cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adt installation in eclipse i getting error operation cannot be completed.

naresh1234986
Discoverer
0 Kudos

when i plugin to adt i getting an error like

operation cannot be completed for the latest https://tools.hana.demand.com/latest

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

FernandaKlauck
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Naresh Kumar

Thank you to contact SAP.

Customers may experience this error while trying to connect to ABAP Development Tools (ADT) in S/4HANA Cloud due to various reasons. To resolve this, going through the following steps:

1. Check internet connectivity: Poor internet connection can lead to such errors. Ensure you're connected to a reliable and fast internet connection.

2. Ensure correct URL: Double-check the ADT URL (https://tools.hana.demand.com/latest) that you're trying to access and make sure it's correct.

3. Check the version: Make sure you are using the correct version of the server as well as the development tools. Sometimes, compatibility issues can cause errors. You need Eclipse with ADT installed and ABAP platform Cloud Connector setup to work with ABAP in the Cloud.

4. Issue with Cache: Sometimes, Eclipse IDE may have caching problems. Restarting the IDE or clearing the cache may help.

5. Configure Network Connections: Configure your network connections settings under "General-> Network Connections" in Eclipse if you are behind a proxy.

6. Update SAP Development Tools: Sometimes, the problem may be due to not having the most recent version of SAP Development Tools for this purpose. Updating to the latest version might resolve the issue.

7. Get help from SAP: If you're still unable to connect, then you may want to consider reaching out to SAP Support for assistance opening an incident. They may be able to provide further insight into what's causing the issue. Please take a look in the following KBAs that guide customers to open incidents for our SAP Product Support: KBA 1339209 - Best practices for creating a support case - SAP for Me and KBA 1922545 - How to create a perfect support case for SAP Product Support - SAP for Me

Remember: Following the above steps should be done carefully to avoid further complications to the system. If you're not familiar with the system, consider reaching out to IT support or your system admin to help.

I hope it can helps you solve your problem.

Kind regards.