Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTW Inventory Posting Error

Manal-SH
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear community,

I am trying to import an inventory posting in SAP B1 (HANA on-premise version 9.3) through the DTW (Data Transfer Workbench). So I am using 3 templates: inventory posting header, inventory posting lines, and inventory posting batches. But it's always a failure.

I'm receiving the following error: "1 Created Failed 1 Cannot add row without complete selection of batch/serial numbers65171 "

Note that when the initial quantities of item batches in the specified warehouse are all zero, the import is a success. But when there is a certain quantity for a batch, I receive the error. I also tried adding rows in the template for the batches with zero quantities in the warehouse; also same error.

Does anyone know how should I write my data?

3 templates3 templatesbatches templatebatches template

I attached sample photos. Note that when I first manually set the item quantity in warehouse WH0002 to zero in SAP, the first example worked and it posted qty 10 for the batch '2027-12-31'. But if there is an existing qty, it's unsuccessful (with and without rows 2 and 3)

SAP Business One, version for SAP HANA 

SAP Business One 

@SAPSupport 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BattleshipCobra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello!

If you do this manually in the UI and you have for example 10 quantity of a batch managed item and then you count it to zero you have to select all of the batches at a negative quantity to write out.  In my example you would need -10 quantity of batches.

I see in your batch sheet that you have zero quantities for certain rows.  Likely you would need to set those rows to the negative quantity (or perhaps positive?) in order for it to be complete.  I always look at the UI for examples of how the data should look.

BattleshipCobra_0-1716350353883.png

(I tried an example here where I counted out 185 quantity down to zero)

BattleshipCobra_1-1716350389936.png

(SAP required me to select all of the batches it thought it had on hand even if I said zero were left because it doesn't know what was taken out or added even if we're removing everything)

You seem to have no problem for the positives because you have say +10 quantity and then +10 explained batch quantity so this makes sense.

If you have zero and then zero batch quantity I think you need to count zero and then account for the -10 batch values the same way you would doing it manually.

Let me know, I can do more testing but this is what came to me as I was looking at this question,

Mike

Manal-SH
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. It was so helpful and solved my problem.

It seems the inventory posting doesn't accept the actual quantity of the item batch, but its variance (+ or -). So if I have an initial quantity of 10 for batch 1, I will have to input it as -2 if the counted quantity is 8. However the inventory count takes the actual quantity per batch as input.

Thank you so much 🙂

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ANKIT_CHAUHAN
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Manal-SH,

Check SAP KBA 3415562.

It should give you a clue.

Kind regards,

ANKIT CHAUHAN

SAP Business One Support

Manal-SH
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your support.

I checked the note, and the inventory counting works fine in import. But what I need to import is an inventory posting directly (with the offset decrease and increase accounts). However, it is not working. Is there any solution?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Manal

DTW Inventory Posting.PNG

In this example, let's say there is already an initial quantity of 20 in the warehouse WH0002, and I am posting these 3 templates where the total quantity after count is now 10 (and the 10 are for the batch '2027-12-31'), I will receive an error "Cannot add row without complete selection of batch/serial numbers65171"

LoHa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

maybe it helps 

https://me.sap.com/notes/841270 

regards

LoHa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In the posting lines you got linenum 0 in the batches you used BaseLineNumber 1
Manal-SH
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for replying 🙂

But if I write the BaseLineNum as 0, I receive an error "Argument 'Start' must be greater than zero"

So I thought I should be following the second column (LineNumber not LineNum) although I don't get what's the difference.