cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMLA Rolling 12-month entitlement - Customers Needed!

jwiblepasshe22
Participant
0 Kudos

The America's SAP User Group HCM Community is looking for 5 customers who are willing to support the request below by one of our ASUG member companies by committing to assist with defining and developing the process and assisting with testing, validation and implementation if the request is accepted by SAP.

Please review the issue below and, if you agree to support the request, please reply to this forum.

Description of the issue:

Employers must designate an FMLA measuring year for purposes of calculating its employeesu2019 12 week FMLA entitlement. One of the methods available for determining the 12-month period is a "rolling" 12-month period measured backward from the date an employee uses any FMLA leave.

When this option is used, the FMLA workbench calculates the entitlement balance each time an absence is assigned or removed from an FMLA event. However, in a rolling 12 month window, the absences that impact entitlement balance are dynamically changing as time passes even if they are not explicitly unassigned. When an absence passes beyond the rolling 12-month span, it should no longer impact entitlement balances for an event.

The FMLA workbench only recalculates balances as absences are assigned or unassigned, it will not accurately reflect this impact of the passage of time where the rolling 12-month window is used. As a result it will incorrectly report entitlement balances.

The functional work-around is to manually or programmatically add and assign a u201Cfakeu201D absence for each person on FMLA leave to force the workbench to perform the calculation, then to un-assign and delete the u201Cfakeu201D record. This process presents an unacceptable level of risk due to creation of false time entries.

Description of Improvement Request:

1) Provide a function to calculate entitlement balance for family care rules. This function would operate using one of two sets of input parameters:

a) given a PERNR and date the function would

• Find all Events/Reasons active on the given date

• Collect all Rules using a rolling 12-month option for these active Event

• Calculate and return balances for each collected Rule using the week entitlement for the rule subtracting relevant absences for 12-months prior to the given date

b) given a PERNR, date, and Reason code

• Collect all Rules for the given Reason using a rolling 12-month option

• Calculate and return balances for each collected Rule using the week entitlement for the rule subtracting relevant absences for 12-months prior to the given date

2) Use the above function (option a) to update exiting reasons in the FMLA workbench on a nightly basis in addition to current calculation when absence assignments are changed. Using the function with a future date would allow for u201Cforecastingu201D balances for planning purposes.

Priority:

Since our company has chosen to use the rolling 12-month window as our option, and the workbench currently yields misleading results using this option, we give this request a high priority (8)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

I am making this a "sticky thread" to maximise it's visibility on the forum. When you have 5 customers please let me know, and I will remove the "sticky" properties.

Best regards,

Giselle.

jwiblepasshe22
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Giselle, still at 3 companies at this point....

mraffel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

did this idea get any traction and was it moved forward?

We are just starting to look at the FMLA workbench.

Thanks and best regards,

Mathias Raffel

jwiblepasshe22
Participant
0 Kudos

Mathias, unfortunately we never received enough companies interest. I am going to the ASUG conference next week and I will attempt to possibly recruit others who want to or are already using this functionality. I'll let you know if we get enough interest to move forward.

Regards,

Jeff

Answers (0)