Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Role Creation / Manual Process

SAPSupport
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear SAP, 

We want to create a role that is related to Sales but the process is very manual. If we want to add Business Catalogs to the role, we can do it only selecting one by one and it require long time to create a single role.

Is there any other option? 

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn more about the SAP Support user and program here.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SAPSupport
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Customer,

There are two options for this requirement:

1) Create the Business Role and add the Business Catalogs you want selecting them using the checkboxes. 

For this option, you need to create the Business Role and in "Business Catalogs" tab you click on "Add" button and select all the Business Catalogs that you want using the checkbox in the left side.

In this case, it's still a manual work but is the best option for this update.

2) Use the Standard Business Role Templates delivered by SAP. 

In my opinion, this is the best option because it saves you a lot of time. You might have noticed that in SAP Fiori Apps Library each application has a Business Role Template. A business role template is defined by SAP to make it easier for you to find the business catalogs that might be relevant for the corresponding role in your company.

You can create a Business Role from a Template and just check if the Business Catalogs are correct. 

I checked in the excel list that you've provided and I noticed that for example 40 applications have the Business Role Template "Production Planning" assigned. Creating a Business Role from this template will provide you access to these 40 applications.

You can read the SAP Help Portal documentation for more information: How to Create a Business Role from a Template

Kind regards.

Answers (0)