Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello community,

This blog is not updated anymore, instead the blog for 2021 was created:
U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2021 | SAP Blogs

This is our U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2020 blog. If you have questions about 2020 Year-End reporting, you can post it here. This blog will be updated with tips, best practices and, SAP Notes related to this subject.

To be able to access the Year-end 2020 in the Globalization finder page you need to be logged on (similar to SAP Service Marketplace) because it is a gated area and would need authorization.

To review the planned Legal changes for US, start the Announcement of Legal Change application. You can find detailed information about the Announcement of legal changes on this blog.

SAP Notes

Tax reporter notes

2956914 - W-2 / 1099-R Forms, Envelopes and PR Approval letter for year 2020
2954621 - U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2020 Announcement
2955032 - Year End 2020 Phase I for U.S. Tax Reporter
2975038 - Year End 2020 Phase II for U.S. Tax Reporter
2994384 - (Prerequisite objects for SAP Note 2975038)
3001227 - Year End 2020 Phase III for U.S. Tax Reporter
3006708 - (Prerequisite objects for SAP Note 3001227)
3009810 - TR: Year End 2020 additional U.S. Tax Reporter changes.
3012513 - TR: Cleveland OH requires State Employer Account Number in RS record location 248
3010979 - TR: 1099-R Employee Form being generated for Distribution Codes with zero amounts
3012492 - TR: EFW2 file format changes for the Commonwealth of VA for Tax Year 2020
3017122 - TR: Idaho W-2 electronic file rejected by Tax Authority due to incorrect Date formatting in Record RS

General notes

2922369 - IMG: Runtime Error for 3PR Cluster Views V_T51RK_1 and V_T51RX
2990487 - BEN: Limits for retirement, savings plans and Health FSA contribution in tax year 2021
2991544 - RPCPRRU0: Exempt wage types incorrectly configured in TAXT group
3000740 - GARN: IRS Publication 1494 for tax year 2021

Taxes
3008339 - TAX: Community Safety Payroll Taxes for Eugene
3013127 - BSI: Enablement of Tax Type 106 for Concurrent Employment

Important:

If you had upgrade the system to SAPK-60886INSAPHRCUS you need to run report RPUPAV00 as explained in SAP note note which is included in this Support Package:
2923573 - FLSA: Extension of Infotypes 0015 and 0267 to Support Overtime Premium Over Bonuses

This is just for release 608, because infotypes 0015 and 0267 were extended and now have two additional fields so that you can inform the period of reference of the bonus payments. Due this you should run the report.

The ASUG HCM US Webcast 2020 Slide Deck has been attached to SAP Note 2954621 - U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2020 Announcement. In case you are an ASUG member, you can view the webcast recording via video on-demand.

Kind regards,
Graziela
303 Comments
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Gayathri,

A note is created just when the tax type doesn´t exist in T5UTT.
If this is already created just the Sync Tool is enough to update T5UTD and T5UTX.

Regarding the timeline, please reach out BSI.

Thank you,
Graziela
former_member353481
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

I posted this question in another blog, sorry to ask it here again. We are currently on SP 60885INSAPHRCUS, is there any news on when this note might be released that fixes the recon report?

Thanks,

Thomas
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Just checked it and this is released to customer.

2991544-RPCPRRU0: Exempt wage types incorrectly configured in TAXT group

Regards,
Graziela

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mushtaq,

The note 2991544-RPCPRRU0: Exempt wage types incorrectly configured in TAXT group is now released to all customers.

Kind regards,
Graziela

0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

I think you meant to say, it is now released to all customers.

Thanks for the correction note 🙂

Regards,

Mushtaq.

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Yes! thank you! I fixed the typo.
former_member715995
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello,

We have just implemented Support stacks in our system, we are right now on support pack level 19 and F8. After the implementation all our taxes went for a toss. Looks like the note 2878567 has been made obsolete and was deimplemented, when we are trying to implement the note it says already implemented,

For example we have an EE with Credits for dependent as $4000 on 210 but we are still seeing Fed Tax withholding for the EE and we dont see edc de tc in the USTAX section, which we used to see after the above note is impelemented in May 2020.

Is Anybody else seeing this issue and are able to fix it.

Thanks,
former_member715995
Discoverer
0 Kudos
The note number is 2878657.
Randall_A
Explorer
0 Kudos
We applied note 2991544, but it did not resolve the error “You must include the corresponding /4xx wage type".
PoonamU
Discoverer
0 Kudos
We recently upgraded to SP 85 and it looks like one of the state withholding changes with SP85 is that Federal additional withholding amount is now being included in the state withholding calculation for employees in states that do not have a state row in infotype 210.

Did anyone else notice the same issue. We have already created a ticket with SAP.
0 Kudos
Hello Graziela,

This note fix did not work for us either.

Regards,

Monica
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Randall,

I found the reason for that. Developer is working on another note.

Regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Monica,

The note fixed the TAXT group, developer will release one to fix the CSUI as well.

Kind regards,
Graziela
lisa_robinson1
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

There are 2 new form groups (QSL1 and QFL1) provided for Families First information in Box 14 but the way our user group interprets Notice 2020-54 there should be three groupings:

1. Qualified Sick Leave Wages paragraphs 1-3 “sick leave wages subject to the $511 per day limit;”

2. Qualified Sick Leave Wages paragraphs 4-6 “sick leave
    wages subject to the $200 per day limit.”

3. Qualified Family Leave Wages - “emergency family leave wages.”

I would appreciate any information you can provide.

Thank you.

former_member353481
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

Thank you for replying to our queries. Actually, in my testing, CSUI is the only variant working. TAXT, C941, CCW2 are all failing with the message "You must include the corresponding /4XX wage type".

We are currently on 60885INSAPHRCUS.

Thanks,

Thomas
former_member66268
Active Participant
0 Kudos

graziela.dondoni,   for CT PFML, I presume it will be an existing tax type (probably 87).

However the Eugene, OR is a slightly different and complicated. The city calls it as a “Community Safety Payroll Tax” (I do not see anything matching this in T5UTT). And the EE tax rates are based on EE hourly rate of pay – if the hourly pay rate is below $15, the tax rate is 0.3% and if its above $15, the tax rate is 0.44%. Also there are definitions of what hours and wages are to be included and what is not (for e.g. overtime pay is included in the taxable wages but overtime hours are not included to calculate the hourly rate). SAP does send a total hours worked to BSI in the interface but that total hours may or may not be applicable for calculating the hourly rate per the city guidelines. Currently in the tax model we do not have a way to include the $ for the taxable wage base but not include for the hours worked. Also the ER tax wage base includes total wages but the EE tax wage base does not include pre-tax deductions.

So at this point I’m not sure if this is only BSI side of the changes. I’m thinking there could be changes in SAP side as well. The sooner we have clarity on this it is better for us.

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Chandra,

Thank you for the udpate.
I just shared this with Developer.

Regards,
Graziela
former_member271521
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi,

Does anyone have issue with PR W2 for box 16 with Code E, this code is not exempt upto $40k when PR young employee has more than $40k with combined box 7 & box 8 values. I have just logged OSS.

Thanks

Gayathri
MandarMuley
Explorer
0 Kudos
When will SAP release note for Publication 1494?

Thanks

Mandar
stevenan
Participant
Hello Mandar,

I always go to irs.gov and get the publication.  I update the tables (T5UGE/F) manually.

Best regards, Anna
former_member66268
Active Participant
0 Kudos
FYI - CT PFML tax is being released in TUBs level 36 (TF11) and 203 (TF10). Refer to note 2646985 for more details.
psrinivas12
Participant
Hi Mandar,

I got the pub 1494 for year 2021 from IRS.gov and uploaded tables T5UGE and T5UGF.  This is because SAP delivers them rather late for the 1st weekly pay period of 2021.

You can use excel to calculate the values in one column and then cut and paste about 20 values at a time into V_T5UGE.

Paddy
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Mandar,

I talked to the developer and he said the plan is to be released by next friday.

But as Anna mentioned you can take the values from the publication and update the tables T5UGE and T5UGF:
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1494.pdf

Basically the SAP note will ask to do the same.

Kind regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Gayathri,

A colleague has been assigned to the incident you opened and give you an update.

Kind regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Poonam,

The ticket has been assigned to a colleague who will investigate the scenario.

Kind regards,

Graziela
0 Kudos
I Graziela,

We are in the same situation as Thomas M below.  Only the CSUI variant works.  We need the C941 and W2 variants to work as well but the note provided did not resolve that.

Regards,

Monica
former_member66268
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Use V_T5UGE_A and V_T5UGF_A  tables/views in SM30 for easier data entry. These two new view tables was released last year and is easier to copy paste from excel.
0 Kudos
Lisa,

We also interpret the notice as needing three groupings for Box 14.  Is there any additional information on this?

Thanks!
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Lisa,

I have reached out developer and product manager yesterday.
When I get an update I will let you know.

Regards,
Graziela
JackieN
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

We still have an open message with SAP to address the payroll reconciliation report since the note did not resolve our issue and we still are experiencing the same error message.  Would you please check status for us and advise when we can expect to receive a fix.

792658/2020 Payroll Reconciliation Report-Error

Thanks,

Jackie
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Jackie,

The message is in Development Queue for correction.

I recommend you to reach out the CIC to get an update from the processor.

The contact information is available on SAP note 560499.

Kind regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Lisa,

This will be available on Phase III note.
Developer are working to update the Announcement of Legal change, I will post here once I got the link.

Regards,
Graziela
karthikeyanbalu
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

Any update on the fix note for this. I notice the error for CCW2 still there after making the changes as per note 2991544.

Appreciate your support and response.

Thanks

Karthik
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Lisa/Cindy,

The ESPLA will be splitted, there wont be total for ESPLA on Form W-2 Box 14 anymore.
The Tax Form Field delivered earlier will be overwritten) and here is what it will look like on Box 14 as a split (from Wage type mapping):

• “EPSLA <= $511 per day 511.00 “  (whatever the amount that meets the $511 limit)
    • Wage type /4K0 (Employer Individual PSL Credit)
  • “EPSLA <= $200 per day 200.00” (whatever the amount that meets the $200 limit)
    • Wage type /4K1 (Employer Family PSL Credit)

Further details are available on the announcement of legal changes:

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/legalchangenotification/NoteInforSet/jira=GSREQAMER-1519/TwoColu... ONE Support Launchpad

Kind regards,
Graziela

lisa_robinson1
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Graziela,

Thank you for you assistance.  I think the link you provided might need updating...it looks like it links to legal change for Belgium but I will keep a watch out for the changes.  Thank you again.

Best regards,

Lisa
Thanks Graziela.
evelyn_barbosa
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

We upgraded two weeks ago to SAPK-604F7INSAPHRCUS and are getting this same error while running Wage Applications C941, CCW2.

I see others are having the same issue, is there any update on this issue yet?

Thank you so much for your attention to this matter.

Evelyn Campos
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Evelyn,

As per developers we should get something this week.
I will keep you posted.

Kind regards,

Graziela
stevenan
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello,

I have the same issue with TAXT, C941, and CCW2.  The only WT Application working is CSUI.  I have completed manual steps provided in all of the notes released so far.  I do not understand why we have this issue again as we did have it with CSUI after applying notes over the summer.

Thanks, Anna
This note 3001862 was just released today it looks like it addresses the CCW2 and C941 issue maybe.

This note was released today 3001862 looks like it addresses the issue maybe

stevenan
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello,

I have applied the manual instructions for this note and it does not fix the issues.

Thanks, Anna
evelyn_barbosa
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you Graziela!
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Evelyn,

The note is now released to all customers:

3001862-RPCPRRU0: Exempt wage types incorrectly configured in CCW2 and C941 subapplications

Kind regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Anna,

Please, apply:
3001862-RPCPRRU0: Exempt wage types incorrectly configured in CCW2 and C941 subapplications

Thank you,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Thanks, Travis!
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Karthik,

Please, try 3001862-RPCPRRU0: Exempt wage types incorrectly configured in CCW2 and C941 subapplications

Kind regards,
Graziela
stevenan
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Graziela,

I already applied the notes and nothing is fixed.  I think there is something missing.  I am also tired of the error completely closing the transaction.  This is very frustrating.  After the error, we should be returned to the selection screen.

Thanks, Anna
former_member66268
Active Participant
FYI - note 3000740 (publication 1494) has been released.
evelyn_barbosa
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

I have applied the manual changes on Note 3001862 and I am still getting the same error as Anna above.

Hope you guys can work on a resolution soon, we really need to have this issue resolved.

Thanks so much for your attention to this matter.

Evelyn Campos