Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello community,

As the Q1 due date in April 30th, this blog is not updated anymore. The blog for 2022 has been created, if you have any question, please post there.

Another Year with our U.S. Tax Reporter Year End blog. If you have questions about 2021 Year-End reporting, you can post it here. This blog will be updated with tips, best practices and, SAP Notes related to this subject.

To be able to access the Year-end 2021 in the Globalization finder page you need to be logged on (similar to SAP Service Marketplace) because it is a gated area and would need authorization.

To review the planned Legal changes for US, start the Announcement of Legal Change application. You can find detailed information about the Announcement of legal changes on this blog.

Year End notes

3082167 - U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2021 Announcement 
3085142 - Year End 2021 Phase I for U.S. Tax Reporter -> You can just apply this note via Support Package
3082151 - W-2 / 1099-R Forms, Envelopes and PR Approval letter for year 2021
3100510 - Year End 2021 Phase II for U.S. Tax Reporter -> You must apply the prerequisite note and run the report NOTE_3100510, which is delivered in the prerequisite note:
3120702 - (Prerequisite objects for SAP Note 3100510)
3132965 - Year End 2021 phase III for U.S. Tax Reporter -> You must apply the prerequisite note and run the report NOTE_3134256, which is delivered in the prerequisite note:
3134256 - (Prerequisite objects for SAP Note 3132965).
3123716 - TR: Short dump when generating a Form W-2 that reports a 3-Digit Tax Type
3135634 - TR: Eugene Tax Type 106 not processed into Third party for W2 (FED) TemSe file
3136264 - TR: multiple blank output W-2 form pages for New Jersey employees
3138406 - TR: Year End 2021 additional U.S. Tax Reporter changes.
3138997 - TR: Q4/2021 changes for OH ICESA file format
3138872 - Tax Year is missing on W2 form for USERRA
3143778 - TR: Year end 2021 additional U.S. tax reporter changes for the city of Detroit
3140277 - TR: W-2 PR 21 not printing the employer phone field
3144794 - TR: Year end 2021 additional U.S. tax reporter changes for the city of Grand Rapids.

Additional notes

2464161 - TR: W-2 User Guides for HCM US Tax Reporter
2464078 - TR: 1099-R User Guides for HCM US Tax Reporter

Correction notes

3118379 - TAX: RPCALCU0 ignoring tip income after SAP Note 3054328
3118875 - RPCALCU0: technical changes regarding performance for TaxFactory SaaS
3099278 - SAP GUI F4 Amodal control : Search help Internal error table format.

KBAs (Knowledge Base Articles)

2480185 - TR: Tax Reporter - Online W-2 Enhancement Video
3081097 - KBAs (Knowledge Base Articles) for Payroll USA
3124528 - W-4 Legacy Data – Changes in IT0210

ASUG Webcast: HCM U.S. Payroll and Tax Reporting 2021 Year End Update

• ASUG webcast was concluded on October 7, 2021.

• Recording and slide deck for the ASUG webcast can be found here.

• Slide deck is also attached to the SAP Note 3082167 – U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2021 Announcement.

Limits for 2022

3079731 - BEN: Limits for HSA in Tax Year 2022
3117309 - BEN: Annual limits year 2022
3136963 - GARN: IRS Publication 1494 for tax year 2022.

Kind regards,
Graziela
388 Comments
CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Hemanth,

I see that you have opened a support incident addressing this issue.
A colleague will follow up with you.

Thank you,
Carlos
alicia_robinson
Participant
We have this same issue and now also having the negative issues.  There is another post about this issue on this blog TaxFactory 11.0 | SAP Blogs

I would really like to know what comes out of your incident.
former_member649267
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi

All i did is retro back all employees from 01/01/2022, taxes naturally adjusted and resolved this. issue. Please try this and kindly let me know if you still have any issues
alicia_robinson
Participant
Did you check your TCRT for the YTD /711?

We didn't want to retro this change because it's more than half of our employee population.  We expected it to act like all other unemployments and auto adjust for the /411 and /711.  It is adjusting for the /411, but it's not creating the YTD /711 that will be needed at the end of the year.

We have had to retro some employees with the negative issues back to 1/1/2022, but it still doesn't create the /711 YTD entry in TCRT.
former_member649267
Participant
Hi Alicia,

Under regular payroll scenario, system calculates /411 and save this wage type under RT and TCRT. but it does not accumulate /711 in both RT and TCRT.

As per instruction from SAP, i did retro one employee from 1st pay period of 2022, system did calculate correct /411 (Cumulated in both RT and TCRT). System did calculate correct /711 and cumulated in TCRT.

We have more than 80000 employees in USA and the only option we have right now is to retro all of them from 1st pay period of 2022.

This is the same what SAP recommends in the BSI 11.0 Blog that you have sent.

Hope this helps

stevenan
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello,

We did not have that many employees impacted and most had already reached the FED FUTA 7K wage limit.  We do not have issues as it seems to use FED WT /710 for the calculation.  We did not retro any employees.  There should not be any concerns and this will only apply if the states do not repay the FUTA loan by 12/31/2022.

Thanks, Anna
amrice
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am trying to generate Form 941x for Q2 2021 (Form name - HR_F_941X_21).  Line 18c is not populating the amount of the wage type configured on Define Tax Forms.  It is displaying 0.00.  The wage type is in the RT (amount GT 0.00).  COB2 is capturing the # of individuals correctly (Line 18d).  PU19 Configuration checker returns no errors.  I have reviewed the manual configuration steps listed in Notes 3083881 & 3070882. 

Tax Form details:

Tax Form field: COB1

Evaluation type: 3 - deposited tax

Print option: 3 - don't print if zero

Form processing indicator: checked

Taken from tax tables: Tax Form group: COB1

Tax Form group - COB1

Wage type - mapped

Date 1/1/21-high date

Field to be taken from payroll result: Amount

Store content in interface table field: Tax and deposit

Add wage type

Employee info checked

Regular wage and tax reporting: Sum all amounts of quarter

Reporting for retro: Sum all amounts of quarter

former_member649267
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Team,

i have set up oregon state with 10,30,40,96 as tax types and Massachusetts state with 01,10, 11,18,87 and 99.

Upon running payroll iam getting an error message "Wage type /496 is missing in table "V_T5US0" for state of oregon and " Wage type /499 is missing in table "V_T5US0" for state of Massachusetts. Screenshot is given below for references.

OREGON

MASSACHUSETTS

Upon doing some research i found SAP Knowledge base article 2671295, Screenshot is attached below.

SAP KNOWLEDGE BASE ARTICLE

According to the configuration i have added both /496, /D96 for Oregon and /499 & /D99 in Table T5US0. now the error is resolved.

But SAP note talks only about /496 and not /499 (For Massachusetts).

Please confirm doing the same will resolve the issue for /499 (Massachusetts state).

CarlosAccorsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Hemanth,

KBA 2671295 (Payroll error missing entry in V_T5US0) is a generic KBA and the same instructions can be followed if you face the same error for different Tax Authorities and/or Wage Types.

Sincerely thanks,
Carlos
0 Kudos

​Hello All

We are facing a tricky situation with Deferred Comp Deductions on W-2 and wanted to know anyone faced such issue in the past and if yes, what was the resolution. 

Employee is working in NY and residing in CT. His base salry is deferred by X percentage and he also have Deferred comp bonus with some Y percentage. Percentages are calculated without any issues. However, the taxable earnings /701 is differing between NY and CT and the same is showing on the W2. We are expecting the taxable earnings for both the states should be same and without deferred comp earnings for both the states and also box 1 should be without differ comp deductions. 

1. Is our assumption right?

2. If yes, why the /701 is differing from resident state to work state? FYI, resident state taxable earnings are showing high in our case

3. if /701 should be different for both states and which state earnings should show on box 1 in w2 is it resident or work state? 

Early response is much appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Anyone run into the issue for Q1.2022, when running 941 using for current form HR_F_941_21_Q2 that the "Rev June (Q002)" has 2022 for the date (in the future) and in the tax reporter log the field Q002 is 2022?

Outside of overlaying that variable Q002 with 2021, has anyone run into this?

Regards,

Kevin

P.S. I wasn't sure if this was the right forum for this question.
BethM-CPF
Explorer
Hi Kevin,

There is a new OSS note and a new PDF form for 2022. OSS note is 3156413 (TR: Form 941 (Fed) and Form 941 Schedule B (FED) updated for Q1/2022). It has a prerequisite note 3168377 (Prerequisite objects for SAP Note 3156413.

The new PDF is HR_F_941_22 and is provided in note 3156413.

Hope this helps.

Beth Matthews

0 Kudos
Thank you
SteveMurray
Explorer
We are having the same issue with the Ohio SUI file regarding missing name and email.  Can you explain more what you did for it to load?
psrinivas12
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Steve,

How are you doing?  We are having similar issue. Tried reaching out to you.  But your phone has blocked my number.

Paddy
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello community,

As the Q1 due date in April 30th, this blog is not updated anymore. In a couple of months a new blog for 2022 will be created. Meantime if you have any doubt you can create questions using the tag HCM_Payroll_USA.

Thank you all for the contribution on this blog!

Kind regards,
Graziela
psrinivas12
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Everyone,

Do you happen to know how we can configure what appears in Box d (Control number) of the W2  form. We use .pdf for W-2 output.

Currently the Box d has PERNR.  We want to see if we can change this.

I will appreciate all of your pointers.

Thank you.

Paddy
Randall_A
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi,

Did you make you configuration change to include /Q03 in Box 3 and /Q05 in Box 5 for the W-2? Or is there a SAP note?
psrinivas12
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Randall,

There wasn't any SAP note when I encountered this issue.  I created an OSS Incident.  SAP's response stated that they would provide the config change via SAP note only if we provide them a legal document, which requires that /Q03 go into box 3 of W2 etc.

So, I resigned myself to configuring that quick change myself.  Fortunately we stopped using that WT which was generating /Q03 and /Q05.  That WT was the only one which was generating /Q03.  So, I didn't have to do anything.

Regards

Paddy
former_member649267
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Team,

I have issue with Gross up wage types.

on pay period 01 2022 employee reside and work in state of Colorado. Employee has gross up wage type with an amount for $1500.00. Now taxes including Federal + State (Colorado) + EE social security + employee Medicare is $800.00. Now System adds 1500.00 + 800.00 (taxes) comes out with total gross of $2300.00. System subtract taxes so employee gets a full pay of $1500.00

on 12th pay period (06/01/2022 - 06/15/2022) they changed employee record effective 01/01/2022 where employee reside in Rhode island and work in Colorado. Payroll team request to retro this employee from first pay period and calculate taxes for both Rhode Island and Colorado.

I set up a reciprocity in BSI which stared calculating taxes for Both Rhode island and Colorado.

ISSUE:

When we retro back this employee to Pay period 01 2022, We have gross up wage type for $1500.00. Now the total calculated taxes are

Now taxes including Federal + State (Colorado & Rhode island) + EE social security + employee Medicare is $1000.00. Now System adds 1500.00 + 1000.00 (taxes) comes out with total gross of $2500.00, This happens with USTAX functionality. Now later in schema UTPRI set this back to $800.00 (As in first pay period) and set Rhode Island taxes to $0.00. now total gross becomes $2500.00 - $800.00 = $1700.00 as payment and system retro $200.00 back which is incorrect.

When UTPRI reset the taxes back, why not it reset Gross up wage type amount as well so we dont have to face this issue. Please let me know if anyone else is having this kind of similar issues or is there a note to resolve this issue.

former_member649267
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Team,

Can someone please share your thoughts/updates on this issue
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello aqhe9978,

I recommend to you to review:

3094116  Gross-up calculation returns an unexpected amount due to retro changes

As mentioned in the begging of the blog, this is not updated anymore as this is related to the YE.

Please, post questions using the tag HCM Payroll USA

Kind regards,
Graziela
eliza4c
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is an SAP note for the new 941 Q2/2022 form that came out in June? Thanks!
Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
Hi Elizabeth,

The Note is still being put together I believe. SAP has just released a Legal Change Notification about it:

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/legalchangenotification/NoteInforSet/jira=GSREQAMER-3045/MidColu...

Cheers,
Matt
eliza4c
Explorer
Thank you for your quick reply! This is helpful.

Elizabeth
Katt
Participant
0 Kudos
Was a resolution for this ever found? We are having this issue for Q2.

Thanks,

Katherine
Randall_A
Explorer
0 Kudos
I see a legal change regarding upcoming changes for form 941 Q2/2022 . Maybe it will be fixed with this update.

graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello all,

This is the announcement for the 941 Q2 form:
Announcement of Legal Changes - SAP ONE Support Launchpad

This is planned to be released on 18.07.2022.

Kind regards,

Graziela

robert_laliberte2
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello,

I am not sure if this is the proper blog to ask the question, if not, please direct to the proper one.

BSI was planning to release Cyclic H on July 16th as per their site. It was confirmed by them that it was ready but were waiting for it to be certified by SAP before releasing it to their customers. When can we expect SAP to be done with the certification process?

Thx

RL
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello RL,

For questions about BSI TaxFactory you can use the blog:

TaxFactory 11.0 | SAP Blogs

Regarding your question about cyclic H, I have talked to the Developer and he will clarify this with BSI. Once I get any news I will let you know.

Kind regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello RL,

I received an update from Developer.

SAP didn´t received the cyclic to certify, this is planned to be done still on July. After this, the cyclic will be certified. We reached out BSI as well and they informed the information on their website is subject of changes. You can reach BSI via email if you have further questions.

Kind regards,
Graziela
eliza4c
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello- Could you please let me know if the blog for U.S. Tax Reporter Year End 2022 is coming up soon or is already out there? Thank you!
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Elizabeth,

The blog already in draft I will release it in a couple of days. Once it´s ready I will publish here.

Kind regards,
Graziela
graziela
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Elizabeth,

The blog for 2022 is now released.

Kind regards,
Graziela

eliza4c
Explorer
Thank you Graziela!
mmrigank
Explorer
Hi Padmanabh

I am trying to set up /419 now - do we need to create new tax auth NY1P and use it on IT208 for it to work. Can you please share the step-by-step details for this to configure and use.

Customer did not implement it when it was released and we have to enable it now.
psrinivas12
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Manish,

NY1P is an existing tax authority, provided by SAP.  You do not have to create it.

Just Populate NY1P in Source tax authority field of IT 208 for all of those employees whose Work Tax authority is any of NY03 through NY0E.

Tax type 19 configuration is already provided by SAP.  No work for you there.

Only posting to FI needs to be configured for /419 WT.

Regards

Paddy
PrakashGone
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Team,

I have a scenario where i have to deduct SHS tax from the Employee and got the help from SAP referred to the below notes,

But I am not sure what fields needs to be updated in IT0234 and IT0210 and which tax Authority, need your help to update the master data to deduct this Tax along with Regular Taxes,

Below is the Solution Proposed by SAP,

For the opt-in option, you need to use the override functionality of IT0234.
For the opt-out, please use the exemption field from IT0210.

For further details, please refer to the following documentation:

3071303 (Multnomah County and Metro District City Oregon Taxes).
3142180 (TAX: IT0234 is not overriding withholding tax in off-cycle payment for Metro District and Multnomah).
3146714 (TAX: "Opted-in" on regular payment does not require tax on supplemental wages for Metro District and Multnomah).