cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy control from Req. deliv.date to Billing Date in a Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

When creating a new Sales Order the date from field Req. deliv.date (Sales tab Header) is copied to field Billing Date (Sales Order Item - Billing Document tab).

Our requirement is to "block" this copy control and have two new ones.

The objective is to copy the date from field Req. deliv.date (Sales tab Header) to field Serv.rendered (Sales Order Item - Billing Document tab) and the date from field Document Date (Sales tab Header) copied to Billing Date (Sales Order Item - Billing Document tab).

These copy controls inside of a Sales Order itself are standard but we need to know if there is any way to change its logic.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope that you take into account that the billing date in the sales order may be different from the billing date in the billing document. This is situation is common in delivery-related billing, where the proposed billing date will be the actual goods issue date if you do not overwrite it manually or via a data transfer routine.

If you have order related or order-related on delivery quantity then the default billing date and the service rendered date will be determined from the order item. Is this something that you will want to change as well or you really need to set the dates only in the sales order?

If you have to set automatically in the sales order a different billing date than the one proposed by the system - this should be possible via MV45AFZZ, USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBKD.

Still, I would question if it is reasonable to set it as equal to sales order document date. Why do you need to do this? Usually sales order document date is used to register in the system when the order was placed by the customer.

Let us assume that customer places an order on 07.10.2020 with requested delivery date 15.11.2020. In this case you would expect service rendered date 15.11.2020 and billing date 07.10.2020.

If you deliver on time (15.11.2020), I am not sure that Accounting would agree with this, especially considering that you will usually generate the invoice after you post goods issue (if you delivered on time, this means creating an invoice in November with billing date in October). I mention this, because my country of residence it is not allowed to issue invoice # 125 for 07.10.2020 if you issued invoice # 124 for 08.10.2020.

Please, validate the concept with the business and also with a finance expert, including the impact on country-specific reporting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Veselina,

Thanks for the feedback.

In our company and for these cases the Billing Date from the Sales Order will always be equal to the Billing Date in the Billing itself.

The objective is only to change the derivation between fields in the Sales Order itself.

The copy controls between Sales Order and Billing are OK since the dates are currently being changed manually in the Sales Order and not in the Billing.

Usually the current date will be the Billing Date and and that's why we want to propose the Document Date (as it always propose the current date).

The issue is that the current date is also proposed to the Req. deliv.date but that one is most of the times changes but then it also changes automatically the Billing Date.

Example:

Current date = 08.10.2020

Customer Invoice Date = end of month (31.09.2020) -> should be the Req. deliv.date

Date of Sale Invoice issue = current date = 08.10.2020 -> should be the Billing Date

We will assess your proposal.

Thank you

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you post a query and give further updates, please add the content under "Comments" and not under "Answer" as you were not answering to a query but only providing additional informations as asked by the members. Also, when you add the text under Comments, it will be intimated to the person to whom you are responding whereas, if you add the text under Answer, the member will not be intimated. By the way, your above answer has been converted as comment by me.