cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic copying of material descriptions in different languages

Hello!

We would like to know if the following is possible:

When I create a material I inform it of different languages like can be ES, EN, IT....

I would like to know if when I create a material with ES language and I indicate text for that language, for example, consulting hours. If I can create the next language with the text of the previous language copied into the one I just created automatically.

Is this possible?

If it is possible, can you tell me how?

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,

Carmen.

Mark_W
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after 7 days.

You can unaccept it anytime if you have further questions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Enda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Carmen ,

When creating a material ( Create Material , Manage Product Master Data apps) , its possible to copy the descriptions maintained for a Material by using another one as reference but there is no customizing available that

if a description is maintained in English that it automatically copies to Spanish when creating the Material

An option to consider is creating the Materials first and maintaining the "main" language description.

Afterwards , use the Migration Object 'Product - extend existing record by new org levels' to mass create

the additional descriptions for the materials involved again in the different languages.

https://help.sap.com/viewer/cc9ecc5f5f6b400a98d10e930324f7ad/latest/en-US/9c62e3f7092744d49021051301...

Best Regards

Enda

Answers (0)