cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the program CS_BOM_PRODVER_MIGRATION02 consider the consistency check when is creating PV?

eduardo_vargas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Related to Production Version, I did not find any note which refers the consistency check validation after to execute the program CS_BOM_PRODVER_MIGRATION02 for phantom and subcontracting materials in S/4.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

itzemuetze2
Explorer
0 Kudos

2697620 - No automatic consistency check in report CS_BOM_PRODVER_MIGRATION02 and CS_BOM_PRODVER_MIG...

Resolution

This is standard behavior. Both report CS_BOM_PRODVER_MIGRATION02 and CS_BOM_PRODVER_MIGRATION cannot do automatic consistency check, mass consistency check can be performed manually using transaction code C223 after running these report.

eduardo_vargas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response!

We are going to open a SAP incident, as the standard program does not fit all needs, In addition to consistency check, also need to ensure the production version should be create considering BOM valid from date, instead of the date which the progra was ran, and the should be a field to define the text name.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

eduardo_vargas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sounds good. Thanks for sharing!

Now, my concern is related to BOM date valid from. The Production Version is considering valid from of date that the program was executed, instead of BOM valid from. This issue impact the requirements created in the past

itzemuetze2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

I just found out, that it is possible to create PV for material only with BOM and no plan. This is what we need for our external procurement with SOBSL 30.

BUT: IF there is a plan for a material (wether active or inactive) the Report will not consider this material while creating PVs.

So I think at this point we have only the option to create the PVs in two steps. First step by using the report CS_BOM_PRODVER_MIGRATION02 with the below selection. This is to create the PVs for material that dont have a plan (group counter).

In a second step we have to create the PVs for those materials who have (maybe out of historical reasons) a plan manually. Maybe we can use C223 for this.

I am interested if you are facing similiar problems, please let me know, if you like.

Regards
Michael

eduardo_vargas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Just a confidence check, have you used the Plant Specific. Material Status to create PV in mass?

I am able to create set these parameters below:

itzemuetze2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

I have the field Plant-Specific Material Status ... if this was the question 🙂

We have configured material status L1 to L9, just for the record. If I use this field for selection it works.

10-10-2023-17-27-32.png

I hope I got you right ?! Otherwise let me know !

Regards, Michael

itzemuetze2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo, this is a good idea.

Maybe you can also check my current issue and adress it to SAP as well:

I try to create production versions for Material with external procurement and special procurement key 30. While using report CS_BOM_PRODVER_MIGRATION02 I always get a production version with a plan group (if one is existing, no matter what status). If I use the selection criteria "plan status" in the reports first view, the system does not create any production version at all 😞

In other words: if there is any existing plan for external procured material, the system generates a production version by using not only the BOM but also the (maybe) inactive plan (group counter).

BUT:

The obsolete report CS_BOM_PRODVER_MIGRATION does not consider any plan group at all.... 🙂 for me, the old report seems to be the right coice if it comes to create production version for externally procured material with special procurement key 30. (SOBSL 30).

Any comments or experiences are highly appreciated

regards

Michael

0 Kudos

I can't find any SAP note related to it