated in red as “not updated”.  This message is given for a large number of Eval runs going back to 2008 and they are all related to our IRS vendor.

While doing testing I encountered the same thing.  The TP posting documents did get created and I was able to post them but it was not done for an entire payroll run.

If anyone has any feedback and or indication of any potential issues with this it would be  appreciated.

Thanks,

Evelyn Campos

former_member271521
Participant
0 Kudos
Do we have any timeline from SAP/BSI when these will be delivered? they are part of Year Begin so are critical to have timeline ready. We do need SAP note here for T5UTD/T5UTX updates, I don't think they are just tax model changes. we always get note from SAP for new tax types.

also do we expect any Phase-III in December? what changes does it contain?

Thanks

Gayathri
alicia_robinson
Participant
0 Kudos
I have had no other communication from BSI on this after my initial inquiry.  I was hoping they would get something released because my payroll team is pushing for me to create a "custom" code for Eugene, OR that we would just have to go back and change once the SAP/BSI changes are released.

Any updates on release date would be appreciated as this has to come from both BSI and SAP (at least in my opinion).