Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello community,

As the Q1 due date in April 30th, this blog is not updated anymore. The blog for 2022 has been created, if you have any question, please post there.

Another Year with our U.S. Tax Reporter Year End blog. If you have questions about 2021 Year-End reporting, you can post it here. This blog will be updated with tips, best practices and, SAP Notes related to this subject.

To be able to access the Year-end 2021 in the Globalization finder page you need to be logged on (similar to SAP Service Marketplace) because it is a gated area and would need authorization.

To review the planned Legal changes for US, start the Announcement of Legal Change application. You can find detailed information about the Announcement of legal changes on this blog.

Year End notes

3082167 - U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2021 Announcement 
3085142 - Year End 2021 Phase I for U.S. Tax Reporter -> You can just apply this note via Support Package
3082151 - W-2 / 1099-R Forms, Envelopes and PR Approval letter for year 2021
3100510 - Year End 2021 Phase II for U.S. Tax Reporter -> You must apply the prerequisite note and run the report NOTE_3100510, which is delivered in the prerequisite note:
3120702 - (Prerequisite objects for SAP Note 3100510)
3132965 - Year End 2021 phase III for U.S. Tax Reporter -> You must apply the prerequisite note and run the report NOTE_3134256, which is delivered in the prerequisite note:
3134256 - (Prerequisite objects for SAP Note 3132965).
3123716 - TR: Short dump when generating a Form W-2 that reports a 3-Digit Tax Type
3135634 - TR: Eugene Tax Type 106 not processed into Third party for W2 (FED) TemSe file
3136264 - TR: multiple blank output W-2 form pages for New Jersey employees
3138406 - TR: Year End 2021 additional U.S. Tax Reporter changes.
3138997 - TR: Q4/2021 changes for OH ICESA file format
3138872 - Tax Year is missing on W2 form for USERRA
3143778 - TR: Year end 2021 additional U.S. tax reporter changes for the city of Detroit
3140277 - TR: W-2 PR 21 not printing the employer phone field
3144794 - TR: Year end 2021 additional U.S. tax reporter changes for the city of Grand Rapids.

Additional notes

2464161 - TR: W-2 User Guides for HCM US Tax Reporter
2464078 - TR: 1099-R User Guides for HCM US Tax Reporter

Correction notes

3118379 - TAX: RPCALCU0 ignoring tip income after SAP Note 3054328
3118875 - RPCALCU0: technical changes regarding performance for TaxFactory SaaS
3099278 - SAP GUI F4 Amodal control : Search help Internal error table format.

KBAs (Knowledge Base Articles)

2480185 - TR: Tax Reporter - Online W-2 Enhancement Video
3081097 - KBAs (Knowledge Base Articles) for Payroll USA
3124528 - W-4 Legacy Data – Changes in IT0210

ASUG Webcast: HCM U.S. Payroll and Tax Reporting 2021 Year End Update

• ASUG webcast was concluded on October 7, 2021.

• Recording and slide deck for the ASUG webcast can be found here.

• Slide deck is also attached to the SAP Note 3082167 – U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2021 Announcement.

Limits for 2022

3079731 - BEN: Limits for HSA in Tax Year 2022
3117309 - BEN: Annual limits year 2022
3136963 - GARN: IRS Publication 1494 for tax year 2022.

Kind regards,
Graziela
388 Comments
cchennault
Explorer
0 Kudos
Is there a Phase II note expected for 2021?  If so, do we know the release date?
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Christy,

Yes, Phase II and Phase II are expected.

Phase II around Thanksgiving.
Phase III around Christmas.

Kind regards,
Graziela
ChandraV
Participant
0 Kudos
Running RPUPAV00 is a required step after the related support upgrade (or this note) and it should solve the issue. We did have the same issue during test and fixed it after running the above job. We have already moved that to production and did not notice any further issues relating to that.  Note that we have hidden those new fields in Infotype 15 as we are not using them at this point in time.

Thanks
Chandra
jwiblepasshe22
Participant
Chandra, did you just run the the program open or add PRNR's (which wouldn't make much sense)? Any issues observed after the program run? Thanks, Jeff
ChandraV
Participant
0 Kudos
jeff.wible I ran it for all PERNRs. In the selection I only added the Molga/country. Initially I tested for couple of PERNRs but after that ran it for all.  The delimitation date should not be changed (per SAP recommendation).  We went live with this support pack towards end of September, and we did not have any issue thus far. Basically the program is copying entries from Infotype 15 and 267 to the new Infotype 3430 and 3431. Note that this program is not specific for 15/267 but to all such "mirror" infotypes (like 21 and 106, 16 and 3316, etc.,).  You can find more information about this program in note 2333453.

Thanks

Chandra
jwiblepasshe22
Participant
0 Kudos
Chandra, this is what I needed, thank you so much, regards, Jeff
former_member271521
Participant
0 Kudos
What is included for Phase II and Phase III notes?

Thanks

Gayathri
former_member271521
Participant
0 Kudos
what is included for Phase II and Phase III?

Thanks

Gayathri
former_member640310
Discoverer
IRS has released 401K limit for 2022 .

IRS announces 401(k) limit increases to $20,500 | Internal Revenue Service.

Regards

Ahilan
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Ahilan,

Thank you for sharing.

I have informed the Developers, once the note is released I will publish here.

Kind regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Gayathri,

When developers have all the scope defined they will post on the announcement of Legal change with the information for Phase II and Phase III. You can filter by PY-US-TR.

I could see some planned changes for EFW2PR and 1099R.

Kind regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Ahilan,

I got an update from Developers.
They are aware about the publication and working on a note.
This will be published on the announcement of legal changes.

Kind regards,
Graziela
ChandraV
Participant
0 Kudos
Question to SAP team and others - we are currently testing the New York Metropolitan Commuter Transportation Mobility Tax (tax authority: NY1P, BSI code 00360013, tax type 19, effective 1/1/2022).  We are noticing that the tax is not being calculated (HRSP level 98 and BSI level 11.e.1 TUBs 63)  The peculiar aspect of this tax is that it is based on the employer “payroll expense” that exceeds $312,500 in any calendar quarter.  Per BSI - To use the Metro Commuter Trans District, New York Payroll Expense tax type, pass the following values for each affected employee via the program-to-program interface between TaxFactory and your payroll system:

• Value '00360013' or the User-defined Tax Code for this authority in the Tax Code (TC:) parameter

• Value '019' in the Tax Type (TT:) parameter

• Value '1' in the Formula Number (FN:) parameter

• The amount of the employer's prior quarter's total payroll gross wages in the Estimated Quarterly Gross Wages (EQ:) parameter

• The amount of pay period payroll wages in the Pay Period Wages (PW:) parameter

I'm not seeing the "EQ" parameter on the SAP-BSI interface which potentially maybe the reason the tax is not getting calculated.

Are we missing anything or is this a SAP or a BSI issue?

Thanks
Chandra
mjaix
Explorer
Chandra,

Can you check if you have an entry for tax authority NY1P in table/view VV_T5UX9_ADDINFO? I believe the EQ parameter is set only for tax authorities maintained in this table.

IMG: Payroll --> Payroll: USA --> Tax --> SAP/BSI Interface --> Maintain estimated quarterly gross wages

Thanks,
Mitesh
ChandraV
Participant
0 Kudos
mitesh.kumar.jain Thats the one! thanks Mitesh. Appreciate it.  I was searching for this one yesterday but couldnt find it. This needs to be maintained for the new NY1P that has taken over several of the NY** local authorities that makes up the Metro district.

Thanks
Chandra

rsatpathy
Explorer
Hello There,

Is there a Note released for 401K limits for 2022 as IRS has announced the Limit increase for 2022?

Thank you

Rajat
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Rajat,

Developers are aware about the publication and working on a note.
This will be published on the announcement of legal changes.

Also, when I have the note number I will update the blog.

Kind regards,
Graziela
rsatpathy
Explorer
Thank you Graziela !
ejaz1
Participant
Hi,

Going into the details of ER tax type 114 , I don't see anywhere on WA state sites  that it mandates  ER's to withhold a portion of the tax  ,this is purely EE tax from what I am reading , so does that mean that we are to exempt all the WA employees from tax type 114 on IT 0235 or should we just adjust our Tax models to only reflect Tax type 113.

Any insight on this is appreciated .

Thanks

Ejaz

ChandraV
Participant
ejaz we have set up the tax model to only reflect tax type 113.

Thanks
Chandra
ejaz1
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks ! c_mouly
02mainia18
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

Any update on the 401k limits for 2022? It's been about a week since the limits have been announced by IRS.

Thanks,

Ashish
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Ashish,

This is planned to be released tomorrow.

If this is urgent for you, you can do the update manually using the IRS information.
As the note will just delivery the steps to update the tables.

Kind regards,
Graziela
02mainia18
Active Participant
Thanks, Graziela.

Regards,

Ashish
CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Community,

As from the upgrade of the Support Packages, there are many customers facing an issue with the Search functionality (F4).
It ends up with the error "Internal error: Table format".

The below note is the solution, hope it helps!

3099278 - SAP GUI F4 Amodal control : Search help Internal error table format.

Best Regards,
Carlos
JackieN
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Carlos,

Thanks for sending, we encountered the same and was provided this note today by SAP.  Do you know if there is an alternative solution available beside rolling out a new SAP GUI to all the SAP user population?

Thanks,

Jackie
CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Jackie,

According to the note:

If you do not want to update to SAP GUI 7.60 patchlevel 1 or above, we recommend you not to implement the ABAP corrections done using the SAP Note 2753222.

If you have already applied the latest SAP_BASIS Support Packages, backend corrections will be implemented automatically. Then the only solution is to update to SAP GUI 7.60 patchlevel 1 or above.

In case you have further questions on this delivery, my suggestion is to contact BC-FES-CTL team, as this is a basis issue.

Sincerely thanks,
Carlos
JackieN
Explorer
0 Kudos
We already implemented the latest SAP_BASIS support package, so it seems we have no other option but to move forward with new SAP GUI roll out.
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Rajat,

The note has been released:
3117309 – BEN: Annual limits year 2022

Kind regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Ahilan,

Note has been released:

Kind regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Ashish,

SAP note has been released:

Kind regards,
Graziela
former_member271521
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Graziela,

I don't see PR W2/W2C magnetic tape changes in Phase I note. Are they planned in Phase II release?

Thanks

Gayathri

s0002443872
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Graziela,

We have applied BSI TUBS 59 - 65, Support Pack 99 and have run the Synchronization Tool, however, table V_T5UTX was not not updated for WA Tax Type 113?

Thanks,

Bruce
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Bruce,

I took a look at my internal system and I could see tax type 113 and tax type 114 in T5UTX:

WA Washington 113 WA Cares Fund LTC Tax - EE 01.01.2022 31.12.9999 9.999.999,99 0,005800000
WA Washington 114 WA Cares Fund LTC Tax - ER 01.01.2022 31.12.9999 9.999.999,99 0,005800000

And the BSI TUB level is 063 in my internal system.

Are you receiving any error in the Sync Tool log?

Kind regards,
Graziela

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Gayathry,

Yes, this is planned for Phase II.

Refer to the link for further details:
Announcement of Legal Changes - SAP ONE Support Launchpad

Kind regards,
Graziela
BethM-CPF
Explorer
Bruce,

Did you activate the Tax Type in BSI? Go to Mapping Tools -> Map Tax Types -> select the Tax Type that has a blank Mapping column field -> enter the Tax Type number (i.e. 113).

Just a thought.

Beth Matthews
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello all,

SAP note has been released:

3118875-RPCALCU0: technical changes regarding performance for TaxFactory SaaS

Kind regards,
Graziela
PauloCodello
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Graziela

I hope you are doing well. I know this is not the right place for this question but last year we had the SAP ACA Reporting blog, where Margaret West used to provide really good updates, but for 2021 I don't any major communication. Do you know if there is a new blog for this subject?

Thank you. (Obrigado)

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

I´m fine and you?

rogerolvrDo you know something about this?

De nada!

Graziela

former_member109388
Participant
Hello Paulo and Graziela,

For SAP ACA Reporting information, the collaboration group stays the same.

Customers can request to join the SAP Jam Collaboration Group: SAP ERP HCM Benefits Management USA.

To request to join:

1. Send e-mail to globalization@sap.com with the subject “SAP ACA” and brief message including your:

1. company name

2. name and title

3. company e-mail address (e-mail domain must match the company name registered with SAP)

2. Receive approval e-mail and follow the instructions to accept invitation to join
    Note: Once you have joined the SAP JAM Group: SAP ERP HCM Benefits Management USA, join the Subgroup or Discussion Group ‘SAP ACA Reporting’ to begin collaborating.

PS: I verified into the group and you were already invited pcodello . In case you are not being able to log in or is facing other issue, send and e-mail to the same address mentioned above and they will check it.

Regards,
Roger
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Thank you, Roger!
PauloCodello
Explorer
Roger

Good Morning

I have been part of SAP Jam for the past 3 years, and the reason why I am asking about the SAP ACA Reporting blog, it is because after Margaret West left I just saw a few updates compared with the activities from previous years.

I really appreciate the all great work that you are doing.

Thank you.

Have a great day (Tenha um bom Dia)

KDixon
Explorer
Hi Graziela,

The state of Washington has announced that they will increase the premium rate for Paid Family and Medical Leave from 0.4% to 0.6% effective January 1, 2022:

2022 WA state PFML rate increase

Do you know when we can expect BSI to deliver this rate update?

Thank you,

Kelli Dixon
Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
We too have been awaiting an update from BSI for this, and it would certainly help to be able to tell our business leaders when we can expect it, as they are pressing.
BethM-CPF
Explorer
So are we here in Charlotte, NC. Hopefully BSI will release a TUB soon. They just released TUB 66 today (TF 11.0.f), but it doesn't have the WA paid leave increases.

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Kelli,

I will try to get any information about this.

Kind regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello community,

Phase II note has been released:

3100510-Year End 2021 Phase II for U.S. Tax Reporter

Kind regards,
Graziela
former_member109388
Participant
Hello Paulo,

Thank you for the feedback.

I have already shared your feedback with the Product Manager internally.

Hope we have more news in the next weeks.

You are welcome.

Have a great day you too.
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Kelli/Matt,

I´m still checking this.

Kind regards,
Graziela
former_member271521
Participant
0 Kudos
This Phase II  note doesn't provide instructions for PR W2C magnetic tape changes. Could you please check the note?

Thanks

Gayathri