Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment/Functional location Manufacturer Serial number --> Order --> PR

dhan363
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Equipment/Functional location has manufacturer serial number. Maintenance order is created for the equipment/Functional location with spare parts. Dependent requirement was generated against the order for all spare parts. After MRP run, Purchase Requisition was generated for spares.

In Purchase Requisition, we need to map the equipment/Functional location manufacturer serial number.

Business process:

Vendor will see the manufacturer serial number in the PR and provide the exact spare parts based on the manufacturer serial number.

Is there any way to flow the equipment/functional location manufacturer serial number to PR?

dhan363_0-1713956502953.png

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello @dhan363 

In my opinion, it is not possible to create a direct link between a purchase requisition for a spare part and a serial number of the equipment that is being repaired. The challenge is that dependent requirement and then the purchase requisition refers to anonymous stock that is not directly linked to the maintenance order. 

On top of that if you get several dependent requirements for the same part (i.e. resulting from several maintenance orders) for the same date, MRP will consolidate them into a single purchase requisition. Thus this PR will refer to more one serial number.

What you can do is to execute requirements pegging to trace from a purchase requisition to maintenance order(s). The pegging can be executed with MD_PEGGING_NODIALOG function.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

RAHEEL_BABAR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding You have the option to add customized field manufacturing serial number in PR, but you can also utilize the material serialized functionality for this purpose. This enables you to automatically generate an equipment master. For further clarification, please refer to the image below.

Serial Profile: OIS2

RAHEEL_BABAR_1-1713959348480.png

RAHEEL_BABAR_0-1713959207898.png

Regards

dhan363
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raheel,

Thanks for you inputs.

I have equipment Generator. Generator gots breakdown. Breakdown order created for Equipment Generator. In the breakdown order, Component - 1200 (Compressor) maintained as a spare part. Order was saved. Dependent requirement was created for the material (Compressor). After MRP run, PR also created. I want manufacturer serial of the generator to be mentioned in the PR. So vendor will see the generator serial number and will give the exact compressor which suits for the generator.

Is there any way to update the generator serial number in the components PR?

Serial profile in OIS2 is maintained and assigned in Plant view 2 of material master . It creates serial number with equipment for the compressor stocks (components) (I don't want serial number for the component stocks). In the auto generated equipment, generator serial number was also not availbale. Equipment data was empty.

Can you please suggest me the possible way to achieve the above process?

RAHEEL_BABAR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi, Manufacturer Serial number in maintained in equipment master you can call in PR via enchantment with the help of Abaper.